List of companies in Jacksonville, Florida
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: the article does not follow the Wikipedia style guide. (January 2014)|
Harbor improvements since the late 19th century have made Jacksonville a major military and civilian deep-water port. Its riverine location facilitates two U.S. Navy bases and the Port of Jacksonville, Florida's third largest seaport.
Interstate Highways 10 and 95 intersect in Jacksonville, creating the busiest intersection in the region with 200,000 vehicles each day. Interstate 10 ends at this intersection (the other end being in Santa Monica, California).
Three significant freight railroads call Jacksonville home, and there are four public airports available: Jacksonville International Airport, Jacksonville Executive at Craig Airport, Herlong Recreational Airport and Cecil Airport at Cecil Commerce Center.
To emphasize the city's transportation capabilities, the Jacksonville Regional Chamber of Commerce filed Jacksonville America's Logistics Center as a trademark on November 9, 2007. It was formally registered on August 4, 2009. Cornerstone began promoting the city as "Jacksonville: America's Logistics Center" in 2009. Signs were added to the existing city limit markers on Interstate 95.
Companies in BOLD with an asterisk* indicates a major employer in excess of 2,000 employees.
Fortune 1000 Companies
- CSX Corporation*
- Fidelity National Financial
- Fidelity National Information Services
- Landstar System, Inc.
- PSS World Medical
Based in Jacksonville
The number in parentheses is the rank of the largest private companies in Florida
Based in Jacksonville Metropolitan area
- Association of Tennis Professionals
- PGA Tour
- Ponte Vedra Inn and Club
- Ring Power
- Tournament Players Club
- Tree of Life
- World Golf Village
Strong Presence in Jacksonville
Former Presence in Jacksonville
- Arthur Treacher's
- Atlantic Coast Line Railroad
- Barnett Bank
- Bombardier Capital
- Burger King
- Charter Company
- Husk Jennings
- Lil' Champ Food Stores
- Norman Studios
- Offshore Power Systems
- St. Joe Company
- Seaboard Air Line Railroad
- Seaboard Coast Line Railroad
- Stockton, Whatley, Davin & Co.
- Technology Point International
- "US Port Ranking by Cargo Volume 2008" American Association of Port Authorities
- Hannan, Larry: "Jacksonville’s scrambled I-10/I-95 intersection transforming traffic until 2011" Florida Times-Union, June 7, 2010
- "Jacksonville America's Logistics Center" ZIBB Business News
- Bauerlein, David: "New signs help tout Duval County" Florida Times-Union, April 21, 2009
- Harding, Abel (April 3, 2010). "Golf tourism a boon for Northeast Florida". The Florida Times-Union. Retrieved October 26, 2010.
- "Jacksonville". Encyclopaedia Britannica. Retrieved November 21, 2011.
- Jacksonville Resource Links
- Jacksonville Better Business Bureau
- Jacksonville Business Exchange
- Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce
- Jacksonville Economic Development Commission