|This WikiProject is believed to be inactive.
If you are not currently a member of the project, please consider joining it to help. This status may be changed if activity resumes, or if this banner has been changed in error.
Scope: This WikiProject is a group of people who are working on organizing, improving and expanding Wikipedia's coverage of topics that relate to oligochaetes, both terrestrial and aquatic, and living and fossil. Everyone is welcome to join this endeavor.
This project was started on 19 May, 2014.
If you are willing to work on this project, please add your name at the bottom of this list and any relevant information:
- Esoxid - I have done identification work with microdrile oligochates, both freshwater and tidal fresh. Esoxidtalk•contribs 21:57, 19 May 2014 (UTC)
- Nick Henshue- Oligochaete Annelid ecology, invasive earthworms in North America, and the Earthworm Genome ProjectNjh5880 (talk) 19:37, 10 November 2016 (UTC)
This WikiProject is an offshoot of the WikiProject Tree of Life
Descendant Wikiprojects: No descendant WikiProjects have been defined.
Criteria for inclusion
Names and titles
The following items are desirable for articles of all levels. Text should flow in continuous prose as much as possible.
- Classification - This is usually made clear using the taxobox information.
- Description (physical, behavioral) - what makes this (group of) creature(s) different from its close relatives?
- Ecology, including range and habitat - where does it live? Distribution maps are helpful. Also what does it eat? What animals prey on it? Does it have parasites?
- Cultural, religious, economic, importance - what impact has it had on humans? Include here use for experimental scientific purposes.
Task list and progress
- Decide which taxonomic system will work for both living and fossil families
- Decide on what are the one or two or three most reliable sources we should use for taxonomy and nomenclature
- Create article for each of the highest-level taxa
- Create article for each taxonomic family
- Ensure all family articles are taxonomically consistent
- Ensure all articles between the Order and Family rank are taxonomically consistent
- Ensure that all articles between the rank of family and genus rank are taxonomically consistent
- Create articles for all species and for needed genera
- Create links for all species articles within the appropriate articles
Taxonomy and references
Use a taxobox
- Main tool page: toolserver.org