Indians in Brunei
|Malay · Tamil · Malayalam · Punjabi · Hindi · English|
|Islam · Hinduism · Christianity · Sikhism|
|Related ethnic groups|
|Indian Indonesians · Malaysian Indian|
The number of Indian nationals working in Brunei had increased since 2009. There are many Indian doctors and engineers working in Brunei and there are others working in the education sector, both at school and university or college level as professors and teachers as well as research personnel.
Other areas where Indians are employed include IT, oil and gas and mercantile.
Ethnicity and Religion
The Indian community of Brunei consists of Muslims, Hindus, Christians and Sikhs. Brunei's 50-year-old Hindu Welfare Board functions as a Hindu religious organization with approximately 3000 members and there are two small Hindu temples in the country. The Sikh community consists of 500 people.
- "Indian Community in Brunei", High Commission of India - Brunei.
- "India sees prospects for work in Brunei's education sector", The Brunei Times, 12 October 2011.
- "Indian community celebrates Tamil New Year", brunei fm!, 21 April 2010.
- "Night of colourful dance and music", The Brunei Times, 27 September 2010.
- "Religious Life and Institutions in Brunei", ISIM Newsletter, 27 September 2010.