List of social nudity places in South America
Includes topfree beaches, clothing-optional beaches (or nude beaches) and some resorts. Topfree beaches allow women to sunbathe without a bikini top or other clothing above the waist. Clothing-optional beaches allow either sex to sunbathe with or without clothing above or below the waist. A nude beach may also be an obligatory nude area, which means that both sexes are obliged to go without clothing above as well as below the waist.
- Buenos Aires: Playa Escondida() (Hidden Beach) Nude beach located at is about 25 km. south of Mar del Plata and a few minutes of Miramar.
Public nudity is a misdemeanor in Brazil, except in officially designated places, by local authority.
- Tambaba: sandy beach, Paraíba State, north of Recife
- Praia do Abricó, beach west of Rio de Janeiro (Note: no land and restricted cellular telephone service - some providers do not cover this area.)
- Praia da Galheta, Santa Catarina, a partially deserted clothes-optional beach on the east coast of Florianópolis (can be reached only by foot)
- Pedras Altas, Santa Catarina, between Florianópolis and Garopaba,
- Praia do Pinho, beach located at in Santa Catarina State, next to Balneário Camboriú (often simply referred to as Balneário by locals), near Florianópolis
- Massarandupió, beach in Bahia State, about 100 km north of Salvador on BA-099
- Barra Seca, beach in Espirito Santo State, about 60 km north of Linhares
- Olho de Boi (Bull's Eye Beach) is one of the beaches in Búzios, in Rio de Janeiro State, and the most popular official nude beach in Brazil for gays.
- Jurubá - in the historic city of Paraty, in the state of Rio
- Praia Brava - Shared by nudists and surfers from Cabo Frio, in the state of Rio
- Tayrona Park, West from Cabo San Juan all the way until you can go no further and there's a nudist beach.
Resorts and pools
Unlike public beaches, these are private property which admits the public.