Majid Saeedi is an Iranian documentary photographer.
Majid was born and raised in Tehran. He started photography at the age of sixteen and when he turned eighteen, He went to Iran Iraq border to take photos of the refugees.
He has photographed Middle East with a focus on the humanitarian aspect for the past two decades. Majid also takes a special interest in telling the untold stories of social issues and social injustice through his photos.
Majid has managed photography department of various news agencies in Iran and led so many key projects for over 15 years . One of Maid’s interests is to do street photography to portray citizens and ordinary life. When Majid is not working, he likes to teach photography to students and mentor young photographers.
Majid has won numerous prominent photography awards from around the world. For the past eight years, Majid has received the title of best photographer of Iran. His work has been published in international press such as Times, Spiegel, Life, New York Times, Washington Post, Washington Times, Time Magazine and various Middle Eastern publications and online agencies. Majid has travelled to many countries in the Middle East and photographed the injustice as well as the atrocities. His recent work displayed the images of land-mines victims in Afghanistan.
Majid has won prizes amongst the recent ones are the following:
- 2014 Master Award- Italy
- 2014 FotoEvidence Book Award
- 2014 Lucas Dolega Award
- 2013 World Press Photo (WPP)
- 2013 National Press Photographers Association (NPPA)
- 2013 China International Press Photo Contest (CHIPP)
- 2013 RPS Wall Grant in Japan
- 2012 R.F. Kennedy Award
- 2011 Lucie Award
- 2010 UNICEF Award
- 2010 China International Press Photo Contest (CHIPP)
- 2010 Henri Nannen Award
- 2005 & 2009 POY Awards
and solo exhibitions:
- Lody Gallery Milano, Italy 2014
- La maison des photographes, Paris, Franace, 2014
- Photo Museum Estonia, 2014
- Peace Foundation Special Review, Bolzano Italy, 2014
- Chartwood Art Gallery UK 2014
- 25th Anniversary of Visa Pour L’Image, Perpignan, France, 2013
- Reminder Photography Stronghold Wall Grant, Tokyo, Japan, 2013
- Photo Report Gallery Basilicata, Italy, 2013
- Noorderlicht Gallery, Groningen, The Netherlands, 2012
- New York, USA, 2011
- "SECOND WINNER OF RPS WALL GRANT – MAJID SAEEDI | Reminders Project & Reminders Photography Stronghold". Reminders-project.org. 2013-04-15. Retrieved 2013-09-06.
- "International Photography Awards, IPA | Annual Juried Photo Competition". Photoawards.com. Retrieved 2015-02-25.
- "Home Ι Pictures of the Year". Poyi.org. Retrieved 2015-02-25.