|Original author(s)||Divide Frame|
|Developer(s)||Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH|
|Operating system||Mac OS X|
|Type||Digital audio editor|
SpectraLayers is a digital audio editing software suite published by Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH. It is designed for advanced audio spectrum editing, catering to professional and semi-professional users. It was originally published by Sony Creative Software under the name Sony SpectraLayers, until most of their products were acquired by MAGIX on 24 May 2016. Then in 2019, the software was acquired by Steinberg.
SpectraLayers is an advanced audio spectrum editor which allows extraction of sounds, audio restoration and creative sound design through the use of a spectral view. Its interface is similar to an image editor.
SpectraLayers is an audio editor first developed by Divide Frame and published by Sony originally as SpectraLayers Pro in July 2012.
SpectraLayers Pro 3, released in January 2015 further improved performance, also adding 24-bit/192kHz audio support, and redesigning many UI components.
December 2016 saw the release of SpectraLayers Pro 4, which is the first update released by Magix Software GmbH after its acquisition of SpectraLayers. Up until this point it had been designed and written entirely by Robin Lobel  but in 2017, Dr. Bill Evans made additional contributions to the features design and user interface. 
SpectraLayers Pro 5 was released in May 2018. The new features include a reworked GUI, HD spectrogram, Heal Action and Frequency Repair tool. 
SpectraLayers Pro 6 was released in July 2019. According to MusicTech, "the new version adds ARA 2 support, new types of so-called ‘fade masks’, an advanced selection engine and a more intuitive interface."
- Sony Showcases New Technology at NAB
- "Sony Creative Software Sells Majority of Products to MAGIX". www.sonycreativesoftware.com. Retrieved 2017-01-01.
- "KVR Forum: Steinberg Spectralayers - Page 2".
- Sound on Sound review of SpectraLayers Pro 2
- MusicRadar review of SpectraLayers Pro
- DoddleNews review of SpectraLayers Pro 2
- AskAudio Magazine review of SpectraLayers Pro 2
- Cooper, Michael (20 June 2014). "Review – Sony SpectraLayers Pro 2". Electronic Musician. Retrieved 1 January 2017.
- erikvlie (2015-02-03). "Sony SpectraLayers Pro 3: painting audio for audio engineers, remix artists and audio-for-video producers". Covering Large-scale Printing, Professional Video and Photography. Retrieved 2017-01-01.
- "SpectraLayers Pro 4". www.magix.com. Retrieved 2017-01-01.
- "Developer Interview: Robin Lobel". 2017-10-30.
- "Artist Interview - Bill Evans". 2018-01-24.
- "SOUND FORGE - the pioneer in audio editing".
- "Steinberg releases SpectraLayers Pro 6, adds ARA 2 support". 2019-07-04.