Tygwyn railway station
Tygwyn railway station has been "adopted" by the local community for maintenance and decoration.
|Managed by||Arriva Trains Wales|
|Number of platforms||1|
|Live arrivals/departures, station information and onward connections
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|Original company||Aberystwyth and Welsh Coast Railway|
|Post-grouping||Great Western Railway|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Tygwyn from Office of Rail and Road statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
|UK Railways portal|
Tygwyn railway station (Welsh: Tŷ-gwyn) is located at a level crossing on the A496 between Harlech and Talsarnau near the estuary of the Afon Dwyryd in Gwynedd, Wales. The name translates to English as "White house".
British Rail requested the permission of the Secretary of State for Transport to close Tygwyn and three other Cambrian Coast stations (namely Abererch, Llandecwyn and Tonfanau) during the mid-1990s. Their winter 1995/96 timetable featured only two northbound and three southbound trains Mondays to Saturdays, with a note that the service may be withdrawn before 1 June 1996. The closure plans were eventually dropped and the station remains open today with a much improved service (all but one northbound train is scheduled to call in the summer 2016 timetable.)
- Regional Railways Central: "Cambrian Coaster Train Times", September 1995
- Table 76 National Rail timetable, May 2016
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-508-7. OCLC 60251199.
- Jowett, Alan (March 1989). Jowett's Railway Atlas of Great Britain and Ireland: From Pre-Grouping to the Present Day (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-086-0. OCLC 22311137.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tygwyn railway station.|
- Train times and station information for Tygwyn railway station from National Rail
- RAILSCOT on Aberystwith and Welsh Coast Railway
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
|Arriva Trains Wales|
Line and station open
|Aberystwyth and Welsh Coast Railway
Line and station open
|This Wales railway station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|