From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Thaddeus in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
|Meaning||"courageous heart" or "courageous" (Greek)
"one who praises" (Latin)
See hypocorisms for more
- Tadeu (ind. Tade) - Albanian
- Թադէոս ("Tateos"), Թադևոս ("Tadevos"), Թաթոս ("Tatos") - Armenian
- Tadeáš – Czech
- Thaddée – French
- თადეოზი (tadeozi) Georgian
- Thaddäus – German
- Tádé – Hungarian
- Tadáias (Biblical), Tadhg (given name) - Irish
- Taddeo – Italian
- Tadas – Lithuanian
- Thadhewoos – Malayalam
- Tadeusz – Polish
- Tadeu – Portuguese
- Фаддей ("Faddey") – Russian
- Тадеј (Tadej), Тадија (Tadija) – Serbian
- Tadej – Slovenian
- Tadeo – Spanish
- Tadewos – Ethiopian
- Other variations: Taddeus, Thaddeus, Tadeus
- Thaddaeus, usually identified as Jude the Apostle, one of the Twelve Apostles of Jesus
- Thaddeus of Edessa, one of the Seventy Disciples
- Thaddeus Bullard, American professional wrestler better known as Titus O'Neil
- Thaddeus Cahill, inventor of the telharmonium
- Thaddeus Grauer, Austrian art dealer
- Thaddeus B. Hurd, American architect and amateur historian
- Thad Jones (1923–1986), American jazz trumpeter and bandleader
- Thaddeus Kosciuszko, Polish general in the American Revolution.
- Thad Lewis (born 1987), American National Football League quarterback
- Thaddeus S. C. Lowe (1831–1913), American Civil War scientist and inventor
- Thad Luckinbill, American actor on the soap opera The Young and the Restless
- Thaddeus McCotter (born 1965), American politician
- Thaddeus Coleman Pound (1833–1914), Lieutenant Governor of Wisconsin and grandfather of Ezra Pound
- Thaddeus Stevens (1792–1868), leader of the Radical Republicans during the American Civil War and Reconstruction
- Thaddeus Young, American basketball player for the Minnesota Timberwolves
- General Thaddeus E. "Thunderbolt" Ross, Marvel comics character, mainly an antagonist of the Hulk.
- Doctor Thaddeus Bodog Sivana, DC comics character, an antagonist of Captain Marvel.
- Thad Castle, Blue Mountain State
- Tadzio, character in Death in Venice
- The given name of the "Chief" in the CONTROL spy agency in Get Smart
- "Thaddeus | meaning of Thaddeus | name Thaddeus". Thinkbabynames.com. Retrieved 2013-06-18.
- "Thaddeus (meaning and origin)". I-am-pregnant.com. Retrieved 2013-06-18.
- Mike Campbell. "Meaning, Origin and History of the Name Thaddeus". Behind the Name. Retrieved 2013-06-18.
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|