Walking in Space is a 1969 studio album by Quincy Jones. The album was recorded for A&M who released the album with a cover photo of Jones taken by Pete Turner. Vocalist Valerie Simpson is featured on the title track, an arrangement of a song from the hit rock musical Hair. "Dead End" is also from Hair and "Killer Joe" features Ray Brown on bass and Grady Tate on drums.
- "Dead End" (Galt MacDermot, James Rado, Gerome Ragni) – 4:05
- "Walking in Space" (MacDermot, Rado, Ragni) – 12:06 as Hair (Original Broadway Cast Recording)
- "Killer Joe" (Benny Golson) – 5:12
- "Love and Peace" (Arthur Adams) – 5:48
- "I Never Told You" (Arthur Hamilton, Johnny Mandel) – 4:18
- "Oh Happy Day" (Edwin Hawkins) – 3:37
- Quincy Jones - conductor, arranger
- Freddie Hubbard, Lloyd Michaels, Dick Williams, John Frosk, Marvin Stamm, Snooky Young – trumpet
- Jimmy Cleveland, J. J. Johnson, Alan Raph, Tony Studd, Norman Pride, Kai Winding – trombone
- Joel Kaye, Roland Kirk, Hubert Laws, Jerome Richardson – reeds
- Paul Griffin - piano
- Eric Gale - electric guitar
- Ray Brown - double bass
- Grady Tate - drums
- Chuck Rainey - bass on "Love and Peace"
- Bob James - electric piano
- Hubert Laws - flute, tenor sax
- Toots Thielemans - guitar, harmonica
- Bernard Purdie - drums
- Hilda Harris - vocals
- Marilyn Jackson - vocals
- Valerie Simpson - vocal solo on "Walking in Space"
- Maretha Stewart - vocals