Srikakulam Road railway station
Srikakulam road railway station
|Location||Mettakkivalasa, Amudalavalasa, Srikakulam district, Andhra Pradesh
|Owned by||Government of India|
|Operated by||Indian Railways|
|Structure type||Standard (On ground)|
|Bicycle facilities||Not available|
|Zone(s)||East Coast Railway|
Srikakulam road railway station (station code:CHE) is an Indian railway station in Srikakulam town of Andhra Pradesh. It lies on the Khurda Road-Visakhapatnam section of Howrah-Chennai main line and is administered under Waltair railway division of East Coast Railway zone.
The Bengal Nagpur Railway was nationalized in 1944.Eastern Railway was formed on 14 April 1952 with the portion of East Indian Railway Company east of Mughalsarai and the Bengal Nagpur Railway. In 1955, South Eastern Railway was carved out of Eastern Railway. It comprised lines mostly operated by BNR earlier. Amongst the new zones started in April 2003 were East Coast Railway and South East Central Railway. Both these railways were carved out of South Eastern Railway.
The Palasa-Tilaru, Srikakulam Road-Chiprupalle and Chirupalle-Alamanda sectors were electrified in 1998-99. The Srikakulam Road-Tilaru sector was electrified in 1999-2000.
Srikakulam Road railway station is classified as an A–category station in the Hyderabad railway division.
- "Station Code Index" (PDF). Portal of Indian Railways. p. 2. Retrieved 31 May 2017.
- "Repalle railway station info". India Rail Info. Retrieved 23 May 2016.
- "Major Events in the Formation of S.E. Railway". South Eastern Railway. Retrieved 13 July 2013.
- "History of Waltair Division". Mannanna.com. Retrieved 13 July 2013.
- "IR History: Part – III (1900–1947)". IRFCA. Retrieved 2012-11-21.
- "Geography – Railway Zones". IRFCA. Retrieved 2012-11-21.
- "IR History: Part – IV (1947–1970)". IRFCA. Retrieved 2012-11-21.
- "History of Electrification". IRFCA. Retrieved 13 July 2013.
- "Statement showing category-wise No.of stations" (PDF). South Central Railway. Retrieved 23 April 2017.
|This article about a railway station in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|