|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Johnny Test article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|This is not a forum for general discussion about Johnny Test. Any such comments may be removed or refactored. Please limit discussion to improvement of this article. You may wish to ask factual questions about Johnny Test at the Reference desk, discuss relevant Wikipedia policy at the Village pump, or ask for help at the Help desk.|
- 1 Episode Guide
- 2 Characters
- 3 Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/List of one-time characters in Johnny Test
- 4 USA Premeir Date
- 5 Johnny Test on Disney Channel Russia?
- 6 Unprotect episode page
- 7 Edit semi-protected request
- 8 PLEASE?!!!
- 9 Usable stuff
- 10 Porkbelly is not in Canada.
- 11 Vandalism
- 12 Johnny grows kinder
- 13 Cancellation
- 14 Please incorporate negative critisism into the "Reception" page
- 15 Lack of Image
- 16 End date in infobox
- 17 2015
- 18 Semi-protection
Alot of episode descriptions are unecesarily wrong and spoilerific. They're supposed to be summaries not full blown explanations! I'll clean it up eventually if I have time, but if someone else would do it I would be very grateful. Flapjack727 (talk) 22:31, 6 February 2009 (UTC)
USA Premeir Date
- Wow, that's the worst thing ever asked. Of course not!
Johnny Test on Disney Channel Russia?
Unprotect episode page
Edit semi-protected request
- Not done This page is not protected. To request protection, please go to WP:RFPP. Note, however, that this article does not receive such an amount of vandalism as would normally warrant protection. Intelligentsium 16:53, 7 November 2010 (UTC)
Porkbelly is not in Canada.
I removed the statment regarding Porkbelly being in Canada as there is nothing verifying that Porkbelly is a Canadian city. Most the episodes suggest that the location is within the US. Such as Johnny Moustache where Bling Bling crosses boarder into Canada. Sarujo (talk) 18:03, 3 February 2011 (UTC)
- An Ontario flag can be seen outside of Johnny's school. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 22:38, 9 August 2011 (UTC)
Umm...just so everyone knows, this page has been severely vandalized in random areas. I'd fix it myself, but I just started watching Johnny Test myself but I don't know enough about the show to put down accurate information. Ashlyyn (talk) 19:54, 27 March 2011 (UTC)
Johnny grows kinder
Johnny is becoming a kinder and wiser person as time passes. This can be seen very clearly in the episode aired on December 5, 2011. Johnny gives up on getting the super-toy and instead gives all the money to helping the less fortunate. His sisters comment: "He knew he was crazy and brave, but we didn't know he was so sweet."
The most common catch-phrase in the show is: "To the lab!" Das Baz, aka Erudil 18:51, 6 December 2011 (UTC)
Please incorporate negative critisism into the "Reception" page
For a show that is almost universally panned like this show is, it seems really distorted for the only review on that section to be a positive one. At least a mention of how people do not like this show somewhere. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 01:18, 2 October 2014 (UTC)
- Hi, you say that it is universally panned, but I don't know from where you get that information as neither of the chief critical response aggregators, Rotten Tomatoes or Metacritic, corroborate this. That said, Wikipedia is run by volunteers. If you want to see a balanced section on critical reception, feel free to volunteer by finding a reliable source (not blogs or dopey fansites) that provides a contrary opinion. We typically don't care about the opinions of the general public, so comments from disgruntled basement-dwellers at IMDb, TV.com, etc. will be removed quickly. Remember that we are striving for a neutral point of view. If you're not sure how to included references, please see the video at Referencing for Beginners. Good luck. Cyphoidbomb (talk) 01:58, 2 October 2014 (UTC)
Lack of Image
End date in infobox
It is pretty obvious the show is over but it hasn't been a year yet since the last episode aired and without something from a reliable source, the network preferably we are supposed to leave "present" in the infobox. https://twitter.com/jatactor/status/614207327277871104 where James Arnold Taylor in his verified twitter in reply to "@JATactor Is there any chance of Season 7 of Johnny test coming out?" states "@asiancooldude unfortunately no there's no plans for it. But feel free to let the people at DHX Media know you want it." As a WP:SPS Taylor can give valid info about himself for use in wiki but we can't use info he gives about other things any credence. He also cannot, and did not, make an "official" announcement, just stated what he is aware of. Absent something well-referenced, we generally wait a year after no announcement to tag the end date. "present" there seems wrong so I just removed everything from that field. Geraldo Perez (talk) 16:23, 12 September 2015 (UTC)
- See also Template:Infobox television/doc#Attributes last_aired: "Only insert the last episode's date after it has happened. In some cases the fate of a program might be uncertain, for example if there are no announcements that a show has been renewed. If such a program has not aired a new episode in 12 months, "present" can be changed to the date the last episode aired" Geraldo Perez (talk) 14:00, 14 September 2015 (UTC)
"unfortunately no there's no plans for it. But feel free to let the people at DHX Media know you want it."https://twitter.com/jatactor/status/614207327277871104" So sorry, User:Geraldo Perez, I didn't realize YOU were the one producing the show. I wonder why you didn't tell the cast there was NO PLANS for a new season. You know, aside from the obvious. MarcoPolo250 (talk) 13:32, 19 September 2015 (UTC)MarcoPolo250
- @MarcoPolo250: No plans means no plans that he is aware of. Employees speak only for themselves and what they know and do not speak for their employer. We can't presume that employees are fully aware of everything under consideration by the network and studio. They may choose to keep him fully informed – or not, we don't know the details of their relationship. Geraldo Perez (talk) 14:05, 19 September 2015 (UTC)
- And clearly James Arnold Taylor isn't producing the show either. Actors aren't mouthpieces for network activities. It is problematic that people are using actors in this way. I recently saw someone asking a writer about the air date for some kids' series as if a writer has any direct knowledge of programming schedules, which is highly unlikely. It would make more sense to get the network president's statement or perhaps even the head of programming. Cyphoidbomb (talk) 15:09, 19 September 2015 (UTC)
I have noticed that this page has been subject to the same repeated edit done by multiple new users and IPs. I get the feeling someone is changing identities so as to edit war here. I have semi-protected the page until the 28th so as to prevent further disruption. My talk page is always open if anyone wishes to discuss this action. Chillum 14:17, 14 September 2015 (UTC)