|Country||United States of America|
|• Total||0.8 sq mi (2.1 km2)|
|• Land||0.8 sq mi (2.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||115 ft (35 m)|
|• Density||3,700/sq mi (1,400/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1852601|
Springdale is located at (38.937244, -76.845734).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 0.8 square miles (2.1 km2), all of it land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 2,645 people, 836 households, and 699 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 3,215.6 people per square mile (1,245.4/km²). There were 862 housing units at an average density of 1,047.9/sq mi (405.9/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 2.72% White, 92.29% African American, 0.26% Native American, 1.74% Asian, 0.08% Pacific Islander, 0.83% from other races, and 2.08% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.59% of the population.
There were 836 households out of which 44.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 63.5% were married couples living together, 15.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 16.3% were non-families. 12.4% of all households were made up of individuals and 2.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.16 and the average family size was 3.40.
In the CDP the population was spread out with 30.9% under the age of 18, 6.4% from 18 to 24, 32.6% from 25 to 44, 24.4% from 45 to 64, and 5.7% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 35 years. For every 100 females there were 94.1 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 87.9 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $82,341, and the median income for a family was $81,811. Males had a median income of $45,731 versus $42,326 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $28,119. About 1.4% of families and 3.0% of the population were below the poverty line, including 5.6% of those under age 18 and none of those age 65 or over.
Children living in this area attend:
- Ardmore Elementary School
- Ernest E. Just Middle School
- Charles H. Flowers High School
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Springdale, Maryland
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Springdale CDP, Maryland". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved December 23, 2011.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.