List of social nudity places in South America
- Buenos Aires
- Tambaba: sandy beach, Paraíba State, north of Recife
- Praia do Abricó, beach west of Rio de Janeiro (Note: no land and restricted cellular telephone service - some providers do not cover this area.)
- Praia da Galheta, a partially deserted clothes-optional beach on the east coast of Florianópolis (can be reached only by foot)
- Praia do Pinho, beach located at in Santa Catarina State, next to Balneário Camboriú (often simply referred to as Balneário by locals), near Florianópolis
- Massarandupió, beach in Bahia State, about 100 km north of Salvador
- Barra Seca, beach in Espirito Santo State, about 60 km of Linhares
- Tayrona Park, West from Cabo San Juan all the way until you can go no further and there's a nudist beach.
In Uruguay, it is allowed for women to be naked from the waist up on all beaches. If someone complains to the coast guard, the latter will ask the woman to cover; if she refuses, she must abandon the beach. This is only true for beaches with a coast guard. In other cases, in the absence of competent authority, almost everything is done.