University of Tours
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Université de TOURS
The University of Tours (French: Université de Tours), till 18 December 2017 François Rabelais University of Tours (Université François-Rabelais de Tours), is a public university in Tours, France. The university was formerly named after the French writer François Rabelais, and was founded in 1969. As of July 2015 it is a member of the regional university association Leonardo da Vinci consolidated University.
The University of Tours was established as part of efforts to modernize and democratize higher education in France after the events of 1968. The university was created by grouping together a number of older educational institutions.
The university has seven campuses, distributed across the city of Tours:
- Emile Zola
The university comprises seven departments, as well as an engineering school and two technology institutes:
- Department of Arts and Humanities
- Center for Advanced Renaissance Studies (Centre d'Etudes Supérieures de la Renaissance)
- Department of Law, Economics and Social Sciences
- Department of Literature and Languages
- Department of Medicine
- Department of Sciences and Technology
- Department of Pharmacy
- School of Engineering (Ecole Polytechnique de l'université de Tours)
- Tours University Institute of Technology (Institut Universitaire de Technologie de Tours)
- Blois University Institute of Technology (Institut Universitaire de Technologie de Blois)
The university offers bachelor, master and doctorate degrees in line with the Bologna Process. It also provides Technological Diploma courses (diplômes universitaire de technologie) through the two University Institutes of Technology. Several other institutions operate within the framework of the university:
- École publique de journalisme de Tours, a semi-autonomous journalism school affiliated to the university.
- Centre hospitalier régional et universitaire de Tours (CHU de Tours), a grouping of six regional hospitals affiliated to the university that collaborate on health services and medical training.
- Institut européen d'histoire et des cultures de l'alimentation, a humanities and social sciences research center that studies the history of food cultures.
Research at the University is at the forefront in the social sciences and humanities in the study of the Renaissance through the Graduate Center of the Renaissance since 1956 and in knowledge of food heritage through a program ambitious research at the Institute of European history and culture of food.
The University of Tours is also distinguished in the field of materials for energy technology research with the Microelectronic at CERTEM in collaboration with ST Microelectronics in 1996.
The research also extends into the field of medical imaging and bio-medicine, oncology, and eminently in the study of autism at the University Hospital of Tours. Geo-science and environment with the study of insects at the Institute for Research on the biology of the insect (IRBI). Since 1969 the CESA, Planning Department today Polytech'Tours research in the field of cities, territories and societies is deemed to France. Finally the University of Tours works in the field of mathematical research through the Laboratory of Theoretical Physics and Mathematics.
- "Decree 2015-857 of 13 July 2015 on the statutes for the ComUE " Université confédérale Léonard de Vinci "". Retrieved 27 July 2015.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-02-24. Retrieved 2017-05-30. Cite uses deprecated parameter
|dead-url=(help)CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Notre fonctionnement".
- Duriaud, Jean-Luc. "Des formations reconnues par les professionnels".
- Dambrine, Florence. "Les formations de l'IUT".
- "L'EPJT - EPJT". epjt.fr.
- Bernard, CHU de Tours / Ackwa.fr / Sébastien. "Centre Hospitalier Régional Universitaire de Tours - Organisation du CHU de Tours". www.chu-tours.fr.
- "Qui sommes-nous ? - IEHCA". iehca.eu.
- "University François Rabelais, Tours Ranking - CWUR 2016". cwur.org.
- "Classement Licence Droit, top 10 2017-2018 licence Droit". www.meilleures-licences.com.
- "[PORTRAIT] Marie-Laure Augry, la passion du partage - Assises.journalisme.epjt.fr". assises.journalisme.epjt.fr.
- "Harry Roselmack ' A 20 ans, j'ai décroché mon DUT de journalisme à l'IUT de Tours'".
- "Citya : Administration de biens - Le parcours de Philippe Briand - Citya Immobilier". www.citya.com.
This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Official website
- Les Cahiers d’EMAM: Études sur le Monde Arabe et la Méditerranée ISSN 2102-6416, academic journal published by Équipe Monde arabe Méditerranée, CITERES, Université de Tours