This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Majid Saeedi is an Iranian documentary photographer. He started photography at the age of sixteen and has photographed humanitarian issues in the Middle East for the past two decades. Majid Saeedi has been published in international publications and won numerous awards for his photography.
Majid Saeedi has photographed the Middle East with a focus on humanitarian issues for the past two decades. He takes a special interest in telling the untold stories of social issues and social injustice through his photos.
Majid has managed the photography department of various news agencies in Iran and led many key projects for over 15 years. One of Majid’s interests is street photography, portraying citizens and ordinary life. When Majid is not working, he likes to teach photography to students and mentor young photographers.
Majid has won numerous prominent photography awards from around the world. For the past eight years, Majid has received the title of Best Photographer of Iran. His work has been published in international publications such as the Spiegel, Life, New York Times, Washington Post, Washington Times, Time Magazine and various Middle Eastern publications and online agencies. Majid has travelled to many countries in the Middle East and photographed the injustice as well as the atrocities. His recent work displayed the images of land-mines victims in Afghanistan.
Majid has won prizes amongst the recent ones are the following:
- #2015 photo reporter Award-France
- #2014 Master Award- Italy
- #2014 FotoEvidence Book Award
- #2014 Lucas Dolega Award
- #2013 World Press Photo (WPP)
- #2013 National Press Photographers Association (NPPA)
- 2013 China International Press Photo Contest (CHIPP)
- #2013 RPS Wall Grant in Japan
- #2012 R.F. Kennedy Award
- #2011 Lucie Award(US)
- #2010 UNICEF Award
- #2010 China #International Press Photo Contest (CHIPP)
- 2010 Henri Nannen Award
- 2005 & 2009 POY Awards
and solo exhibitions:
- Lody Gallery Milano, Italy 2014
- La maison des photographes, Paris, Franace, 2014
- Photo Museum Estonia, 2014
- Peace Foundation Special Review, Bolzano Italy, 2014
- Chartwood Art Gallery UK 2014
- 25th Anniversary of Visa Pour L’Image, Perpignan, France, 2013
- Reminder Photography Stronghold Wall Grant, Tokyo, Japan, 2013
- Photo Report Gallery Basilicata, Italy, 2013
- Noorderlicht Gallery, Groningen, The Netherlands, 2012
- New York, USA, 2011
- "SECOND WINNER OF RPS WALL GRANT – MAJID SAEEDI | Reminders Project & Reminders Photography Stronghold". Reminders-project.org. 2013-04-15. Retrieved 2013-09-06.
- "Home Ι Pictures of the Year". Poyi.org. Retrieved 2015-02-25.