||This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to this noticeboard.
If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.
- The following discussion is an archived discussion of the proposal. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. No further edits should be made to this section.
The result of the proposal was withdrawn. Tbhotch.™ Grammatically incorrect? Correct it! See terms and conditions. 05:49, 18 October 2013 (UTC) José Antonio Rodríguez (Mexican footballer) → José Antonio Rodríguez Romero – It is better to have the full name rather than the disambiguator, as in Javier Hernández Balcázar Tbhotch.™ Grammatically incorrect? Correct it! See terms and conditions. 00:50, 16 October 2013 (UTC)
- Comment - personally I'm not against use of maternal names as es.wp does, but I don't think es.wp has the same emphasis on WP:COMMONNAME as en.wp. Spanish press notices "El arquero José Antonio Rodríguez con la tranquilidad que le caracteriza.." show that the maternal name isn't used in copy. In ictu oculi (talk) 01:24, 16 October 2013 (UTC)
- It's true that two of the footballers on Javier Hernández dab are dabbed by addition of maternal surnames. If WP:ESMOS wasn't an empty building site we'd have a guideline. In ictu oculi (talk) 01:32, 16 October 2013 (UTC)
- Oppose Compare to WP:MIDDLES; adding a fuller form of a person's name for disambiguation is discouraged if it's not in line with WP:COMMONNAME. This person is referred to simply as José Antonio Rodríguez in usage. --BDD (talk) 17:17, 16 October 2013 (UTC)
- Note: This discussion has been included in WikiProject Football's list of association football-related page moves. --BDD (talk) 17:17, 16 October 2013 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of the proposal. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on this talk page. No further edits should be made to this section.