|Broadcast area||the Americas, the Caribbean, Europe and Africa|
|Branding||Radio Miami International|
|First air date||June 14, 1994|
|Callsign meaning||Radio Miami International|
|Owner||Radio Miami International, Inc.|
WRMI (Radio Miami International) is a shortwave radio station broadcasting from Okeechobee, Florida, United States. WRMI is a commercial radio station that sells airtime to businesses and organizations. It also relays several international news stations including Radio Ukraine International, Radio Slovakia International, Radio Tirana, Radio France International, Famagusta Gazette Radio, Radio Prague, the Italian Broadcasting Corporation, NHK World Radio Japan, and Radiodifusión Argentina al Exterior, all of which would otherwise be difficult to receive in the Western Hemisphere. However the bulk of its schedule is made up of The Overcomer Ministry with Brother Stair and other religious programs. It also airs several original and syndicated programs. According to its 1996 station record from the Federal Communications Commission, WRMI's broadcast target zones were the Caribbean, Central America and South America,  In particular, much of its programming was targeted towards Cuba. However, as of 2016, WRMI had 23 antennas targeting many zones worldwide. Its broadcasts are also easily received in the United States and Canada. WRMI airs programs in English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, and Slovak.
The station began broadcasting on June 14, 1994 with a 50,000-watt transmitter and two antennas located near Miami, Florida. In December 2013, they purchased the WYFR transmission complex from Family Radio in Okeechobee, Florida. This new facility includes a dozen 100,000-watt transmitters plus two 50,000-watt transmitters and several antennas to cover all parts of the world.
WRMI currently broadcasts on the following frequencies
- 7.78MHz @ 44° to Eastern North America, Europe, the Middle East and North Africa
- 5.985MHz @ 222° to Central America, Mexico and the Caribbean
- 15.77MHz @ 44° to Eastern North America, Europe, the Middle East and North Africa
- 11.53MHz @ 160° to Latin America
- 9.455MHz @ 285° to Mexico and Western North America
- 9.395MHz @ 355° to Eastern North America
- 21.525MHz @ 87° to Africa
- 11.825MHz @ 355° to Eastern North America
- 11.58MHz @ 44° to Eastern North America, Europe, the Middle East and North Africa
- 9.955MHz @ 160° to Latin America
- 7.57MHz @ 315° to Western North America
- 5.85MHz @ 315° to Western North America
- 7.73MHz @ 285° to Mexico and Western North America
- 5.95MHz @ 181° to Cuba, the Caribbean and Central America
- English Schedule to the Americas Primetime Shortwave
- Schedule WRMI official site
- WRMI Schedule for 9.955 MHz WRMI official site
- "WRMI Station record 1996 to 2003". Federal Communications Commission. November 1996.
- "WRMI – file IHF-RWL-20120627-00005". Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved 21 February 2016.
- "International High Frequency – WYFR to WRMI". Federal Communications Commission. April 10, 2015.
- "WRMI A17". WRMI A17 Frequencies. WRMI. Retrieved 1 May 2017.
- WRMI official Web site
- WRMI transmission schedules
- 10th Anniversary of WRMI article in Wavescan 494, June 20, 2004
|This article about a radio station in Florida is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about Florida media is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|