Tinderbox (application software)
|Stable release||6.2 / 2015-04-16|
|Operating system||Mac OS, Mac OS X|
|Type||Content Management, Outliner, Personal information manager|
It is a tool for storing, arranging, exploring, and publishing data.
Its functions include storing and organizing notes, plans, and ideas, and sharing ideas through blogs.
It also offers functionality similar to that of outliner and spatial hypertext/mind mapping tools, in addition to knowledge management, database and agent(persistent search) tools.
Tinderbox is used for a wide variety of tasks:
- As a personal web publishing system, with good support for blog creation and management 
- Personal information management 
- Outlining and mind mapping 
- Concept mapping
- Note-taking 
- Plot and story construction and writing
- Creating hypertexts
- Minifinders: Multimedia to Organization Software, MacWorld, May 18, 2004. Archived May 28, 2005 at the Wayback Machine
- Interesting Software Update: Tinderbox How-To, Jerry’s Brain - James Fallows The Atlantic, 9 March 2015
- Tinderbox 1.2: multipurpose app sparks, stores, and shares ideas., MacWorld, September 1, 2003. Archived May 16, 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- Hurrah For Great Mac Software by Jeremy Wagstaff, The Wall Street Journal, October 16, 2003.
- Eastgate Tinderbox product page, August 16, 2007
- Mark Bernstein, "Composites, Construction, Hypertext", Proceedings of the fourteenth ACM conference on Hypertext and hypermedia, ACM, New York, 2001. pp. 122-123.
- See the Tinderbox manual
- Notes about Notes and Tinderbox Prototypes
- Review by Nathan Matias, SitePoint, 2004 February 27.
- Giles Foden, The Guardian, 2003 October 16.
- Deep Tinderbox, About This Particular Outliner, Ted Goranson
- The Best IA Tool You Never Heard Of[dead link], Sean Carton, ClickZ, 2002 October 7.
- Innovation Extreme Makeover[dead link], Robert Ouellette, Boxes and Arrows, 2004 June 21.
- Tinderboxing Engelbart Revisited, Gordon Meyer, Wet Behind the Years, 2003 May 29.
|This Mac OS and/or OS X software–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|