Bath, United Kingdom
|Affiliations||University of Bath|
The School offers a range of courses including undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD, as well as executive education for individuals and organisations. The Bath MBA is offered as a one-year full-time programme or as a part-time Executive programme.
The school offers a range of degrees from undergraduate through to doctoral and post-experience programmes.
There are 11 undergraduate courses, ranging from Accounting and Finance to International Management, and a wide range of Master's courses, including Marketing and Finance with Banking.
The Bath MBA
The Bath MBA is an intensive programme designed for mature individuals with several years' relevant, postgraduate experience. The programme is available in both full-time and part-time, executive formats. The Bath MBA has been AMBA-accredited since 1976.
The school offers two research degrees: a PhD, and a specialist Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) in Higher Education Management.
The School currently ranks in the top 5 in the UK in the three main national undergraduate rankings (The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide, The Guardian University Guide 2024 and the Complete University Guide 2024). The Complete University Guide 2024 ranks the School 1st for Marketing, a position it's held since 2017.
In the latest UK government's Research Excellence Framework, 56% of the School's submissions met the 4* standard (the highest possible). According to the Times Higher Education's REF analysis, the School was placed 7th in the UK for business and management studies.
The School has over 100 teaching and research staff, with a support team of around 90 managerial and administrative staff. All academic faculty are members of a division and often a research centre.
- Accounting Finance & Law
- Marketing Business & Society
- Information, Decisions & Operations
- Strategy & Organisation
Research centres and networks
- Centre for Business, Organisations and Society
- Centre for Governance, Regulation and Industrial Strategy
- Centre for Healthcare Innovation and Improvement
- Centre for Research on Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Centre for Smart Warehousing and Logistics Systems
- Centre for Strategic Change and Leadership
- Future of Work
- Identities in Organisations research centre
- International Centre for Higher Education Management
- Justin King, CEO, Sainsbury's
- Bob Wigley, Chairman, Merrill Lynch International (Europe, Middle East and Africa)
- Athena Andreadis, musician
- Peter Harrison (businessman), CEO, Schroders
- Russell Senior, ex Pulp guitarist
- Terence Thomas, Baron Thomas of Macclesfield, CBE Former chairman, Northwest Development Agency (1999–2002) and former managing director of the Co-operative Bank
- Ash Atalla, television producer
- Nigel Healey, Vice Chancellor, Fiji National University
- James Shaw, New Zealand minister
- Sir Julian Horn-Smith, former COO of Vodafone
- Stewart Till, Chairman of United International Pictures and Millwall FC
- Stephen Kelly (businessman), former CEO, Sage Group
- "University of Bath School of Management Rankings and Accreditations". Retrieved 15 September 2021.
- "EQUIS Accredited Schools". European Foundation for Management Development. Retrieved 7 October 2008.
- "AMBA Accredited Schools". Associationof MBAs. Archived from the original on 11 October 2008. Retrieved 7 October 2008.
- "The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2024". Retrieved 15 September 2023.
- "The Guardian Good University Guide 2024". TheGuardian.com. Retrieved 12 September 2023.
- "Complete University Guide 2024". Retrieved 7 June 2023.
- "Complete University Guide 2024 Marketing league table". Retrieved 7 June 2023.
- "Research Excellence Framework 2021". Retrieved 16 June 2022.
- "REF 2021: Business and management studies". Retrieved 16 June 2022.