Kilburn Park tube station
Location of Kilburn Park in Central London
|Local authority||London Borough of Brent|
|Managed by||London Underground|
|Number of platforms||2|
|London Underground annual entry and exit|
|Added to list||15 March 1979|
|Lists of stations|
|London Transport portalCoordinates:|
Kilburn Park tube station is a Grade II listed London Underground station at Kilburn in the London Borough of Brent. The station is on the Bakerloo line, between Queen's Park and Maida Vale stations, and is in Travelcard Zone 2.
Kilburn Park was opened on 31 January 1915 as the temporary terminus of the Bakerloo line's extension from Paddington station towards Queen's Park. Services were extended to Queen's Park on 11 February 1915. At the extension's opening, Maida Vale station was not complete and the previous station was Warwick Avenue until 6 June 1915. The station building was designed by Stanley Heaps in a modified version of the earlier Leslie Green designed Bakerloo line stations with glazed terra cotta façades but without the large semi-circular windows at first floor level. It was one of the first London Underground stations built specifically to use escalators rather than lifts.
- "Multi-year station entry-and-exit figures" (XLS). London Underground station passenger usage data. Transport for London. 2014. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- "KILBURN PARK UNDERGROUND STATION". National Heritage List for England. English Heritage.
- Rose, Douglas (1999). The London Underground, A Diagrammatic History. Douglas Rose/Capital Transport. ISBN 1-85414-219-4.
- The first escalator on the Underground was installed at Earl's Court in 1911. The first station built specifically for escalators was the new Central line station at Liverpool Street in 1912. All deep-tube stations built after 1913 were built with escalators - Wolmar, Christian (2004). "Beginning to Make Sense". The Subterranean Railway: How the London Underground Was Built and How It Changed the City Forever. Atlantic Books. pp. 205–206. ISBN 1-84354-023-1.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kilburn Park tube station.|
- London's Transport Museum Photographic Archive
|Preceding station||London Underground||Following station|
towards Harrow & Wealdstone
towards Elephant & Castle