LNM Institute of Information Technology
|Motto||Excellence our motto, Discipline our way|
|Established||2003, became Deemed University in 2006|
|Director||Prof. S.S. Gokhale|
|Undergraduates||Annual intake 400|
|Location||Jaipur, Rajasthan, India|
|Colors||Sky blue, Sunset Orange & Red|
The LNM Institute of Information Technology (LNMIIT), is a deemed university[better source needed] located in Jaipur, India, on an 100-acre (40 ha) campus. The institute is a public-private partnership venture between the LNM foundation and the Government of Rajasthan and operates as an autonomous non-profit organization.
The Institute began in 2003 with a branch, Communication and Computer Engineering(CCE), in a temporary campus in Jaipur. Today, the institute operates out of its campus, about 10 km from the Jaipur-Agra Highway and 20 km from the heart of Jaipur City. The institute offers the following four disciplines:
- Communication and Computer Engineering (CCE)
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)
- Computer Science Engineering (CSE)
- Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering (MME)
- Mechanical Engineering (ME) : W.e.f July 2015
The Institute infrastructure includes partial on-campus housing, hostels for boys and girls, sports facilities, shopping complex, studio apartments & faculty housing, an open-air theater, lecture halls, labs, and LAN/WiFi connectivity.
During a dinner hosted for chief minister Ashok Gehlot, steel tycoon Lakshmi Mittal discussed plans to expand his Jaipur-based Lakshmi Niwas Mittal Institute of Information Technology (LNMIIT). It is considered among the better IT-schools and engineering colleges in India. As a deemed university, LNMIIT was jointly set up by the state government and the Lakshmi and Usha Mittal Foundation, as an autonomous non-profit organisation. Mittal was also the part of the meeting where the delegation discussed the proposed 2012 Jaipur convention for NRIs from the state. The London chapter of the foundation has volunteered to co-ordinate with NRIs across Europe for the 2012 convention. 
Admission and courses
Students who appear in either the Joint Entrance Examination Main conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education are eligible to apply for admission to the LNMIIT. The LNMIIT considers the JEE MAIN marks as well as the DASA mode(Foreign National/PIO/NRI) to offer admissions to the candidates.
LNMIIT offers direct admission to boys within top 10 ranks and girls within top 20 ranks in the senior secondary exam of the 12th class conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Rajasthan. Only students who have studied Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English in 12th class are considered for admission through this route.
A limited number of scholarships are available, based on JEE (Advanced) All India Over all Ranks.
The institute offers the following programs:
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- Master of Technology (M. Tech.)
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Applicable Mathematics
- B.Tech Honors M.Tech Dual Degree.(five year course)
- Praveen Patel, IES Officer, Govt. of India.
- Manu Yadav - Co-founder, ENuke Software (P) Limited
- Vidit Paliwal - Co-founder, BigStep Technologies (P) Limited
- Saurabh Gupta, Founder, Neutrino IT Technologies (P) Limited and Managing Director, ACORE Group, Dubai
- Utkarsh Jain - Director & Cofounder, Codescape Consultants (P) Limited
- Rohit Agarwal - Co-Founder, Noida Polymers
- Saket Modi, CoFounder & CEO, Lucideus (An Ethical Hacker)
- Dinesh Chaubey - CEO, Balaji Agro Coal Limited
- Vinay Puri - Founder & CEO, Webinova Inc.
LNMIIT, Students' Gymkhana : Presidents
- Krishna Teja(2009–10)
- Divyanshu Pandey(2010–11)
- Saurav Anand(March, 2011 - November 2011) and Venkatesh Viswanathan(December, 2011 - March, 2012)
- Vivek Jain(2012–13)
- Apoorv Purwar(2013–14)
- Sangram Gupta(2014–15)
- Ayush Dwivedi(2015–Present)\
Each year student elections are held for clubs and committees for food arrangements, interaction of the student community with the administration of the university, hostel facilities, and coordination of sports, technical and cultural activities.
The students are the chief participants in organizing festivals and celebrations with the institute's inter-college cultural and technical fest. Every major event is organized, handled and coordinated completely by students.
'Plinth' is the annual techno-management-literary festival of the institute. Plinth was held for the second time in January 2015. Festival organized by the science and technology council of the institute, focuses on spreading the technolicious environment across the country. The three day festival has a plethora of events. Starting with events in the categories of Robotics, Management, Coding, Quizzing, Astronomy and Literary. Apart from these, Plinth organized the first ever student industrial conclave of Rajasthan - Confab. Workshops, conferences by some of the most eminent speakers of the country were conducted. Ira Trivedi, Sam Pitroda, Aditi Oberoi, Lakshmi Rebecca, Akash Gautam etc. were some of the speakers. Plinth is emerging out to be one of the most sort after technical fests of this nation and it gives away lakhs of cash prizes.
'Vivacity' is the annual cultural-management fest which is held every year since 2007. The fest is organized by Students Committee and it attracts huge participation from students of various universities and colleges from throughout the nation who showcase their talent here. After the inaugural evening celebration, the 3 to 4 day fest consists of events from categories like dance, music, dramatics, literature, and lifestyle. Major events include Razzmatazz which is a group dance competition, Vogue which is a lifestyle event and Raddrock which has grown to be a major platform for metal and rock bands in North India. All the four nights in the fest have featured performances by various notable celebrities and bands. In its previous editions Vivacity has had performances by the likes of Javed Ali, Jal (band), Raeth (band), Euphoria, Dr. Kumar Vishwas, Toshi Sabri, Mohit Chauhan and many more. The 2015 edition of Vivacity also featured an EDM night Sunburn. Vivacity has grown to be the biggest cultural fest of Jaipur.
The 'Desportivos' is an annual national level sports-meet of LNMIIT which is held in November every year. Organized by the Sports committee, it attracts huge participation in sports from institutes within and outside the state. There are numerous clubs functioning in the institute, 'Quizzinga' or the LNMIIT Quiz club features among the top quizzing clubs in North India, and are the undefeated champions of Tata Crucible - The Business Quiz from Jaipur two times in a row.
The following committees function in the LNMIIT as on August 2010, as a part of the student gymkhana:
- Committee of Student and Hostel Affairs (COSHA)
- Cultural Committee
- Literary Committee
- Training & Placement Cell
- Science & Technology Committee
- Sports Committee
- Vivacity (annual cultural festival) Core Committee
- Plinth (annual technical management festival) Core Committee
As of April 2013:
- Counselling Cell (provides a platform to the students where they can be helped with their problems)
- Literary Committee (Club for Literary Enthusiasts. Blog :Cognisance)
- The Phoenix Club (Technical Club, Robotics, Human Computer Interaction and Instrumentation)
- The E-Cell (Entrepreneurship Cell)
- The Innovation Club (Innovation Club)
- The Movie club (film lovers club)
- The Cybros (The Computer Club)
- The LNMIIT Quiz Club ('Quizzinga')
- Innovation Club
- Dramatics Club
- Art n Craft Club
- (The Photography Club)
- The Fundoo club
- The Reading Club
- The Music club
- The Dance Club
- Nirog Club
- The Astronomy Club
- Karate Club
- Ghummakad Club
- Sankalp (like an NGO, a club for social causes)
- Nirog (a group to help people when they are sick or get hurt)
- "Deemed University". University Grants Commission. Retrieved April 10, 2010.
- "List of deemed universities". Wikipedia. Retrieved March 7, 2015.
- "FOUNDATION". lnmiit.ac.in. Retrieved March 7, 2015.
- "LN Mittal to expand LNMIIT by Rs 35 crore". The Economic Times. Retrieved August 30, 2010.
- "Mittal meets CM, may invest in state". The Times of India. Retrieved July 10, 2010.
- "Welcome To LNMIIT, Jaipur". LNMIIT. Retrieved July 10, 2010.
- "WELCOME TO UG ADMISSIONS". LNMIIT. Retrieved March 30, 2011.
- Mathur, Shivam. "Events • Vivacity 2015". vivacity.lnmiit.ac.in. Retrieved March 7, 2015.