Ermengarde of Hesbaye
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (October 2007)|
Ermengarde of Hesbaye (or Irmengarde) (c. 778 – 3 October 818) was Queen of the Franks and Holy Roman Empress as the wife of Emperor Louis I. She was Frankish, the daughter of Ingeram, count of Hesbaye, and Hedwig of Bavaria.
She had six children:
- Lothair I, born 795 in Altdorf, Bavaria
- Pepin I of Aquitaine, born 797
- Adelaide, born ca. 799
- Rotrude, born 800, married Gérard de Auvergne (c. 800 – d. 25.6.841) Comte de Auvergne and they had Ranulf I of Poitiers.
- Hildegard / Matilda, born ca. 802
- Louis the German, born ca. 805
|Empress of the Holy Roman Empire
Judith of Bavaria
|Queen of the Franks