User talk:Matt Adore
- 1 License tagging for Image:Image 007.jpg
- 2 Copyedit
- 3 Edit count
- 4 Your query
- 5 Emma Geller
- 6 Re:Friends Characters
- 7 Duplicate images uploaded
- 8 Replied...
- 9 Re: Gamey
- 10 Re: Prohibition
- 11 Replied
- 12 Disputed fair use rationale for Image:Dk boxy an star.jpg
- 13 EAMA Life Achievement Award
- 14 Flaming Page
- 15 Replied
- 16 Clarify
- 17 ArbCom elections are now open!
- 18 ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
License tagging for Image:Image 007.jpg
Thanks for uploading Image:Image 007.jpg. Wikipedia gets thousands of images uploaded every day, and in order to verify that the images can be legally used on Wikipedia, the source and copyright status must be indicated. Images need to have an image tag applied to the image description page indicating the copyright status of the image. This uniform and easy-to-understand method of indicating the license status allows potential re-users of the images to know what they are allowed to do with the images.
For more information on using images, see the following pages:
This is an automated notice by OrphanBot. If you need help on selecting a tag to use, or in adding the tag to the image description, feel free to post a message at Wikipedia:Media copyright questions. 13:06, 11 April 2007 (UTC)
Did you take the photograph yourself? Are you willing to release it under a free content license? ➪HiDrNick! 20:24, 11 April 2007 (UTC)
I think I will remove it, or at least take one that makes me look less scary!
Can you tell me how to resize the image I have uploaded at Daren King?
- I've resized it. You need to set the imagesize parameter in the Infobox template. You can find read the instructions at Template:Infobox_Writer.
Can you tell me how to mark an article as 'in progress'?
Thanks Dr Nick!
Mthastings25 13:06, 12 April 2007 (UTC)
I'm currently clicking on 'random article' looking for articles with poor spelling/grammar to correct - is there a better way of doing this? Mthastings25 20:15, 12 April 2007 (UTC)
- You may want to direct your attention to Category:All_articles_needing_copy_edit. I also understand that Auto Wiki Browser makes this kind of thing easier, but you have to have made over 500 edits to qualify to use it.
You can also take a look at some of these if you get bored.
Here are some tasks you can do:
- Wikify: Henry Mollicone, Groves robotics, Joe Smooth, Kerala Shastra Sahitya Parishad, I. Kathleen Hagen, Backlog...
- Cleanup: Spark-chamber detector, S.F.W., Pedro Rosa Nales, Smithsonian Environmental Research Center, Vossbarg, Backlog...
- Stubs: Novo mesto, Las Palmas (province), Columbiformes, Sportscaster, Diurnal animal, Aube, Tecmo, More...
- Verify: Afro-Asian, AP Comparative Government and Politics, Grebe, Airto Moreira, ARAMARK, Agueci Brothers, Backlog...
- Update: Case Western Reserve University, Awadia and Fadnia, Callejeros, Artena, Barquentine California, More...
- Neutrality: Adam Goldberg, A Toast to Men, Alan Chambers, American Steel, Abuses of Indulgences, Angoor (film), Backlog...
- Copyedit: LVS-86, Helambu, Framnæs shipyard, Jazmin, Kildare GAA, Lotus Ware, Index (search engine), More...
- Merge: Bacterial meningitis, Tabor (formation), Mk 19 40 mm grenade launcher, Fused multiply-add, L-carrier, Backlog...
- Style: Adam Mogg, Advanced Digital Broadcast, Advanced Host Monitor, Adventure Ocean, Abdul-Qadir Gilani, More...
- Expand: Plainfield Tornado, Climatology, Yamaha YFZ450, Fashion Police, Gerald Wiegert, X.500, More...
- Requests: Mexico national basketball team, Team Impul, Denmark and Norway, Observatoire des Pises, More...
- Mediation Cabal:
Cleanup backlogs - Review recent overhauls - Active fixup projects - Maintenance projects - Maintenance COTW: have bot-modified external links checked
Have fun, ➪HiDrNick! 20:23, 12 April 2007 (UTC)
Answered on my talk page. ➪HiDrNick! 23:45, 6 May 2007 (UTC)
Hello, I redirected Emma Geller to Emma Geller#Emma Geller-Green, because it is against the established policy to create pages related to minor characters. If you look at WP:FICT, you can see only major characters are entitled to their own article, while minor characters should be regrouped into one article. Feel free to add information to the following page Emma Geller#Emma Geller-Green. Thanks--Jackaranga 23:46, 6 May 2007 (UTC)
I would merge Ben (Friends) into List of recurring characters in Friends#Ben_Geller-Willick-Bunch, because on WP:FICT, it states that only primary characters are entitled to their own article, and only in the case that adding them to the main article (Friends) would make it too long. If you look on Friends it has a table with the main characters, and Ben is not in it, so he shouldn't be allowed to have his own page. The problem is that many people have edited Ben (Friends), now, and none thought to redirect it, because they did not read WP:FICT, or did not care about what it said. Redirecting it now will cause content to be lost, so what should be done is to copy the content across manually, and then redirect the page. In a nutshell the article Ben (Friends), has no reason to exist according to WP:FICT, but if you redirect it you will probably get into an argument, or edit war with the people who created the page, as seems to happen often with pages related to TV series.--Jackaranga 01:21, 7 May 2007 (UTC)
Duplicate images uploaded
Thanks for uploading Image:Zoltan toth.jpg. A machine-controlled robot account noticed that you also uploaded the same image under the name Image:Zoltan Toth.jpg. The copy called Image:Zoltan Toth.jpg has been marked for speedy deletion since it is redundant. If this sounds okay to you, there is no need for you to take any action.
This is an automated message- you have not upset or annoyed anyone. In the future, you may save yourself some confusion if you supply a meaningful file name and remember exactly which name you chose (file names are case sensitive, including the extension) so that you won't lose track of your uploads. For tips on good file naming, see Wikipedia's image use policy. If you have any questions about this notice, or feel that the deletion is inappropriate, please contact User:Staecker, who operates the robot account. Staeckerbot 13:02, 8 May 2007 (UTC)
- In nearly all cases, we do not allow copyrighted images of living people. For more information, please see our policy on unfree media. ShadowHalo 19:56, 8 May 2007 (UTC)
On my talk page. Cheers, ➪HiDrNick! 22:34, 8 May 2007 (UTC)
Hey there - yeah you have fixed it - thanks. I looked through the history and the problem was caused by this IP edit. The Myspace link they added was removed here by another IP but the other change they made wasn't fixed. Then, with all the vandalism following that point, everyone just reverted back to the partly fixed version. Unfortunately when there's a lot of vandalism occurring to an article, people can miss some of it when they are reverting. Thanks for fixing it up. Will (aka Wimt) 20:36, 19 May 2007 (UTC)
Cheers, ➪HiDrNick! 16:49, 2 June 2007 (UTC)
Disputed fair use rationale for Image:Dk boxy an star.jpg
Thanks for uploading Image:Dk boxy an star.jpg. However, there is a concern that the rationale you have provided for using this image under "fair use" may be invalid. Please read the instructions at Wikipedia:Non-free content carefully, then go to the image description page and clarify why you think the image qualifies for fair use. Using one of the templates at Wikipedia:Fair use rationale guideline is an easy way to ensure that your image is in compliance with Wikipedia policy, but remember that you must complete the template. Do not simply insert a blank template on an image page.
If it is determined that the image does not qualify under fair use, it will be deleted within a couple of days according to our criteria for speedy deletion. If you have any questions please ask them at the media copyright questions page. Thank you.BetacommandBot 03:16, 26 October 2007 (UTC)
EAMA Life Achievement Award
This is an automated message from CorenSearchBot. I have performed a web search with the contents of Flaming Page, and it appears to include a substantial copy of http://www.canadianhorseracinghalloffame.com/thoroughbred/1980/Flaming_Page.asp. For legal reasons, we cannot accept copyrighted text or images borrowed from other web sites or printed material; such additions will be deleted. You may use external websites as a source of information, but not as a source of sentences.
This message was placed automatically, and it is possible that the bot is confused and found similarity where none actually exists. If that is the case, you can remove the tag from the article and it would be appreciated if you could drop a note on the maintainer's talk page. CorenSearchBot (talk) 21:27, 29 December 2007 (UTC)
Heyo. I do not understand the message either. :) Cheers, ➪HiDrNick! 03:21, 31 December 2007 (UTC)
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 16:16, 23 November 2015 (UTC)