|Original author(s)||Divide Frame|
|Developer(s)||Magix Software GmbH|
|Operating system||Mac OS X
|Type||Digital audio editor|
SpectraLayers is a digital audio editing software suite developed by Magix Software GmbH. It is designed for advanced audio spectrum editing, catering to professional and semi-professional users. It was previously published by Sony Creative Software under the name Sony SpectraLayers until most of their products were acquired by MAGIX on 24 May 2016.
SpectraLayers is an advanced audio spectrum editor which allows extraction of sounds, audio restoration and creative sound design through the use of a spectral view. Its interface is similar to an image editor.
SpectraLayers is an audio editor first developed by Divide Frame and published by Sony originally as SpectraLayers Pro in July 2012. SpectraLayers Pro 2, released in July 2013, improved speed and added features like Spectral Casting/Molding, markers and metadata support, and non-linear scales. SpectraLayers Pro 3, released in January 2015 further improved performance, also adding 24-bit/192kHz audio support, and redesigning many UI components. As of January 2017 the current version is SpectraLayers Pro 4, released in December 2016, which is the first update released by Magix Software GmbH after its acquisition of SpectraLayers.
- Sony Showcases New Technology at NAB
- "Sony Creative Software Sells Majority of Products to MAGIX". www.sonycreativesoftware.com. Retrieved 2017-01-01.
- Sound on Sound review of SpectraLayers Pro 2
- MusicRadar review of SpectraLayers Pro
- DoddleNews review of SpectraLayers Pro 2
- AskAudio Magazine review of SpectraLayers Pro 2
- Cooper, Michael (20 June 2014). "Review – Sony SpectraLayers Pro 2". Electronic Musician. Retrieved 1 January 2017.
- erikvlie (2015-02-03). "Sony SpectraLayers Pro 3: painting audio for audio engineers, remix artists and audio-for-video producers". Covering Large-scale Printing, Professional Video and Photography. Retrieved 2017-01-01.
- "SpectraLayers Pro 4". www.magix.com. Retrieved 2017-01-01.