|Yalta City Municipality
Ялтинский городской совет
Ялтинська міська рада
Yalta şeer şurası
Location within Crimea
|• Total||283 km2 (109 sq mi)|
|• Density||500/km2 (1,300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||MSK (UTC+3)|
|Dialing code||+380-654 ¹|
|(1) exсept for the town of Nikita - calling code +380-6560|
Yalta City Municipality (Russian: Я́лтинский городско́й сове́т; Ukrainian: Я́лтинська міська́ ра́да; Crimean Tatar: Yalta şeer şurası), officially "the territory governed by the Yalta city council", also known as Greater Yalta (Russian: Большая Ялта) is one of the 25 regions of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea, a territory recognized by a majority of countries as part of Ukraine and incorporated by Russia as the Republic of Crimea.
It is a resort region, located at the southern shore of Crimea – one of the most famous recreational territories of the former Soviet Union. Population: 141,781 (2013 est.).
Administrative and municipal status
Within the framework of administrative divisions of Russia, Yalta is, together with a number of urban and rural localities, incorporated separately as the town of republican significance of Yalta—an administrative unit with the status equal to that of the districts. As a municipal division, the town of republican significance of Yalta is incorporated as Yalta Urban Okrug.
Within the framework of administrative divisions of Ukraine, Yalta is incorporated as the town of republican significance of Yalta. Its governing body, Yalta miskrada (Yalta city council) was governing the territory what is described here as Yalta Urban Okrug.
Places of interest
- Nikitsky Botanical Garden (Nikita)
- International children's centre of Artek (Gurzuf)
- Livadia Palace (Livadiya)
- Vorontsov Palace (Alupka)
- This place is located on the Crimean Peninsula, most of which is the subject of a territorial dispute between Russia and Ukraine. According to the political division of Russia, located on the peninsula are the federal subjects of the Russian Federation (the Republic of Crimea and the federal city of Sevastopol). According to the administrative-territorial division of Ukraine, located on the peninsula are the Ukrainian divisions (the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and the city with special status of Sevastopol).
- "Чисельність наявного населення України (Actual population of Ukraine)" (in Ukrainian). State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Retrieved 21 January 2015.
- Law of the Republic of Crimea #35-ZRK
- Law of the Republic of Crimea #15-ZRK
||Bakhchisaray Raion||Bakhchisaray Raion||Alushta|
|Balaklava Raion (Sevastopol)
|(Black Sea)||(Black Sea)||(Black Sea)|