||This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2009)
The Dingoo A320 is a gaming handheld that supports music and video playback and open game development. The system features an on-board radio and recording program. It is available to consumers in three colors: white, black, and pink. It was released in February 2009 and has since sold over 1 million units.
Dingoo focuses on games and digital products, and is located in the Futian District, Shenzhen.
- CPU Ingenic JZ4732 @ 336 MHz, underclocked from 360 MHz (clocks up to 433 MHz) (MIPS architecture)
- RAM 32MB @ 112 MHz (Underclocked from 133 or 166 dependent on unit)
- Internal Storage 1/2/4GB flash
- Additional Storage MiniSD/SDHC (MicroSD/SDHC with adapter)
- Input D-Pad, 2 shoulder, 4 face, Start & Select buttons, Mic.
- Outputs Stereo Speakers, Headphone Jack & TV-out w/ included cable
- I/O USB 2.0
- Display 2.8" LCD, 320x240 resolution, 65.5K colors
- Battery 3.7V 1700-1800 mAH (6.29WH) Li-Ion, approx. 7 hours run time
- Video Playback RM, MP4, 3GP, AVI, ASF, MOV, FLV, MPEG
- Audio Playback MP3, WMA, APE, FLAC, RA
- Radio Digital FM Tuner
- Recording Supports digital recording of voice (MP3 and WMA formats) and FM radio at 8 kHz
- Software Support Free official and unofficial SDKs Available
- Dimensions 125 × 55.5 × 14mm) / (4.92in x 2.17in x 0.59in)
- Weight 3.8 oz (110g)
- Game Boy Advance, Sega Genesis, Super Nintendo, Nintendo , Game Boy , and Game Boy Color.
Some original games are Chinese and English; others are Chinese only.
- 7 Days salvation
- Ultimate Drift
- Dream Drift
- Dingoo Snake
- Amiba's Candy
- Hell Striker
- Decollation Warrior
- Rick Dangerous (port)
- Duke Nukem 3D (Dingux port)
Arcade games 
Video player 
- Video containers: RMVB, RM, AVI, WMV, FLV, MPEG, MP4, ASF, MOV
- Video codecs: WMV1, WMV3, WMV7, WMV8.1, WMV9, MP42, mp4v, DIV3, DiVX5, XViD, MJPG, MPEG1, MPEG2
- LCD resolution: 320×240
Audio player 
Photo viewer 
Text reader 
- Supports TXT file formats (English and Chinese)
- Support English text to speech
- Further functions include bookmarking, auto browsing, font sizing, and it can open while music is playing.
Radio receiver 
- FM Radio
- Wide channel range from 76.0–108.0 MHz, support manual/auto channel scanning, FM recording and can keep playing while using other application. User can save up to 40 channels.
Audio recording 
- Voice and radio recording
- Voice recording and supports MP3/WAV formats.
- Supports SWF File Format (only Flash 6)
- U-disk virus protection: Built-in anti-virus software protection, to keep the system at its best performance.
- USB 2.0 Transmission Interface: Windows 2000/XP/Vista and Mac OS X support
File browser 
- allows you to find files on your Dingoo (games, music, videos, photos, voice recordings)
A Dingoo running an alpha version of a Linux
Official firmware 
- Firmware V1.01
- Firmware V1.02
- Firmware V1.03
- Firmware V1.10 (Added Multi-Language Support)
- Firmware V1.11 (Added Korean Language Support)
- Firmware V1.20 (Y & B button bug fix and more)
- Firmware V1.22
Unofficial firmware 
Team Dingoo released the first unofficial firmware with user customizable theming possibilities. The system files were moved from hidden memory to an accessible memory location, allowing users to change the graphical settings. This firmware is updated regularly.
The native operating system of the Dingoo A320 is µC/OS-II, a low-cost priority-based pre-emptive real time multitasking operating system kernel for microprocessors, written mainly in the C programming language. It is mainly intended for use in embedded systems. All official software for the Dingoo A320 (including its emulators) run on µC/OS-II.
A Linux kernel was generally released by Booboo on Google Code on May 18, 2009.
A dual boot installer called "Dingux" was released June 24. This allows for dual booting the original firmware or Linux without the need for connection to a PC.
Enthusiasts have successfully run Linux versions of many games, including Prboom engine (Doom, Hexen, Heretic), Build engine (Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior), Quake, Dodgin' Diamonds 1 & 2, Biniax 2, GNU Robbo, Super Transball 2, Defendguin, Waternet, Sdlroids, Spout, Tyrian, Rise of the Triad, Open Liero, REminiscence, Blockrage, and the OpenBOR game engine.
The Dingoo can run emulators: ScummVM, SMS Plus, Gmuplayer, FinalBurn Alpha, Gnuboy, GpSP, MAME, PSX4ALL, Snes9x, PicoDrive, openMSX, GP2Xpectrum, and FCEUX.
See also 
External links