Yoko shiho gatame
|Yoko shiho gatame|
|Rōmaji||Yoko shiho gatame|
|English||Side four quarter hold|
- Roll Away Yoko-Shiho-Gatame Escape
- Roll Inward (Turn On Knees) Yoko-Shiho-Gatame Escape
- Sankaku/Armbar Yoko-Shiho-Gatame Escape
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)
During Yasuhiro Yamashita’s winning streak of 203 consecutive victories in international competition in the 1970s and 1980s, yoko shiho gatame was his highest scoring single technique, securing victory in 45 of those contests.
Similar techniques, variants, and aliases
- Side four quarter hold
- Side lock pin
- Side locking four-corner hold
- Second variation
- Kyuzo Mifune also demonstrates a second variation of Yoko-Shiho-Gatame in the video, The Essence Of Judo, performed from a Stacking Guard Pass.
- Modified Yoko-Shiho-Gatame
- Mune Gatame
- Mune Atama Gatame
- Kata Osae Gatame
- Wicks, Lance. "The Story of Yasuhiro Yamashita", judoinfo.com. Retrieved on 3 May 2019.