Gerhard Friedrich (officer)
|Born||17 October 1909
|Died||8 May 1945
Trautenau, East Prussia
|Allegiance|| Weimar Republic (to 1933)
|Years of service||1929–1945|
|Commands held||Panzergrenadier-Regiment 13|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Gerhard Friedrich (17 October 1909 – Missing in action as of 8 May 1945) was a highly decorated Oberst in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Gerhard Friedrich was listed as missing in action as of 8 May 1945.
 Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (1 December 1939)
- 1st Class (6 September 1940)
- Infantry Assault Badge
- Eastern Front Medal (28 August 1942)
- Honour Roll Clasp of the Army (19 September 1943)
- German Cross in Gold (10 January 1944)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 156.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 77.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945. Friedburg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 3-7909-0284-5.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.