|Industry||Music & Entertainment|
|Headquarters||Seoul, South Korea|
|Products||Music & Entertainment|
|Services||Music & Entertainment agency|
|Website||DSP Media official homepage|
DSP Media, formerly known as DSP Entertainment, is a Korean entertainment company, headquartered in Seoul, South Korea that was established in 1991 by Lee HoYeon. DSP Media entered the kpop scene with the success of 90′s idol groups Sechs Kies and Fin.K.L. Today, DSP Media is an all around entertainment company responsible for music production, marketing, celebrity management, distributing music and more.
DSP Media was originally named DaeSung Enterprise when it first went into business in 1991. In fact, the company went through four name changes. In 1999, the company was renamed as DSP Entertainment. In 2008, with the successful expansion in the entertainment industry, DSP Entertainment was renamed as DSP Media.
In September 1991, DaeSung Enterprise was founded by Lee HoYeon to provide entertainers to the public television. One of their first Korean music group was Firetruck (소방차). The group was a hit and is still loved by the older Koreans.
In February 1999, with the success of kpop star groups like Sechs Kies and FIN.K.L., the company went through legal actions to rename itself to DSP Entertainment.
In March 2006, with the merger company HoShinSumYoo (호신섬유), DSP Entertainment was renamed to DSP Enti.
In September 2008, DSP Enti was renamed as DSP Media. By this time, the company became renowned for its success in the kpop music, Korean drama and TV show production industries.
|Debut||Artists||Gender||Members||Leader||Fanclub name||Official color|
Soloist & Duo
|Debut||Artists||Gender||Occupation||Fanclub name||Official color|
|2006||Oh Jong Hyuk1||Male||Solo||-||-|
1 Former Click-B member Oh Jong Hyuk has returned to his old home. On April 5, 2013, DSP Media announced that "Oh Jong Hyuk signed an exclusive contract with DSP in late March, and soon plans to launch his promotions." With this, Oh Jong Hyuk has come to return to his old agency, which he was signed with when he was a member of Click-B, in 10 years. Click-B had debuted with the agency in 1999, and left after its contract had run its course in 2003.He came to sign his new contract with DSP after realizing he would need systematic management for his new phase of promotions. After being active in dramas, musicals and singing, Oh Jong Hyuk enlisted with the Marine Corps in 2011. He was released in February following his services of a year and 10 months. On Sep 25, 2013, Oh Jonghyuk & T-ara's Soyeon revealed to have been dating for almost 3 years.
2 Son Yu-ji is a 15-year old singer from Bucheon, Gyeonggi Province. She joined SBS' K-pop Star 2 as the youngest member of a five-girl group, YouU. On December 2013, she became the last YouU member to be signed up by any agency after DSP signed her exclusively. According to Korea Herald, she will undergo extensive training under DSP before her debut. She is also a former participant of Kara Project.
|Debut||Artists||Gender||Members||Leader||Notes||Fanclub name||Official color|
|2012||Rainbow Pixie||Group||3||Oh Seung Ah||Rainbow Sub-Unit||Rain-nous||-|
|2014||Rainbow Blaxx||Group||4||Jaekyung||Rainbow Sub-Unit||Rain-nous||-|
|Debut||Actor||Gender||Occupation||Finished career||Fanclub name||Official color|
|2013||Park Jong Chan3||Male||Actor||-||-||-|
|2006||Baek Seung Do||Male||Actor||-||-||-|
3On April 18, 2013, DSP Media announced that actor Park Jun-gyu's sons Park Jong Chan(22) and Park Jong Hyuk(15) join DSP Media. Park Jong Chan will be preparing for his debut as an actor while his younger brother Park Jong Hyuk has entered training to hone his musical talent. Park Jong Hyuk previously appeared on 'Star King' where he impressed viewers with his drumming skills and also earned a peck on the cheek from SECRET's Sunhwa on the retired show 'Bouquet', while Park Jong Chan has been building up his acting experience through short films and plays.
- Ahn Sojin (former participant of Kara Project)
- Cho Shiyoon (former member of Puretty and former participant of Kara Project)
- Yoon Chaekyung (former member of Puretty and former participant of Kara Project)
- Jeon Somin (former member of Puretty and former participant of Kara Project)
- Kim Chaewon (former participant of Kara Project)
- Son Yuji (former participant of Kara Project and former Kpop Star 2 contestant)
|Debut||Artists||Gender||Members||Leader||Disbanded||Fanclub name||Official color|
|1997||Sechs Kies||Male||6||Jiwon||2000||DSF (Dear Sechskies Friend)||Yellow|
|1997||Kim Hyu Soo||TBA||Solo||TBA||TBA||-||-|
|1998||Fin.K.L||Female||4||Lee Hyori||2005||Pinky||Pearl Red|
|2000||Uhm Ji Sun||TBA||Solo||TBA||TBA||-||-|
|2002||Lee Hyori||Female||Solo||-||Left the Company (2006)||HyoRish||Red|
|2005||SS501||Male||5||Hyunjoong||Left the Company (2010)||Triple S||Pearl Light Green|
|2007||Kim Sung Hee||Female||former Kara member||-||2008||-||-|
|2007||Jung Nicole||Female||former Kara member||-||Left the Company (2014)||-||-|
|2008||Kang Jiyoung||Female||former Kara member||-||Left the Company (2014)||-||-|
|2008||A'st1||Male||6||Jung Jin||2009||EUNICE||Pearl Purple|
|2008||SS501 Trio||Male||3||Young-saeng||Left the Company (2010)||Triple S||Pearl Light Green|
|2010||jung hye won||TBA||Solo||TBA||TBA||-||-|
- Jang Jisoo (now under Kant Entertainment as a member of Swincle)
- Lee Donguk (now under Orange Entertainment as a member of DNT)
- Actress Goo Hye-sun (now under YG Entertainment)
- Lee Gi-kwang (now under Cube Entertainment as a member of B2ST)
- Ahn Jaehyo (now under Seven Seasons as a member of Block B)
- Moon JoonYoung (now Star Empire Entertainment as a member of ZE:A)
- Son Dambi (now a solo singer under Pledis Entertainment)
- Shim Hyun Kyung (now a member of Chinese group i Me)
- NS Yoonji (now under JTM Entertainment)
- Hong Jinyoung (now under Core Contents Media)
- Hwang Park Kyung (Left due to stress and other personal problems in early 2010; was originally a trainee due to debut with A-Jax)
- Ga Jin (now under EC Ebenezer as a member of S the ONE)
- Han Kyu Wan (was due to debut with SS501 but failed because some issue, also was a former trainee under S.M. Entertainment and was to debut with EXO but failed because still in military service)
- Woo Hyemi (Contestant on "The Voice of Korea", made top four in semi-finals; was originally a trainee due to debut with KARA)
- Kang Minhee (now under Brand New Music as a member of Miss $)
- Siyoon (now under NEW PLANET entertainment as a member of A-PRINCE)
- Taeha (now under Core Contents Media as a member of Speed (South Korean band))
- Actress Seon Joo-ah
- Actor Lee Ji-hoon (1998)
- Lee Joonmo(trained under DSP Media director)
- Emergency Act 19 (Film, 2002)
- Drama Three Leaf Clover (SBS, 2005)
- My girl (SBS, 2005)
- She (SBS, 2006)
- Yeon Gae So Mun (SBS, 2006)
- Surgeon Bong Dal Hee (SBS, 2007)
- Bad couple (SBS, 2007)
- Heartbreak Library (Film, 2008)
- Queen of Housewives (MBC, 2009)
- "UNIVERSAL SIGMA - ARTIST LIST". Universal Sigma. Universal Music LLC.
- Yoo, Ji-yoon (December 9, 2013). "손유지, 데뷔 전부터 실시간 검색어 장악 "DSP와 전속계약 체결" (Son Yu-ji, keeping control before her debut, signs exclusive contract with DSP)". Korea Herald. Retrieved January 5, 2014.
- (Korean) DSP Media official homepage - Korea
- (Japanese) DSP Media official homepage - Japan
- DSP Media on Twitter
- DSP Media's channel on YouTube