Talk:Anarchists Against the Wall
|WARNING: ACTIVE ARBITRATION REMEDIES
The article Anarchists Against the Wall, along with other articles relating to the Arab–Israeli conflict, is currently subject to active arbitration remedies resulting from three arbitration cases (see WP:ARBPIAINTRO). The current restrictions are:
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Anarchists Against the Wall article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Security Fence vs Apartheid Wall
Why was the note on the barrier terminology removed? Supporters of the barrier frequently refer to it as a "Security Fence" (see 159,000 Google hits) while opponents frequently call it an "Apartheid Wall" (see 88,500 Google hits). Please explain why this information was contested. - Nihila 00:08, 4 Mar 2005 (UTC)
I am not sure if we can say that they are ethnically Jewish as Judaism is a faith and not a race in the accepted sense of the word (there is no true Jewish genetics) and thus I don't think that the article should claim that they are ethnically Jewish or Jewish anarchists (they should be Israeli Anarchists). - Anon —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 03:24, 16 January 2008 (UTC)
given the fact, that only ten percent of the security barrier are made up by concrete, the term wall is misleading, when it is actually a system of fences.even taken into consideration, the application of the degrading views of anti-semitism would be justified, the use of the word apartheid is not, as there is no segreagation between Jewish and Non-Jewish residents in Israel. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 09:38, 19 June 2008 (UTC)
made reference to Apartheid Wall
Changed first sentence from "the Israeli West Bank barrier" to "Israel's Apartheid Wall (Israeli West Bank barrier)." This is a compromise between those two terms. The Apartheid Wall term is used as the primary description because it is has more relevance to the name of the group.XXVII (talk) 09:19, 10 July 2009 (UTC)
- A compromise is usually reached between two parties, not oneself. In any case, renaming the barrier the apartheid wall in the lead is POV and misleading since the apartheid term is a POV term used by the group and it's supporters. I hope that my edit is a good compromise. --Shuki (talk) 11:34, 10 July 2009 (UTC)
- I think your edit is an O.K. compromise. But the phrase "Israeli West Bank barrier" can be seen as POV because it is misleading (at least to those in the U.S.) in imply that the barrier is just between the West Bank and the 1967 boundaries of Israel. I understand meaning of compromise. I was referring Nihila's text above where it appeared that the first paragraph could have only one or the other phrase. XXVII (talk) 21:58, 18 July 2009 (UTC)
u can explain what that band of dummis
call hemself "anarchyst"? they only cooperat the propaganda of arab terorist and they fuuny protest aginst the wall white very good reason of exist —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 05:01, 17 August 2009 (UTC)
Need for in depth revision or outright blanking of the article
In its current state, the article gives absolutely no real information about the organization. In fact, it seems to do little other than to detail cases where members of the organizations were allegedly attacked by IDF troops in very small detail and seemingly written in such a manner as to present them as cases of unprovoked, unchecked violence of the IDF.
The article shows no info about the group's leadership, members, manifesto. It likewise shows no real history of the group's activity. Oddly, it also doesn't include the allegations that several leading members of the group have had tangles with the law over the abuse of illegal narcotics. Moonshadow Rogue (talk) 12:13, 9 December 2009 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 4 external links on Anarchists Against the Wall. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20061011230113/http://mishtara.org:80/blog/?p=70 to http://mishtara.org/blog/?p=70
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070909063053/http://marseille.indymedia.org:80/news/2007/07/10426.php to http://marseille.indymedia.org/news/2007/07/10426.php
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20041208150245/http://www.stopthewall.org.il:80/mashacamp/FrontPage.html to http://www.stopthewall.org.il/mashacamp/FrontPage.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20041204185003/http://www.squat.net:80/antiwall/pictures/index.htm to http://squat.net/antiwall/pictures/index.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.