Talk:H2O: Just Add Water
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the H2O: Just Add Water article.|
|This is not a forum for general discussion about H2O: Just Add Water. Any such comments may be removed or refactored. Please limit discussion to improvement of this article. You may wish to ask factual questions about H2O: Just Add Water at the Reference desk, discuss relevant Wikipedia policy at the Village pump, or ask for help at the Help desk.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
- 1 Organization
- 2 Copyvio
- 3 Complications
- 4 Bad writing
- 5 Ocean Girl
- 6 Filming Locations
- 7 Japanese Version
- 8 Does anyone have one?
- 9 List of Characters Page?
- 10 H2O dolls
- 11 Nickolodeon controversy
- 12 Season 4
- 13 Edit request for H2O Season 4 Information, 12 August 2011
- 14 Mako: Island of Secrets
- 15 1940 Field Marshal Ceremony?
I'm unfamiliar with this show, but this article seems full of repetitive language and inconsistent headings. I'd recommend some work done to improve this article's clarity.
- Agreed. I do plan on attacking this article when I have a sizable amount of time to dedicate to it. I just ask for a bit of patience :) -- Huntster T • @ • C 01:34, 2 February 2007 (UTC)
Hunster man... You removed our "incongruities section..." I hardly thought magic powers needed to be removed too... Look at the current state of the article, it features the line "Emma turned into the super dragon trainer". Not only is it misleading, its actually hilarious.
Fine, I'll rewrite this page, it certainly needs it.
Ok, I've thought about it and this article needs new headings. I'm thinking:
Plot Characters Themes Motifs Seasons : Season 1 (summary and list of episodes) Season 2 External Links
Complications needs to be removed completely. It should be included within the season summary.
- Since the episode summaries have been added in, I thought the "Complications" section was no longer needed. -- Annie D 11:18, 18 April 2007 (UTC)
- I agree, complications needs to be removed and merged into character bios. I changed the plot to be more to the point and moved the awards section lower in the page. I think the only thing that needs to be done is to remove/merge complications and move the character bios to their own page.188.8.131.52 (talk) 22:33, 7 July 2009 (UTC)
- My main concern about having a dedicated Character page is that it will encourage unlimited additions of tertiary and other non-important characters. Right now, having it as part of the main article, tends to control that. Getting rid of the complications section is certainly a good idea and has been on my to-do list. — Huntster (t • @ • c) 23:32, 7 July 2009 (UTC)
- Well most shows do have character pages. Even if you dislike what they encourage, you can't deny they are a useful tool in organization. It's not our job to maintain Wikipedia's hard disk space. Wikipedia doesn't care about that, they care about organization above all else. It's standard procedure to extract large sections of information into their own pages. I work as a software developer, organization is what we care about, not the bandwidth or the storage space because all of that is so cheap and easy to increase. If you can add more information then so much the better, just keep it organized. 184.108.40.206 (talk) 02:11, 28 July 2009 (UTC)
I didn't want to mark the page for speedy deletion, but the "Plot" section is a direct copy-and-paste from the copyrighted series website at http://www.jonathan-m-shiff.com.au/h2o/ -- it needs a rewrite, which I'll leave to someone more familiar with the series. -- Robster2001 00:52, 12 February 2007 (UTC)
- Yes, this will eventually be taken care of when I have enough time to dedicate to it. -- Huntster T • @ • C 04:36, 12 February 2007 (UTC)
Since the episode summaries are up and sufficient to cover the series' general plot, would it be all right if the "complications" section is removed completely? It doesn't add anything to the article. -- Annie D 13:01, 19 April 2007 (UTC)
- The summaries are just that, summaries. The complications delve into more general problems, the why and how. I agree it should be trimmed down significantly, but certainly not removed. The summaries don't say precisely what problems the moon gives, or what solutions might be available, nor do they give details about what Zane has done. If I have some time, I'll be cleaning up the article to something more reasonable. -- Huntster T • @ • C 18:04, 19 April 2007 (UTC)
- What would be the point? No more episodes will be produced, no additional information will be added, just refined. The description lengths certainly shouldn't go beyond what there is already, and many of the summaries should be trimmed. If, for some reason, some vast new wealth of sourced information came available, I could see the value of splitting into separate pages, but the current page isn't that long, and at this point, it isn't going to get any bigger. — Huntster (t @ c) 23:44, 18 June 2010 (UTC)
Is it just me, or is alot of this page really badly written... Must reflect on the kind of audience this show attracts... —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs) 03:04, 18 November 2007
- Yes, there is a lot of bad writing, and you are correct on the second point as well. I plan on rewriting when I have some time, but I have a lot of other projects already waiting for completion. -- Huntster T • @ • C 10:48, 18 November 2007 (UTC)
The bad writing is still there. The readers will not understand words like euphemism, pedantic, hierarchy. We need to give easier, more understandable words for the younger readers and the age of audience that this show attracts. XxH2Oluverxx (talk) 20:42, 30 January 2008 (UTC)
- Wikipedia doesn't cater to a specific audience, though. If you want to write things in very simple terms that the target audience will more readily understand (as well as those for whom English isn't their main language), I'd suggest heading over to the Simple English Wiki at http://simple.wikipedia.org/. I think that may be exactly what you are looking for (also, we link to other wikis, from this page, so it wouldn't be as if an article on that site would be all alone). I'll be honest, I can't write that way, but folks who can are valuable to the project. — Huntster (t • @ • c) 05:28, 31 January 2008 (UTC)
- To the anon who edited the parent paragraph (is that you, H2Oluver?), I again state that this site doesn't cater to just children or any other demographic (other than the English language). If you want very simple English, please use the Simple English Wiki, which is linked above. — Huntster (t • @ • c) 22:38, 11 May 2008 (UTC)
- No, it wasn't me. —Preceding unsigned comment added by XxH2Oluverxx (talk • contribs) 13:32, 6 July 2008 (UTC)
There are no mentions of Ocean Girl, which, if I am not mistaken, was createdby thesame person for the same network.... —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 18:32, 8 March 2008 (UTC)
- I don't see any reason why it should be mentioned. If "created by" is the standard, well, that's a lot of shows. — Huntster (t • @ • c) 06:53, 9 March 2008 (UTC)
- Created by the same person, for the same network, concepts involving female protagonists with strange water-related powers and a lot of water stuff, presumable a fair bit of underwater filming... alone maybe not criteria for a link, but all of them together? I think it merits a mention.
Besides the already stated locations (which does not cover all locations, btw), shouldn't the others ne listed as well - such as the island scenes and so forth? 22.214.171.124 (talk) 03:21, 18 March 2008 (UTC)
- That's fine, though I'd like to avoid any additions that are not sourced. — Huntster (t • @ • c) 11:30, 18 March 2008 (UTC)
Recently noticed someone had posted the Japanese Dub's voice actors. Have searched the net and found no trace of a Japanese version. Any one have any information, or was it just spam? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Princesscarrie (talk • contribs) 14:44, 13 August 2008 (UTC)
- Yeah, this is outside the scope of this article. I've removed. — Huntster (t • @ • c) 11:42, 14 August 2008 (UTC)
Does anyone have one?
Users, Do any of you have any pictures of the girls ? Individual or seperate,it doesn't matter. What matters is if you have one. If so,please contact me on my talk page and put the picture(s) on the H2O article. After you do so,tell me. I appreciate it! Nosebutton (talk) 04:17, 19 November 2008 (UTC)
List of Characters Page?
I feel that there is too many characters to place into the article. Because of the long length, there is not enough room to add further necessary detail to certain characters. For these reasons, I think a 'List of H2O: Just Add Water characters' article would be ideal. Mohsin12345 (talk) 13:15, 28 December 2008 (UTC)
I just got back from target and I saw H2o dolls. They weren't just mermaid dolls, they were real h2o dolls. it said ema cleo and rikki on their boxes. Shouldn't this be added to the article? 126.96.36.199 (talk) 22:39, 11 September 2009 (UTC)
- Hmm. Given that H2O has become a worldwide thing, I imagine there is quite a bit of merchandise associated with the show. DVDs and soundtracks are one thing, but I don't think we should be including general merchandise in the article. I'm afraid it could quickly be overrun with lots of random material. I'd suggest not adding it. — Huntster (t @ c) 02:39, 12 September 2009 (UTC)
- understandable. Yeah your right.
With regards to the seemingly recently added paragraph on a controversy around the use of the word 'hell' in the episode 'Bad Moon Rising': is there any source where this information could be checked? --Calliope epoillaC (talk) 19:16, 22 April 2010 (UTC)
- It's simple unsourced and POV material. I've never heard or seen anything regarding this, so it is likely someone's personal opinion as to why the changes were made. I've again removed that paragraph and the many other in-universe paragraphs. — Huntster (t @ c) 23:36, 22 April 2010 (UTC)
The producer has confirmed they will be a season 4 in this video go to 1 minute 25 seconds, he said a 4th season maybe a movie.
- Sorry, but your video does not work. If you can copy and paste the full title, that might be useful. I also sincerely doubt that such news would be released exclusively through YouTube. This is likely not an authentic video. — Huntster (t @ c) 23:31, 31 December 2010 (UTC)
- The producer has confirmed they will be a season 4 in this video go to 1 minute 25 seconds, he said a 4th season maybe a movie.
apparently they began filming the 4th season in October. They were only susposed to be 2 season but they filmed a 3rd season because it was so popular, a 4th season will air sometime this year. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 16:00, 1 January 2011 (UTC)
- Do you have a citation from a reliable source that confirms that? There have been numerous claims of a fourth season but they've all been rumours. --AussieLegend (talk) 16:33, 1 January 2011 (UTC)
Season 4 has officially been confirmed by Aussie TV mag TV WEEK, but no word on when it will air yet. so you can now change the number of seasons.
- Um, where does it say that? You provided a link to a facebook page with no mention of the series at all, and there is no mention of this news on the TV Week website. — Huntster (t @ c) 01:17, 7 January 2011 (UTC)
did you click on the facebook link. I asked if they will be a 4th season and they answered
There will be a fourth season, but no word on when Network Ten will bring it back yet.
- Ah, I was looking for a link to some kind of reliable source. A simple forum post in no way can be accepted as a source on Wikipedia. Sorry, but we'll have to wait for something more concrete and more official than some TV Week Facebook wrangler's word. — Huntster (t @ c) 01:27, 7 January 2011 (UTC)
Hey guys, I'm new to Wikipedia. When I saw this "Season Four" post, I made an account, because I am so SICK AND TIRED of this stupid argument of season 4. I am guessing that there will be a season 4, for a couple reasons: one, I saw their FaceBooks. They all (Pheobe's, Indiana's, and Claire's) confirmed season 4. Cariba doesn't have a FaceBook. They are their real FaceBooks, because they have over 1,000 likes. FaceBook also has something to prevent posers. If you want the links, PLEASE don't yell at me for them, saying, "You stupid liar, where's your proof? Get a life!" Just PLEASE politely ask for them, and I'll give them to you. Thank you. Another reason is that Channel Ten's forum monitor confirmed that they had rights to show season 4, and it would air mid to late 2011. They started filming about around October. Like I said before, don't yell at me, calling me a liar and all that! Don't do it to each other either. Sorry about the rant, the yelling at each other isn't really happening here, mostly at other season 4 sites where people who think there'll be no season 4 just yell and yell and their competitors yell and yell back. So, sorry, I'm just a little wound up. Again, if you want the links, just post a (polite) message here asking for them. I'll check back later to see if you guys want them. Thank you and have a good day. H2O fantic (talk) 02:32, 2 February 2011 (UTC)H2O fantic
- "Over 1,000 likes" on FaceBook don't prove that this are real accounts of Pheobe's, Indiana's, and Claire's. And furthermore there is no reliable source showing that there are some filming for this series going, especially because of that creator of H2O series is currently filming other series http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0793291/news. MalikLove (talk) 14:00, 10 February 2011 (UTC)
Edit request for H2O Season 4 Information, 12 August 2011
|This edit request has been answered. Set the
Why did you locked up this page for the H2O Just Add Water Fans Unlocked the Page Dude So the Fans and I can re added stuff on H2o Just Add Water Page for Season 4 we been for long time to get a answer from the director so please unlocked this page
- You'll need to make an unprotection request at WP:RFPP. Feezo (send a signal | watch the sky) 19:39, 12 August 2011 (UTC)
- Im sorry if I put this the wrong place because im new Wikipedia and I was hoping someone stop erasing information of H2O Just Add Water Season 4
I been trying to ask this person unlock the H2o page and why did he locked the h2o page first with out the fans of h2o for asking and why did he delete the information of season 4 for h2o--CourCour 00:21, 13 August 2011 (UTC)CourCour
- I semi-protected the page because of persistent addition of unsourced material. Despite repeated removals and notices to not add unsourced statements, it continues to be added. At this point, any information on series 4 is speculation, and remains unproven. If you can provide evidence of new episodes being produced--a news article, an interview, whatever--leave a link here. And as Feezo said, making the request here is fine, but you have to include exactly what should be added, and a source for that new material. — Huntster(t @ c) 10:10, 13 August 2011 (UTC)
I'm sort of new to Wikipedia.I'm not agreeing,But there could be a 4th season,A movie and a Spinnoff.Definitely a Spinnoff. Well still you didnt have to locked the page at all and Cariba Heine annouces there is going to be season 4--CourCour 17:29, 13 August 2011 (UTC)CourCour
- And where, may I ask, did Ms. Heine announce this? On a twitter page? Facebook? Those pages are almost entirely fake, made by fans to impersonate the actresses. I've yet to see one that was actually real. Those types of sites aren't considered to be reliable sources, in any case. Until the information is released by a news site or other authoritative source, it won't be considered real. The series 4 rumours have been flying since series 3 was first announced. — Huntster (t @ c) 17:46, 13 August 2011 (UTC)
I got it from her Formspring account sometimes they need back up account just incase if they lose there password or they dont remember there account name at all, you can looked up Fanpop for the H2O Club and we have alot of information on season 4 --CourCour 22:46, 13 August 2011 (UTC)CourCour — Preceding unsigned comment added by Courcour (talk • contribs)
- I'm sorry that you've been led to believe that was an account by the real person, but that's very unlikely to be true. Regardless, Formspring is an unacceptable source for use on Wikipedia, since there's no way to verify that the contents are true. Any information on Fanpop or the H2O Club is pure speculation by its very nature, since it cannot be proven as coming from an authoritative source. Also, and I mean this as constructive criticism, not as an insult: please try to use punctuation and break your thoughts into complete sentences when writing comments, as that makes it much easier to understand what you are trying to say. — Huntster (t @ c) 08:17, 14 August 2011 (UTC)
- Emailing the director would not produce useful results. Emails cannot be used as sources on Wikipedia, since others cannot verify their contents. I'm sorry this is all so complicated, but that is how it must be, to maintain the integrity of the site. — Huntster (t @ c) 09:27, 14 August 2011 (UTC)
Alot of h2o fans are sending messages to the director for h2o season 4,you can send the director a message as well--CourCour 09:38, 14 August 2011 (UTC)CourCour — Preceding unsigned comment added by Courcour (talk • contribs) Please let there be season 4of h2o with the same cast before the spin off show--CourCour 22:44, 14 August 2011 (UTC)CourCour — Preceding unsigned comment added by Courcour (talk • contribs)
- Courcour, please don't use this page as a forum to speculate about the show. Keep all discussions focused on this article. — Huntster (t @ c) 23:41, 14 August 2011 (UTC)
Mako: Island of Secrets
An IP address is keeping removing the information about the spin-off, information supported by primary references and so absolutely true and not invented. If this person is reading, I hope he/she will stop it. Thanks. --Chiyako92 (talk) 12:46, 24 October 2011 (UTC)
- I've requested semi-protection. - SummerPhD (talk) 15:05, 24 October 2011 (UTC)
1940 Field Marshal Ceremony?
- I don't see where it was added to that article, but it would seem to be inappropriate as there is no link between the two. — Huntster (t @ c) 23:43, 24 June 2014 (UTC)
- My thoughts exactly. Since I created the article I receive notifications when it's linked to another article, and I received one who directed my here. Although I see in the history sections recent vandalism has occurred, so it's probably nothing. No worries. :) Jonas Vinther (talk) 14:32, 25 June 2014 (UTC)