|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014)|
The current Gameloft logo, adopted in 2010.
|Traded as||Euronext: GFT|
Video game industry
|Headquarters||Paris, France ("general meeting of June 19, 2012". 19 June 2012.)|
|Key people||Michel Guillemot
(President and CEO)
|Revenue||€164.4 million (2011)|
|Operating income||€21.1 million (2011)|
|Net income||€18.2 million (2011)|
|Total assets||€138.5 million (2010)|
|Total equity||€103 million (2011)|
|Employees||28 studios - 5,000+|
Gameloft is a video game developer and publisher headquartered in Paris, France. The company also has subsidiaries in 28 countries around the world. They have created a number of games for mobile phone handsets, tablets, games consoles and other platforms.
Founded in 1999 by Michel Guillemot, one of the co-founders and owners of video game publisher and developer Ubisoft, Gameloft has expanded to employ a staff of 5,000 at the end of 2011. Gameloft has posted consolidated revenues of $68m in 2006, $96m in 2007, $110m in 2008 and $122m in 2009. In 2010, Gameloft consolidated sales reached $141m and went up to $164m in 2011. Through agreements with major telephone carriers, handset manufacturers, specialized distributors and its online shop, Gameloft states it has a distribution network in over 100 countries.
As of 2013, Gameloft had development centers in 20 countries. They closed the Hyderbad India center in January 2013. The Hyderabad studio was largely responsible for developing Android version of various iOS games.
- Worst customer service 2014
- MMO of the Year 2013
- Best Android MMO - Audience Award ("Order & Chaos Online")
- Best iPhone & iPad MMO - Audience Award ("Order & Chaos Online")
- Best Classic Mobile MMO - Audience Award ("Order & Chaos Online")
- Pocket Gamer Developer of the Year 2011
- JeuxVideo.com Best MMORPG on iPhone & iPad 2011 ("Order & Chaos Online")
- JeuxVideo.com Best Action Game ("The Adventures of Tintin")
- Spike TV Video Game Awards 2008
- Mobile Game of the Year (The Oregon Trail)
- Spike TV Video Game Awards 2007
- Mobile Game of the Year (Assassin's Creed)
- Best Mobile Action Game (Assassin's Creed)
- Best Mobile Visual Design (Assassin's Creed)
- Best Action Game (Heroes: The Official Mobile Game)
- IGN Game Awards 2007:
- IGN Game Awards 2008:
- "Gameloft gets a grown up logo for 10th birthday". Pocket Gamer. 8 May 2010. Retrieved 23 July 2011.
- "Gameloft". Edge. Future plc. 9 June 2005. Retrieved 6 August 2013.
- "2011 Annual Results". Gameloft. 21 March 2012. Retrieved 24 March 2012.
- Press Release: Fourth-quarter sales of €25.8 million in 2007
- Gameloft shuts India studio
- Report: Gameloft Closes India Studio, Sacks 250+ | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
- MMO of the Year 2013 | Winners
- The Pocket Gamer Awards 2011: The Winners | feature | Pocket Gamer Awards | PocketGamer.biz
- Dossier - Les jeux de Noël 2011 - iPhone/iPod - MMORPG - page 90 sur JeuxVideo.com
- Dossier - Les jeux de Noël 2011 - iPhone/iPod - Action/Aventure - page 84 sur JeuxVideo.com
- Video Game Awards 2008. Spike TV.
- Video Game Awards 2007. Spike TV.
- IGN Best of 2007
- IGN Best of 2007
- IGN Wireless: Best Platform Game 2008
- IGN Wireless: Best Graphics Technology 2008
- IGN Wireless: Best Action Game 2008
- IGN Wireless: Best Racing/Driving Game 2008
|This website-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|