||Don't worry about making an article perfect. Just make it better.
(Motto of the Day, July 30, 2007)
This is the talk page for Miniapolis, who is proud to be a Wikipedia editor. Although I can be reached by email, I prefer keeping discussions on-wiki as much as possible. Due to time constraints
, I no longer accept direct copyedit requests
; please list articles requiring copyediting for GAN
and the like on the Guild of Copy Editors request page
(and consider pitching in with the GOCE, which can always use more help!). Since I take the occasional wikibreak, feel free to undo any administrative action I've taken as you see fit.
The Signpost: 25 September 2017
- Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
I have requested a copy edit from the Guild of Copy Editors, but am also eager to nominate it for GA status. Can I do both? It's probably a good idea to wait until the copy edit, but that may be a long time waiting. Other than an image situation needing to be dealt with, the article looks ready to be reviewed against the criteria. Cognissonance (talk) 01:25, 25 September 2017 (UTC)
- Because of the copyright problem with the image, I wouldn't nominate the article for GA at the moment; however, you can upload the image to the English Wikipedia with a fair-use rationale for use in this article. It looks like it will be deleted at Commons because of that noncommercial license, which sounds good but isn't for Commons :-). I haven't looked at the prose, and the GA bar is relatively low. If you're getting impatient, solve the image problem and if you think the prose is good enough without a copyedit ... Good luck and all the best, Miniapolis 01:38, 25 September 2017 (UTC)
News and updates for administrators from the past month (September 2017).
- Boing! said Zebedee • Ansh666 • Ad Orientem
- Tonywalton • AmiDaniel • Silence • BanyanTree • Magioladitis • Vanamonde93 • Mr.Z-man • Jdavidb • Jakec • Ram-Man • Yelyos • Kurt Shaped Box
Guideline and policy news
- Community consultation on the 2017 candidates for CheckUser and Oversight has concluded. The Arbitration Committee will appoint successful candidates by October 11.
- A request for comment is open regarding the structure, rules, and procedures of the December 2017 Arbitration Committee election, and how to resolve any issues not covered by existing rules.
When I undid a revision by that user I only reverted a change in the cast section and did not change anything entirely. Plus, I manually changed the reception part which was some hate spewing on the film. Re-check as I was not the one who reverted anything other than this. Please double check before accusing me of reverting your "hard work because I did not do that. I hope it's clear now.Krish | Talk 17:17, 4 October 2017 (UTC)
- Given your combative tone, I didn't think you saw my apology on WP:GOCE/REQ. WP:VOLUNTEER, and making demands of volunteers won't get you what you want. Miniapolis 18:48, 4 October 2017 (UTC)
- So I guess you are not going to copyedit those two "top" articles despite being wrong in your accusations? Those articles have been up there since two months, yet nobody is ready to touch them. Wow!Krish | Talk 18:49, 5 October 2017 (UTC)
- Despite being very busy IRL, I'm working on The Bat (play). Frankly, I don't like your attitude and (judging by your block log) may not be alone in this. Again, WP:VOLUNTEER. Miniapolis 22:50, 5 October 2017 (UTC)
- I just wanted to clarify things up. You assumed that I had reverted your edits but the truth was I never reverted your edits on that article. That's it.Krish | Talk 17:56, 7 October 2017 (UTC)
- Understood. Unless someone else has gotten to it, I'll resume the Gunday copyedit when I have time. Sorry for the misunderstanding and all the best, Miniapolis 16:13, 9 October 2017 (UTC)
Help design a new feature to stop harassing emails
The Anti-Harassment Tools team plans to start develop of a new feature to allow users to restrict emails from new accounts. This feature will allow an individual user to stop harassing emails from coming through the Special:EmailUser system from abusive sockpuppeting accounts.
We’re inviting you to join the discussion because you voted or commented in the 2016 Community Wishlist discussion or IdeaLab discussion about letting users restrict who can send them email.
You can leave comments on this discussion page or send an email to the Anti-Harassment Tools team.
It is important to hear from a broad range of people who are interested in the design of the tool, so we hope you join the discussion.
For the Anti-Harassment Tools team SPoore (WMF), Community Advocate, Community health initiative (talk) 21:48, 11 October 2017 (UTC)
Please let us know if you wish to opt-out of all massmessage mailings from the Anti-harassment tools team.
Thank you for your help on the Barbarella article! It's looking much better now. You and the rest of the copy-editing team always do a good job. Thanks again! Andrzejbanas (talk) 16:30, 12 October 2017 (UTC)
- Glad to help, since I'm old enough to remember the film :-). Good luck and all the best, Miniapolis 16:58, 12 October 2017 (UTC)
The Signpost: 23 October 2017