|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014)|
The current Gameloft logo, adopted in 2010.
|Traded as||Euronext: GFT|
Video game industry
|Headquarters||Paris, France ("general meeting of June 19, 2012". 19 June 2012.)|
(President and CEO)
|Revenue||€164.4 million (2011)|
|€21.1 million (2011)|
|€18.2 million (2011)|
|Total assets||€138.5 million (2010)|
|Total equity||€103 million (2011)|
Number of employees
|28 studios - 5,000+|
Gameloft is a video game developer and publisher headquartered in Paris, France. The company also has subsidiaries in 28 countries around the world. They have created a number of games for mobile phone handsets, tablets, games consoles and other platforms.
Founded in 1999 by Michael Guillemot, one of the co-founders and owners of video game publisher and developer Ubisoft, Gameloft has expanded to employ a staff of 5,000 at the end of 2011. Gameloft began to be profitable in 2003. Gameloft's consolidated revenues were €10.2m (2003), €23.2m (2004) and €46.8m (2005). Gameloft has posted consolidated revenues of €68m in 2006, €96m in 2007, €110m in 2008 and €122m in 2009. In 2010, Gameloft consolidated sales reached €141m and went up to €164m in 2011. In 2012 the revenues continued to grow and crossed the €200m-mark, reaching €208.3m in 2012 and €233.3m in 2013. According to the preliminary data, the revenue for the end of year of 2014 were €227m. Through agreements with major telephone carriers, handset manufacturers, specialized distributors and its online shop, Gameloft states it has a distribution network in over 100 countries.
As of 2013, Gameloft had development centers in 20 countries.
- MMO of the Year 2013
- Best Android MMO - Audience Award ("Order & Chaos Online")
- Best iPhone & iPad MMO - Audience Award ("Order & Chaos Online")
- Best Classic Mobile MMO - Audience Award ("Order & Chaos Online")
- Pocket Gamer Developer of the Year 2011
- JeuxVideo.com Best MMORPG on iPhone & iPad 2011 ("Order & Chaos Online")
- JeuxVideo.com Best Action Game ("The Adventures of Tintin")
- Spike TV Video Game Awards 2008
- Mobile Game of the Year (The Oregon Trail)
- Spike TV Video Game Awards 2007
- Mobile Game of the Year (Assassin's Creed)
- Best Mobile Action Game (Assassin's Creed)
- Best Mobile Visual Design (Assassin's Creed)
- Best Action Game (Heroes: The Official Mobile Game)
- IGN Game Awards 2007:
- IGN Game Awards 2008:
- "Gameloft gets a grown up logo for 10th birthday". Pocket Gamer. 8 May 2010. Retrieved 23 July 2011.
- "Gameloft". Edge. Future plc. 9 June 2005. Retrieved 6 August 2013.
- "2011 Annual Results". Gameloft. 21 March 2012. Retrieved 24 March 2012.
- "Gameloft Reference Documents 2005 - 2009".
- "Gameloft's full year sales reach €227.3m".
- "Top Mobile Games for iOS, Android, Java & more - Gameloft". Gameloft.
- MMO of the Year 2013 | Winners
- The Pocket Gamer Awards 2011: The Winners | feature | Pocket Gamer Awards | PocketGamer.biz
- Dossier - Les jeux de Noël 2011 - iPhone/iPod - MMORPG - page 90 sur JeuxVideo.com
- Dossier - Les jeux de Noël 2011 - iPhone/iPod - Action/Aventure - page 84 sur JeuxVideo.com
- Video Game Awards 2008. Spike TV.
- Video Game Awards 2007. Spike TV.
- IGN Best of 2007
- IGN Best of 2007
- IGN Wireless: Best Platform Game 2008
- IGN Wireless: Best Graphics Technology 2008
- IGN Wireless: Best Action Game 2008
- IGN Wireless: Best Racing/Driving Game 2008
|This website-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|