Groveport Madison High School
|Groveport Madison High School|
4475 South Hamilton Road
|Type||Public, Coeducational high school|
|Teaching staff||106.05 (FTE)|
|Student to teacher ratio||14.65|
|Color(s)||Red and black |
|Athletics conference||Ohio Capital Conference|
|Athletic Director||Steve Petros|
Cruiser Alternative Program
GMHS has added the Cruiser Alternative Program (CAP) to meet the needs of students in multiple categories. It is a community design for the school that accelerates learning for students who are behind in credits. The program features online instruction supported by four teachers. Students may attend one of two sessions to meet their individual needs.
CAP has a capacity of 120 students in four classrooms. Classrooms are equipped with 20 computers and a SmartBoard (computer-based interactive white board).
The current coach for the 2016-2017 season is Bryan Schoonover.
- Le'Veon Bell, professional football player; selected by Pittsburgh Steelers in second round (48th overall) of 2013 NFL Draft
- Calvin Booth, professional basketball player; selected by Washington Wizards in second round (35th overall) of 1999 NBA Draft
- John Feldmeier, attorney and Wright State University professor
- Thomas J. Hennen, astronaut
- Tony Lowery, former Wisconsin Badgers football quarterback, 1987 Big Ten Freshman of the Year, Arena Football League
- Lilia Osterloh, professional tennis player
- Bryan Quinby, comedian and co-host of Street Fight Radio
- Eric Smith, professional football player; selected by New York Jets in third round (97th overall) of 2006 NFL Draft with highest compensatory pick in team history
- Wyatt Worthington II, professional golfer
- Dawuane Smoot, professional football player; selected by Jacksonville Jaguars in third round (68th overall) of 2017 NFL Draft
- Michael White, hip-hop artist, better known as Trippie Redd
- "About Us". Groveport Madison Schools. Retrieved 2019-08-11.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association member directory". Archived from the original on 2010-11-04. Retrieved 2010-02-17.
- "Groveport Madison High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved November 27, 2019.
- "The History of Cruiser" (PDF). Groveport Madison Schools. Retrieved 2019-08-11.
- "Football". Groveport Madison Schools. Retrieved 2019-08-11.
- Conway, Tyler (2017-05-24). "Le'Veon Bell Donates $750,000 for Turf Field at Groveport Madison High School". Bleacher Report. Retrieved 2019-08-09.
- Cavalieri, Sam (2002-02-05). "Booth's strong upbringing leads to successful career". The Daily Collegian. Retrieved 2019-08-09.
- Payload Specialist Bio: Thomas J. Hennen (PDF), NASA, August 2008
- "Badgers' freshman quarterback wise for his age". Wausau Daily Herald. Wausau, Wisconsin. 1987-10-25. p. 14. Retrieved 2019-08-11.
- Axelrod, Phil (1994-07-10). "16-year-old Ohio girl wins USTA clay title; top men's seeds clash". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. p. 37. Retrieved 2019-08-11.
- Quinby, Bryan [@MurderBryan] (3 March 2017). "all we had was a bullshit astronaut. Which we all know is a fake job. I'm the most famous Groveport Cruiser" (Tweet). Retrieved 11 August 2019 – via Twitter.
- "Getting Personal With MSU's Eric Smith". Detroit Free Press. Detroit, Michigan. 2005-11-03. p. 53. Retrieved 2019-08-11.
- Dispatch, Rob Oller, The Columbus (2016-07-26). "Rare opportunity: Worthington, a black teaching pro in Gahanna, makes PGA Championship field". The Columbus Dispatch. Retrieved 2019-08-11.
- "Smoot aims to realize potential under Lovie". The Pantagraph. Bloomington, Illinois. 2016-07-10. pp. –6. Retrieved 2019-08-11.