St Mark's School, Bath
|Type||Voluntary Aided School|
|Religion||Church of England|
|Location||Bay Tree Road
Bath and North East Somerset
|Local authority||Bath and North East Somerset|
|DfE URN||109328 Tables|
|Students||210 in 2015|
St Mark's is an 11-18, mixed, Voluntary Aided, Church of England secondary school located on the border of Larkhall and Fairfield Park in Bath, England. It is a specialist Business and Enterprise College. In September 2009, 282 pupils were enrolled at the school. By May 2015, this number had dropped to 210.
In 2010, Bath and North East Somerset Council called a meeting to discuss the future of educational provision for the children of Larkhall and the school put forward alternative proposals to its closure. In 2011 the school formed a soft federation with St Gregory's Catholic College in Odd Down, and an executive head teacher, Raymond Friel, was appointed to be in charge of both schools. The federation has built a new joint sixth form, The New Sixth at the St Gregory's Catholic College site.
St Mark's School received an ‘Ofsted’ inspection in June 2015, and was judged to be a ‘Good’ school across the following key areas: leadership and management, behaviour and safety of students, quality of teaching and the achievement of students. Further to this, the school was also recognised as a ‘Good’ Church of England school in its most recent SIAMS inspection, under a new framework. The pastoral and academic support, as well as the small school ethos and value for each student were noted as particularly positive areas.
- "St Mark's CofE School". Department of Education. Retrieved 20 October 2015.
- "2015 Inspection Report" (PDF). Ofsted. Retrieved 24 November 2015.
- "St Mark's CofE School". St Mark's CofE School. Retrieved 13 November 2010.
- "Specialist Business and Enterprise Status". St Mark's CofE School. Retrieved 13 November 2010.
- "A Review of Secondary Schools in Bath" (or: original). Bath and North East Somerset Council. 14 April 2010. Archived from the original on 21 July 2010. Retrieved 15 July 2010.
- "Larkhall's Children". 21st Century learning Initiative. Retrieved 13 November 2010.
- "Bath secondary schools to join forces to stop closure". Bath Chronicle. 27 May 2010. Retrieved 13 November 2010.
- "Head takes charge of two schools". Bath Chronicle. 8 September 2011. Retrieved 9 November 2011.
- "The New Sixth Bath". Retrieved 26 September 2012.
- "One step closer to first Christian sixth form for Bath and North East Somerset". Bath Chronicle. 21 September 2011. Retrieved 9 November 2011.
- "St Mark's CofE School" (PDF). Ofsted. Retrieved 20 October 2015.
- "St Mark's CofE VA Secondary School (11-18)" (PDF). National Society Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools Report. Retrieved 20 October 2015.