|Type||Sixth form college|
|Headteacher||Mr David Adelman|
Godalming College is a state sixth form college, situated in Godalming, four miles from Guildford, Surrey, England. The college has been consistently oversubscribed in recent years. It is the successor to Godalming Grammar School, a state grammar school. The 2005 Ofsted report said: Leadership and management is outstanding. The principal is David Adelman BA.
Academic standings 
In 2010, Godalming College had a 98.7 percent pass rate and 61.5 percent of exam entrants attained grades within the A* to B boundary. In the same year, 100 percent pass rates were achieved in 29 of the A level (or equivalent) subjects taught at Godalming College.
In 2006 the college achieved a 98.5% pass rate compared with the national pass rate of 96.6%. Of more than 2000 subject entries, over 1000 were at the top A and B grades and over 1500 at grades A to C. In 33 of the A level subjects offered by the College a 100% pass rate was achieved.
New buildings 
In 2000, the newly completed building achieved the Best New Building Award in the Godalming Trust Civic Design Awards. Since then, three new blocks have been built, including a library block, sports hall and a performing arts building.
Christian Union 
A Christian Union has been run at Godalming College since its transformation from Godalming Grammar School to a Sixth Form College. Over the years they have caught the attention of local media. In 2006 they hosted talks surrounding the similarities and differences of Islam and Christianity and again in 2010.
Notable alumni 
- Ingrid Lacey, actress (Drop the Dead Donkey)
- Stephanie Merritt, novellist and critic
- Ben Elton, comedian and writer.
- Rikki Clarke, cricketer
- Simon Shaw, rugby player
- Rachel Hurd-Wood, actress
- Annabelle Apsion, actress (Shameless)
- Alexandra Evans, winner of Britains Next Top Model Cycle 4
- Rufus Hound, comedian and television presenter
- Andy Salmon, Commandant General Royal Marines 
- "Adult Learning Inspectorate - Godalming College" (PDF). Ofsted. Retrieved 2012-01-13.
- Surrey Advertiser
- "A question of faith". http://www.getsurrey.co.uk. Surrey Advertiser. Retrieved 3 April 2012.
- Godalming alumni
- "Rikki Clarke".
- "Simon Shaw Profile". Rugby Football Union. Retrieved 2012-01-13.
- Harvey, Hettie (21 August 2009). "Rachel Hurd-Wood: a modern gothic starlet". ES Magazine.
|This Surrey school or sixth form college related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|