This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Needs organization, source quality check, etc. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Zeynab Jalalian (Zeynep Celaliyan, Persian: زينب جلاليان; born 1982 in Maku), is a Kurdish Iranian, often described as a political activist. She has been convicted a mohareb and sentenced to death by an Islamic Revolutionary Court for allegedly being a member of the Kurdish militant group PJAK, which she denies. Jalalian's sentence was later reduced to life imprisonment.
When Jalalian was ten years old, she ran away from home because her parents would not allow her to go to school.
According to her family, she was arrested in July 2007 in the Kurdish city of Kermanshah. She was then transferred to the detention center of the Intelligence Ministry.
On March 16, 2008, Zeinab Jalalian was arrested by intelligence services on the Kermanshah-Sanandaj road. Her trial before the Court of First Instance took place in December 2008; after conducting a summary trial, the Court found Ms. Jalalian guilty and sentenced her to death, on charges of being a member of the Party of Free Life of Kurdistan (PJAK), a banned Kurdish group: based on her alleged membership of that Kurdistan political party, she was accused of fighting God (mohareb) and given the death penalty.
(The Revolution court in Kermanshah conducted a brief trial, without due diligence and proper legal representation, lasting only a few minutes. Jalalian was ill, due to prison conditions and torture. She did not have any lawyer to defend her. The Court told her: “You are a God's enemy and you have to be hanged very soon”.)
Jalalian has denied the charges. Her death sentence was confirmed by the Iranian Supreme Court in November 2009.
On June 28, 2010, her family stated that in her last phone call, "which was a month ago, Zeynab has mentioned that she is held in Evin Prison”. Since that time, her family or her lawyers had not been able to receive any further information, the authorities responding that her file had been lost.
In 2010, after being incarcerated into section 209 of the Evin prison for five months, and after a meeting with Tehran Public Prosecutor, Jalalian was transferred back to Kermanshah prison. The Supreme Court of Iran has reduced Jalalian's sentence to life imprisonment. In December 2011, Ms. Jalalian contacted her lawyer to inform him that, according to prison authorities, her sentence had been reduced to life imprisonment. According to the Committee of Human Rights Reporters, Jalalian’s lawyer, Dr. Mohamad Sharif declared in December 2011: “After a long period of follow-up with the Judicial authorities and not being able to receive answers, the Supreme Court overturned the death sentence and changed it to life in prison". In Kermanshah prison, Zeynab Jalalian was verbally informed by judicial authorities that her death sentence had been commuted to imprisonment.
09 Jun 2012: Reported in serious health condition but unable to get treatment and care for internal bleeding and intestinal infection, related to injuries sustained under torture, due to a shortage of specialist physicians at Dizel Abad prison, Kermanshah.
09 Nov 2013: Ms Jalalian, currently in Dizel Abad prison, Kermanshah, condemned to life imprisonment, has several times asked for her transfer to a prison closer to her former place of residence. The authorities so far have opposed her request. Ms Jalalian, who suffers from digestive illnesses and is losing sight, has been denied medical furlough.
31 May 2014: Ms Jalalian, now the oldest political prisoner in Iran at 32, is on the verge of becoming blind. She is still denied hospital treatment for her eyes condition.
June/July 2015: Several humanitarian groups are campaigning for Jalalian's release, pointing out irregularities in the judicial proceedings leading to her condemnation, harsh treatments she has undergone since, and her urgent need for medical attention.
1 Sept. 2015: A number of women's rights activists have signed an open letter demanding the immediate release of Zeynab Jalaliyan [fa] 
August 4, 2018, Zeinab Jalalian, along with nine prisoners of ordinary offences, went on hunger strike in protest to being deprived of weekly visits and basic prison facilities. The strike ended the day after with no result. 
On November 28, 2018 guards in khoy women prison, north west of Iran attacked inmate Zeynab Jalalian and confiscated all her belongings. She was arrested in February 2007.
- اقوام بنیاد در رسانهها تصویر روزنامههای قدیمی گزارش مقاله آمار و ارقام زندانی سیاسی زن در زندانهای مختلف ایران (سال٩۵)
- Opinion No. 1/2016 concerning Zeinab Jalalian (Islamic Republic of Iran)
- Iranian Judicial Officials Suggest Kurdish Prisoner Will Get Temporary Leave if She Agrees to Televised "Confession", International Campaign for Human Rights in Iran (February 9, 2016).
- Report On Torture And Illegal Imprisonment Of Kurdish Political Prisoner Zeinab Jalalian
- rhana.org Jan. 2011
- "Zeynab Jalalian's Brother: "We haven't heard from her for a month."". RAHANA. June 26, 2010.
- "I Ask Ayatollah Khamenei To Intervene In Zeinab Jalalian's Case, Says Lawyer". International Campaign for Human Rights in Iran. July 1, 2010.
- "The Supreme Court Has Overturned The Death Sentence of Kurdish Prisoner Zainab Jalalian". persianbanoo. Dec 16, 2011.
- rahana.org - Zeynab Jalalian
- International campaign for human rights in Iran - June 2012
- iranian.com July 2012: Zeinab Jalalian - Life in danger due to illness in prison
- No medical treatment for Zeynab Jalalian - HRANA 9 Nov. 2013
- Save Zeinab Jalalian (زینب جلالیان) from Execution - May 31, 2014
- انتقال زینب جلالیان به زندان خوی
- Rights groups call on UN experts to intervene on behalf of a Kurdish woman...
- Worldwide campaign for Iran’s jailed Kurdish woman activist Zeynab Jalalian
- زینب جلالیان و اعدامی که به حبس تبدیل شد و حالا ...؟
- Iran Prisoner List (Global Freedom Movement)
- A Letter From The Free Women Society of Eastern Kurdistan (KJAR) Explaining The Case Of Zeynep Celaliyan
- Support for Political Prisoners in Iran - Iranian General Consulate, Hamburg, Germany
- فعالان حقوق زنان خواهان برخورداری از حق مرخصی، مداوای فوری و آزادی زینب جلالیان فعال سیاسی کرد ایرانی هستند Roozonline, 1 Sept. 2015
- ""Zeinab Jalalian in Critical Health Condition in Khoy Prison - HRANA March 9, 2016
- Justice for Iran, 11 March 2016
- [https://hra-news.org/en/zeinab-jalalian-critical-health-condition-khoy-prison ""Zeinab Jalalian on Hunger Strike At Khoy Prison
- Personal Belongings of Zeynab Jalalian Confiscated at Khoy Prison