Thank you for restoring talk page access. I am ready to go forward now. I can answer questions in email. Please use the email I sent my first request to a few weeks ago rather than the email of this account, which I no longer have access to.
I believe this is a coincidence; I wasnt even aware of it until a few minutes ago.
I look forward to talking again soon.
- Thank you. Now that this is confirmed, I'm going to restore the original block settings. You should receive an email soon (probably tomorrow). By the way, you're right that the other editor you linked above is a coincidence; its sockmaster is known. Opabinia regalis (talk) 08:21, 1 June 2017 (UTC)
Unbanned by the Arbitration Committee
The Arbitration Committee has resolved that:
- Opabinia regalis, Ks0stm, Kelapstick, Callanecc, Casliber, DGG, Newyorkbrad
- Mkdw, Doug Weller, Drmies, Kirill Lokshin
- Not voting
- Keliana, Euryalus
- OK thank you. I am glad that people have decided to let me back in, and I hope those who voted oppose will be comfortable with me here as well. Anyone, feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.
- As I said privately, I dont have any big plans, so Im glad Im out of the spotlight and was able to come back quietly. My status as a previously banned user won't shame me out of participating in politics, but I plan to focus entirely on content editing for the foreseeable future, and even that at a slow trickle rather than the flood of edits I produced at the height of my editing career around 2010.
- Again thank you all for hearing me out, and I'm glad to be back. —— 07:54, 23 August 2017 (UTC)
I will be moving soon and will have Internet access only through my phone for the meantime. I wanted to get off a spurt of edits before I left but will not likely be editing much, if at all, for the immediate future because of the difficulty of access. Even so, I will check my talkpage frequently and will see anything posted here. Please let me know if you have any questions about the parasite edits or anything else. —— 03:04, 8 October 2017 (UTC)
- It's great that you're contributing to this major and seriously under-cited article. However, adding more uncited material is making this worse - please remember to provide a citation to a reliable source at the same time as any additional claim. Many thanks, Chiswick Chap (talk) 08:34, 8 October 2017 (UTC)
- @Chiswick Chap: I apologize for the sloppy editing. Still, the part of the article that I expanded most, the "six strategies" section, was all verifiable through the paper that was already linked there, although I admit I even got confused myself at one point and tried to add it because I had lost track of where it was linked from. I agree that what you've done is better. I have one quibble, though: why does the Greenland shark parasite not belong where I had it? —— 03:32, 9 October 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks. The Greenland parasite story was commented out because it was not about host defences; it was also uncited, of course. I noted at the time that it belonged somewhere else. If you can find a source for it then it should be unhidden and put somewhere appropriate, I guess a section about the evolution of mutualism from parasitism red in tooth and claw: it can't stay where it is. At the moment the article does contain mentions of evolution, but in both directions (redder as well as more Lynn Margulis). There's clearly room for a proper discussion in the article. All the best, Chiswick Chap (talk) 06:12, 9 October 2017 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Parasitism, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Micropredator (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
A Barnstar, a Trout and an Angler Fish - it's all about sex
Hi there. If there were a WP:Barnstar for bringing a totally fascinating and amazing fact to the attention of another editor (i.e. me), I would give you one for your new page on Sexual parasitism. (I never knew that about male angler fish, and it certainly puts my marriage into a new perspective.) But I think this little trout (here goes. . . )
You've been whacked with a wet trout.Don't take this too seriously. Someone just wants to let you know you did something silly.
. . . might be far more appropriate for you!
I'm about to blank the page you created and redirect it back to Fish_reproduction#Sexual_parasitism, and then make a few minor edits to that section.
I really am at a bit of a loss: you're an experienced editor, a one-time admin, and have an interest in parasitology by the look of things. So why copy the entire contents of a section of an existing article and make a new page out of it without adding any significant new content? This is a newbie error, and really should be stuff to work on your WP:Sandbox if you plan to expand it. Maybe I'm missing something, in which case, do let me know. Regards from the UK, Nick Moyes (talk) 23:33, 8 October 2017 (UTC)
A page you started (Sexual parasitism) has been reviewed!
Thanks for creating Sexual parasitism, Soap!
Wikipedia editor Nick Moyes just reviewed your page, and wrote this note for you:
As per my comment on your talk page, I have deleted the entire contents of this article and left it as a WP:REDIRECT back to the article from which you had copy/pasted the entire contents.
To reply, leave a comment on Nick Moyes's talk page.
Learn more about page curation.
Update on self status
Looking at the high price of Internet where I live now I think I'll be holding off on installing a new connection for the indefinite future and trying to do as much as possible through the phone connection. So I wont be editing much. I will pick up where I left off as soon as I do get a more traditional Internet connection, though. —— 23:08, 15 October 2017 (UTC)
- After a very frustrating few weeks, I may have finally found the data leak that was preventing me from using my mobile hotspot normally and, if so, I should be able to resume normal editing (though carefully avoiding large downloads). —— 03:22, 21 November 2017 (UTC)
Hi Soap. Don't worry about your revert. Fair-use logos seem to be progressively replaced by svg versions on here but the current file is good enough as it is. Cloudbound (talk) 21:25, 2 January 2018 (UTC)