|Initial release||April 12, 2010|
|Platform||Web app, Chrome app|
Google Drawings is a free, web-based diagramming software developed by Google. It allows users to collaborate and work together in real time to create flowcharts, organisational charts, website wireframes, mind maps, concept maps, and other types of diagrams. Google Drawings is also available as a Chrome app that works offline, available from the Chrome Web Store. Google Drawings is hosted within Google Drive and all files created with the application are by default saved to Google Drive. It was originally introduced on April 12, 2010 as Google Docs drawings, a tool for making drawings in Google Docs.
Google Drawings allows multiple users to open and edit drawings simultaneously in real time. It contains a subset of the features in Google Slides but with different templates.[clarification needed] Users can insert images from the local hard drive or from the Web, as well as shapes, arrows, scribbles and text. Google Drawings has set of flow-chart symbols and other shapes that can be dragged and dropped into place. Users can move, resize and rotate objects, and use polylines and line connectors. It also allows for the editing of images, including cropping, applying masks and adding borders. Other features include laying out drawings precisely with alignment guides, snapping to grid, and auto-distribution. Drawings can be inserted into other Google documents, spreadsheets, or presentations. They can also be published online as images or downloaded in standard formats such as JPEG, SVG, PNG, or PDF.
- "Google Drawings application page". Chrome Web Store. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- "Introducing Google Docs drawings". Google Docs Blog. Google. 13 April 2010.
- Levee, Brian (25 March 2014). "Edit images right in Google Slides and Drawings". Google Drive Blog. Google. Archived from the original on 16 December 2014.
- "Creating Diagrams or Concept Maps with Google Docs in Google Drive". Pennsylvania State University Student Resources. Archived from the original on 20 May 2014. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- "About Google drawings". Google. Retrieved 26 March 2014.
- "Drawings - Drive Help". Google. Retrieved 27 March 2014.
- Anthony, Sebastion (18 August 2010). "Google Docs Drawing tool removes any reason to use MS Paint ever again". Archived from the original on 19 October 2014.
|This Google-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|