|Born||22 April 1913
|Died||16 March 1945
|Years of service||1931–1945|
|Unit||11th SS Volunteer Panzergrenadier Division Nordland|
|Battles/wars||World War II|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
Iron Cross 1st Class
Iron Cross 2nd Class
German Cross in Gold
Mentioned in the Wehrmachtbericht
Eastern Front Medal
Medallion in Memory of 1 October 1938
Medallion in Memory of 13 March 1938
Infantry Assault Badge in Silver
Albrecht Krügel (22 April 1913 – 16 March 1945) was an Obersturmbannführer (Lieutenant Colonel) in the Waffen-SS during World War II who was awarded the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves (German: Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes mit Eichenlaub). The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership.
Krügel was born on 22 April 1913 at Nordhorn and was an early member of the NSDAP and SS joining in 1931 and was issued the party number 419 297 and SS service number 11 433. He was selected for officer training and sent to the SS-Junkerschule at Braunschweig in April 1935, after graduation he was posted to Dachau as a platoon commander. By 1940 he was a Company commander in the SS-VT during the Battle of France, in March 1941 he was the Adjutant of the Germania Regiment
His award of the Knight's Cross came while he was in command of the 2nd Battalion, 23rd SS Panzer Grenadier Regiment Norge, 11th SS Volunteer Panzer Grenadier Division Norland and the Oakleaves while in command of the 24th SS Panzer Grenadier Regiment Danmark in November 1944. He was wounded in action on 16 March 1945 at Altdamm and died on the way to hospital.
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 276.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 92.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 – Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtsteile [The Bearers of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939–1945 — The Owners of the Highest Award of the Second World War of all Wehrmacht Branches] (in German). Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.
- Thomas, Franz (1997). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 1: A–K [The Oak Leaves Bearers 1939–1945 Volume 1: A–K] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-7648-2299-6.
- John P. Moore: Führerliste der Waffen-SS- Personalakten in Part 2
- Mark C. Yerger: German Cross in Gold - Holders of the SS and Police, Volume 3 This is the 3rd of 5 volumes published as of mid-2010 containing biographical and other relevant data for all German Cross holders of the SS and Police by unit or award category. A single unnumbered volume covers the award in silver with succeeding numbered texts encompassing the awards in Gold, most Gold award holder biographies include the text recommendation for the award as well as images.