St. Xavier's School, Kolhapur
|St. Xavier's High School, Kolhapur|
|Kolhapur, Maharashtra, India|
|Motto||Virtue and Work|
|Principal||'Father Robert das|
|Enrollment||Admission seekers have to undergo rigorous personal interviews,conducted by the teachers of the Jesuit society.This kind of admission is valid only till 5th std.There onwards,newcomers have to undergo personal interviews as well grueling entrance exams to obtain a seat in their desired grade.|
St. Xavier's High School, Kolhapur, India, is an English medium school in the town of Kolhapur in southern Maharashtra. It admitted only boys till 2008 but is now coeducational. It admits students from kindergarten till the Secondary School Certificate i.e. the 10th standard. Established in 1957, the school celebrated its Golden Jubilee in 2007.
It is located in a peaceful locality on the Kasba-Bavda road, opposite New Palace grounds. It has three large playgrounds, a library, a computer room and a fully equipped laboratory. The school is run by Jesuit fathers and follows Christian school traditions like morning prayers, annual feasts (3 December for St. Francis Xavier) and inclusion of value education or moral science in the school syllabus.The school has a shield as its emblem which is displayed on the chest pocket of the uniform of every pupil. The shield is also present on the school flag which is hoisted while the school anthem is played on the brass bugle every day.
The students are divided into 4 houses of Gold, Blue, Green and Red, used during sports competitions. The rivalry between houses is very strong but only last a few days during the finals of the annual sports events. The most spectacular events include the tug-of-war and the 2000 metre (500 X 4) relay race between the 4 houses. Other activities include 'gathering' which is an annual social event with theatrical performances by the students and annual 'leaving parade' by the oldest class of the school.
The NCC and Scouts organisations are also very active in the school and recruit a large number of students. The boys also undertake one hour of social service in the local community every week in their last two years at school.
- Virdhawal Khade, Olympic swimmer
- Satej Patil - ex- Minister of State for Home, Rural Development & FDA. Govt. of Maharashtra.
- Sujit Minchekar - Member, Legislative Assembly, Maharashtra State
- Abhay Ashtekar, physicist Homepage
- Sanjay Shiralkar, Squadron Leader,has been appointed as aerial refueling director on IL-78 MKL aircraft, the flight refueler of the IAF.
- Mr.Devavrat Bhandarkar, a pilot in the IAF was honoured with Vayusena Medal on Vayusena Day for his bravery in saving the tsunami affected people on Car Nicobar Island. 
- Pravin Darade,District Collector Nagpur,IAS
- Nikhil Namit ( Producer of Blockbuster film "Bodyguard (2011 Hindi film)" )
- Sambhajiraje Chhatrapati, Prince of Kolhapur
- Digvijay Khanvilkar, ex Minister of Health, Govt. of Maharashtra