Demonstration of IntelliJ IDEA
|Stable release||14.0.3 / January 28, 2015|
|Operating system||Windows, OS X, Linux|
IntelliJ IDEA is a Java integrated development environment (IDE) for developing computer software. It is developed by JetBrains, and is available as an Apache 2 Licensed community edition, and in a proprietary commercial edition.
The first version of IntelliJ IDEA was released in January 2001, and at the time was one of the first available Java IDE with advanced code navigation and code refactoring capabilities integrated.
In December 2014, Google announced version 1.0 of Android Studio, an open source IDE for Android apps, based on the open source community edition of IntelliJ IDEA. Other development environments based on IntelliJ include AppCode, PhpStorm, PyCharm, RubyMine, WebStorm, and MPS.
- Both editions
- Clojure (via separate plugin)
- Dart (via separate plugin)
- Scala (via separate plugin)
- Kotlin (via separate plugin)
- Ultimate Edition only
- Haskell (via separate plugin)
- Haxe (via separate plugin)
- Jelastic (via separate plugin)
- Lua (via separate plugin)
- Node.js (via separate plugin)
- PHP (via separate plugin)
- TypoScript (via separate plugin)
Technologies and frameworks
Ultimate Edition supports the following:
- Google App Engine
- Google Web Toolkit
- Java ME MIDP/CLDC
- JBoss Seam
- Ruby on Rails
- Struts 2
- Web services
Software versioning and revision control
- Both editions
- Ultimate Edition
- Saunders, Stephen; Fields, Duane K.; Belayev, Eugene (March 1, 2006), IntelliJ IDEA in Action (1st ed.), Manning, p. 450, ISBN 1-932394-44-3
- Davydov, S.; Efimov, A. (May 2005), IntelliJ IDEA. Professional'noe programmirovanie na Java (V podlinnike) (1st ed.), BHV, p. 800, ISBN 5-94157-607-2
- IntelliJ Source Code
- Martin Fowler. "Crossing Refactoring's Rubicon". MartinFowler.com.
- Andrew Binstock (22 September 2010). "InfoWorld review: Top Java programming tools". InfoWorld.
- "Google releases Android Studio 1.0, the first stable version of its IDE". VentureBeat. 8 December 2014.
- "What is the IntelliJ Platform?". VentureBeat. 23 February 2015.
- "IntelliJ IDEA Editions Comparison". JetBrains. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "Built-in SBT Support in IntelliJ IDEA 13". JetBrains. 18 November 2013.
- "IDE Connectors". Atlassian.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to IntelliJ IDEA.|