|Traded as||NYSE: AGN
S&P 500 Component
|Key people||F. Michael Ball, President|
|Products||Botox, Acular, Acuvail, Alocril, Prevage, Avage, Tazorac, Juvederm, Lap-band, Restasis, Alphagan, Ganfort, Hydrafill, Optive|
|Revenue||US$5.4 Billion (2011)|
|Operating income||US$1.4 Billion (2011)|
|Net income||US$938 Million (2011)|
|Total assets||US$8.5 Billion (2011)|
|Total equity||US$5.3 Billion (2011)|
The company's most notable neurologic product is Botox, used around the world to treat a variety of debilitating disorders associated with muscle overactivity and also well-known—under the trade names Botox Cosmetic and Vistabel—for the treatment of facial lines.
On April 23, 2001, Allergan Inc. participated in annual meeting of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (London to Tues).
Allergan is also a member of the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC). They are the state corporate co-chair of Tennessee, a "Chairman" level sponsor of 2011 ALEC Annual Conference, and member of Louisiana Host Committee.
- NATRELLE: Breast Implants (Silicone and Saline)
- LAP-BAND: An adjustable gastric band, inserted laparoscopically (in most circumstances); a restrictive device implanted via bariatric surgery and designed for obese patients with a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or greater.
- ORBERA SYSTEM: An intragastric balloon, inserted endoscopically; designed to assist weight loss by partially filling the stomach and inducing satiety for overweight patients with a body mass index (BMI) of 27 or greater.
- LUMIGAN: anti-glaucoma medication containing the active ingredient bimatoprost.
- Alphagan P: anti-(glaucoma) medication containing the active ingredient (brimonidine)
- ACULAR LS
- ACZONE: for Acne control
- Pred Forte: 1% prednisolone acetate suspension for reducing swelling, redness, itching, and allergic reactions affecting the eye
- ZYMAR .3%
- Zymaxid .5%
- F M L (fluorometholone)
- Combigan: anti-(glaucoma) medication containing a combination of active ingredients (brimonidine) and (timolol)
- BOTOX: anti-spasm medication containing the active ingredient botulinum toxin.
- REFRESH: artificial tears containing carboxymethylcellulose
- DRY EYE THERAPY
- LASTACAFT® (alcaftadine ophthalmic solution) 0.25%
- REDNESS RELIEF
- OPTIVE: most advanced retail dry-eye treatment
- RESTASIS: dry eye treatment containing cyclosporine.
- JUVEDERM: used cosmetically for wrinkles and fine lines
- TAZORAC: for severe acne and psoriasis
- LATISSE: used to lengthen and thicken eyelashes (attenuated version of Lumigan)
- OZURDEX: for BRVO and CRVO
- VIVITE: Complete Facial Line
- SKINMEDICA: Complete Facial Line