From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A winged victory is a female winged figure representing a classical goddess of victory (Nike, Victoria, Bellona), or, especially if in a pair, a general personification of victory. Winged victory may also refer to:
- The Greek goddess Nike (mythology)
- Her Roman equivalent, Victoria (mythology)
- Winged Victory of Samothrace, a well known sculpture of the Greek goddess Nike in the Louvre Museum.
- Winged Victory of Samothrace, Kunsthistorisches Museum, a second Nike, a Roman copy, found in Samothrace by a team of Austrian archaeologists
- Winged Victory of Samothrace, museum of Samothrace, a third Nike, found in Samothrace from Phyllis Williams Lehmann in 1949
- Winged Victory of Brescia, a Greek statue of 3rd century BC, found in Brescia in 1826
- Winged Victory (play), a World War II-era play by Moss Hart which debuted in 1943
- Winged Victory (film), a 1944 film by George Cukor based on the play
- Winged Victory (novel), a semi-autobiographical novel by Victor Maslin Yeates
- Winged Victory (comics), a superheroine in the Astro City comic book series
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Winged victory.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.