Vinayaka Missions University
|Motto||Vision, Wisdom, Unity|
|Vice-Chancellor||V. R. Rajendran|
|Location||Salem, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Campus||Rural and urban|
|Affiliations||UGC,Ministry of HRD, DEC,AICTE-UGC-DEC JOINT COMMITTEE and NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council),|
Vinayaka Missions University (VMU) formerly Vinayaka Mission's Research Foundation is a higher education institution based in Salem, Tamil Nadu, India. In the year 2001 the "University" status was conferred on Vinayaka Missions by The Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India, with the recommendations of the UGC (Established Under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956) as an acknowledgement of its excellence, satisfaction of the highest level of academic standards and best infrastructural facilities provided to achieve preeminence in education and by virtue of this recognition Vinayaka Missions trascended to becoming Vinayaka Mission‘s University (VMU) as the 48th University in India.
Vinayaka Missions had its inception in the year 1981 with the establishment of the Thirumuruga Kirupananda Variyar Thavathiru Sundara Swamigal (TKVTSS) Medical Educational and Charitable Trust. In 1982, the founder-chairman A. Shanmugasundaram instituted the Vinayaka Mission‛s College of Pharmacy in Salem, the pioneer institution of Vinayaka Missions.
Vinayaka Missions University runs research in the fields of Medicine, Dentistry, Paramedical Sciences, Homeopathy Medicine, Engineering, Technical and Management Sciences, Humanities, and Arts and Sciences.
Vinayaka Mission's Kirupananda Variyar Engineering College
Vinayaka Mission's Kirupananda Variyar Engineering College is an ISO 9001-2000 certified institution located at Salem. The college is started in the year of 1987 under University of Madras, after that it was affiliated to Periyar University from 1998 to 2001 and then affiliated to Anna University from 2002 to 2004 respectively. In the year 2004, it became a constituent college of Vinayaka Missions University, Salem, established by UGC under section 3 of the UGC act, 1956. Its study programs are accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA), established by AICTE under section 10(u) of AICTE act, 1994. It was also accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with 'B' grade.
All the departments consists of Undergraduates, Postgraduates & Research Programs.
The Directorate of Distance Education commenced its programmes in 2005 with the objective of widening access to higher for diversified learners at national and global levels. Distance Education Council of IGNOU has accorded post-facto recognition of all its distance education courses in 2008. All distance education programs of Vinayaka Missions University have been accorded recognition and approval by UGC DEC AICTE tripatriate committee.
- Vinayaka Mission's Kirupananda Variyar Medical College & Hospitals - Salem
- Vinayaka Mission's Medical College & Hospitals - Karaikal
- Aarupadai Veedu Medical College & Hospitals - Pondicherry
- Vinayaka Mission's Sankarachariyar Dental College - Salem
- Vinayaka Mission's Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital - Salem
- Vinayaka Mission's Kirupananda Variyar Engineering College - Salem
- Aarupadai Veedu Institute of Technology - Chennai
- Vinayaka Mission's College of Pharmacy - Salem
- Vinayaka Mission's College of Physiotherapy - Salem
- Vinayaka Mission's Kirupananda Variyar Arts and Science College - Salem
- Vinayaka Mission's Annapoorana College of Nursing - Salem
- Vinayaka Mission's College of Nursing - Karaikal
- Vinayaka Mission's College of Nursing - Pondicherry
Vinayaka Missions University has a strong commitment to promoting social justice and progress through honoring students and teachers within the university, and making exemplar role models honorary members of the Vinayaka Missions University alumni.
On July 6, 2008, Vinayaka Missions University chancellor Dr. A. Shanmuga Sundaram conferred an honorary doctorate in philosophy on MIC deputy president Datuk Seri G. Palanivel for his contribution to politics and the Indian community in Malaysia. Also present was Malaysian consul-general in Chennai, Anuar Kasman. The former Deputy Women, Family and Community Development Minister is the first Malaysian to receive the doctorate from the Vinayaka Missions University at its inaugural convocation at its campus in Salem, India.
- "UGC Act-1956" (PDF). mhrd.gov.in/. Secretary, University Grants Commission. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
- [.https://docs.google.com/gview?url=http://www.ignou.ac.in/upload/ignoudocs/DEC/Post%20Facto%20Recognition.doc&embedded=true ":::Distance Education Council - IGNOU;University Grants Commission :::"] Check
|url=value (help). http://www.ignou.ac.in/ignou/dec/recognition/postfactolist. Retrieved 15 June 2013. External link in
- [.http://www.ignou.ac.in/upload/Recogniton%20Status%20of%20SOUs%20&%20DEIs.pdf ":::UGC AICTE DEC Tripatriate Committee"] Check
|url=value (help) (PDF). Retrieved 15 June 2013.
- "Honorary doctorate for Palanivel". The Star. 12 July 2008. Retrieved 8 August 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vinayaka Missions University.|