List of social nudity places in Europe
- 1 Austria
- 2 Belgium
- 3 Croatia
- 4 Czech Republic
- 5 Denmark
- 6 Estonia
- 7 Finland
- 8 France
- 9 Germany
- 10 Greece
- 11 Hungary
- 12 Ireland
- 13 Italy
- 14 Latvia
- 15 Lithuania
- 16 Montenegro
- 17 Netherlands
- 18 Norway
- 19 Poland
- 20 Portugal
- 21 Romania
- 22 Russia
- 23 Serbia
- 24 Slovakia
- 25 Spain
- 26 Sweden
- 27 Turkey
- 28 Ukraine
- 29 United Kingdom
- 30 References
- Keutschacher See
- Tigringer See
- Upper Austria
- Bredene: the only nude beach in Belgium.
- Topfree sunbathing is tolerated on all beaches.
- Naturistencamping Grensland: a small nude camping near to Antwerp
- Istria peninsula
- Kvarner gulf
- Central Dalmatia
- South Dalmatia
- About 100 officially recognized naturist localities.
- Public nudity is not illegal in the Czech Republic, but it may be regulated by local authorities. Also, someone may feel offended by nudity, so one should properly assess the local situation beforehand.
- Topfree is tolerated on all places.
- A large number of clothing-optional beaches exist throughout the country; see the map.
Estonian naturist beaches are overseen by NGO Estnat (closed in 2012). No tickets are necessary.
- Tallinn, an unofficial, but tolerated naturist beach. Situated about 3 km north-east of the ferry port, at the very northern end of textiler beach.
- Tartu unofficial naturist lawn beach is situated right next the city one in the end of Ranna tee (on the other side of Emajõgi river from Supilinna pond.
- Pärnu, also unofficial but tolerated woman's and men's beach between official beach and Pärnu river.
- Narva-Jõesuu nude beach - the only official nude beach in Estonia. Located near Narva-Jõesuu town, 2 km SW from the town border.
- Pihlajasaari: Has a unisex nudist beach, consisting almost entirely of rocky cliffs, with no sand. Not very suitable for swimming.
- Seurasaari: Separate nudist beaches for men and women. No unisex nudist area.
- Yrjönkatu Swimming Hall: a swimming hall in a historic architecture. Gender separated by day of week.
- Yyteri: A very small part of the main Yyteri beach is designated as a unisex nudist beach. A flat beach covered in sand and much more suitable for swimming than Pihlajasaari.
- Many naturist resorts exist on the Atlantic coast, e.g. CHM Montalivet, Euronat, La Jenny.
- Cap d'Agde, Quartier Naturiste (Nudist Quarter): sandy beach, several swimming pools, but also nude shopping
- Île du Levant - Héliopolis, Plage des Grottes
- Plage de Pampelonne in Ramatuelle near Saint-Tropez
- Plage du Layet near Cavalière.
- There are beaches on many rivers, some well known, some informal: Céze, Ardeche, Truyère
- Topfreedom is tolerated (and common) on almost all beaches
- Public nudity is not illegal in Germany but may be regulated by local authorities mostly because of safety and health issues, not morality. Apart from urban areas and public baths (which often offer nude swimming days), nude bathing is common in Germany: unofficial clothing optional areas exist at most lakes and rivers and other sites, such as abandoned sand and rock quarries.
- Many designated Freikörperkultur (FKK – Free Body Culture) areas exist at the seaside, at lakes and in baths, especially in the former East Germany, where nudism remains more widespread than in the west. Many unregulated clothing optional (FKK) free beaches are available along the Nordsee and Baltic seashores, Rügen and other islands. The attitude is: all beaches are nude beaches until somebody complains.
- Families especially like to spend their leisure time in naturist areas; sauna bathing is generally practiced in the nude.
- Even in cities there are clothing-optional areas, e.g. the riverside parks on the Rhine in Cologne (Köln), Bonn, Düessldorf, the public beach (Strandbad) at Tegeler See in Berlin, Schönfeldwiese in the Englischer Garten in Munich, near the city centre; also, the southern part of Feldmochinger See, in the northwestern suburb, the peninsula in Lake Feringasee in the Northeast and the Flaucher at the river Isar south of the city center of Munich.
- Baden-Baden German city located near the French border. This city has many natural mineral springs and numerous clothes free bath houses are located.
- Naturism is practised widely in the Greek Islands although, strictly speaking, legal only in a relatively few designated locations but almost on all islands there are unofficial nudist beaches.
- Crete - Filaki beach, the only official nudist beach near Vritomartis naturist resort
- Crete - the beach of Glyka Nera near Loutro
- Crete - Diskos Near Lentos
- Crete - Plakias - south-eastern part of the beach
- Crete - - North from Matala, a very long nude beach - south part of the beach used by clothed people
- Crete - Sougia - eastern part of the beach
- Santorini - Vlychada beach - southern part of the beach
- Northern Sporades - Skopelos island - Velanio
- Topfree is tolerated on almost all beaches.
- Délegyháza, lake no. 5 – 30 km south from Budapest
- Látóképi-tó (Látókép)
- Szalk (Szalkszentmárton)
- Szeged-Kiskundorozsma, Sziksósfürdö (aka "Sziki")
- Brittas Bay, County Wicklow.
- Corballis, Donabate, County Dublin.
- Roundstone, County Galway.
- Silver Strand Beach, Barna, County Galway.
- West Cork, County Cork.
- Calabria, Isola di Capo Rizzuto
- Emilia-Romagna, spiaggia nudista ufficiale del Lido di Dante. Located at
- Emilia-Romagna, a beach on the River Trebbia near Bobbio - km 81. state road 45, a place suitable for all.
- Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Cava Casali beach near Sistiana and Duino Trieste – km. 137 state road 14.
- Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Costa dei Barbari beach near Sistiana and Duino Trieste – km. 139 state road 14.
- Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Filtri beach near Sistiana and Grignano Trieste – km. 143 state road 14, very difficult to reach.
- Lazio, Arenauta beach near Sperlonga– km. 24,5 state road 213.
- Lazio, to the south-west, on the Tirrenian sea, is found the Oasi di Capocotta. Official nudist beach on the coast between Ostia and Torvaianica.
- Lazio, to the north is located the small lake Lake Martignano, near Falconeto and Anguillara Sabazia. Entrance from the Anguillarese road, beach located at . The side to the right of the main beach, very far from the entrance, is reserved to nudism (avoid bringing music).
- Liguria, Guvano beach near Corniglia - The beach is accessible, from the railway station, via a disused railway tunnel.
- Liguria, Chiavari beach (an unofficial, but tolerated naturist beach, at the very western end of textiler beach).
- Lombardia La Rocca nude beach in Manerba del Garda located at nudism from 1956. Official Lake Garda nudist beach.
- Sardegna Hundreds of small, secluded beaches can occasionally become nudist corners. Traditional places are the beaches Cala di Volpe, Liscia di Vacca, to the north of Pitrizza Hotel and Piccolo Pevero beach, the far side to the right after the rocks.
- Sardegna Capo Falcone near Stintino.
- Sicilia beach of Capofeto in Mazara del vallo
- Sicilia beach of Casello 41 in Selinunte
- Toscana A nudist beach is in Capalbio tuscany.Go to Macchiatonda beach, at the beach house you have to walk for 20 minutes east. A beautiful community of nudists on the weekends, quiet neighborhood, a beautiful beach, clear water . You can walk barefoot for miles. at Coordinates: www.capalbionaturist.altervista.org/
- Toscana in S.Vincenzo (LI). Official nudist beach called "Nido dell'Aquila" 
- Toscana in Elba island, the beaches Acquarilli Capoliveri and Fetovaia.
- Veneto beach in Isola del Morto island, swinger paradise near Eraclea.
- Veneto Baia delle sirene nude beach at Punta S. Vigilio near the town of Garda (VR).
Latvian naturist beaches are overseen by the "Latvian Naturist Association".
- Vecāķi official naturist beach. The biggest of Latvia's naturist beaches, situated a little way north of Vecāķi village. To get there from Riga take the Riga-Saulkrasti railway line and get off at Vecāķi or bus Nr200&204.
- Inčupe naturist beach. A medium sized beach, situated near the Saulkrasti railway line on the southern bank of the Inčupe river about 50 km from Riga.
- Lielupe beach. A small, unofficial naturist beach, on the left bank of the Lielupe river delta.
- Ventspils city has an official naturist beach.
- Liepāja unofficial naturist beach. Also quite small, situated about 3 km south of Liepaja.
Naturist beaches in Lithuania are overseen by local communities.
- Palanga beach - A small, unofficial naturist beach, about 30 km from the Latvian border. Naturists only use this place at certain hours of the day.
- Klaipeda naturist beach - A large official naturist beach. Access by ferry going to Delfinarium (Sea Museum) situated on the Curonian Spit.
- Nida naturist beach - A very large, official naturist beach. Located on the north shore of the Curonian Spit, just a few kilometers east of the border of Russian Kaliningrad enclave.
- Ada Bojana, the biggest nudist beach in the country
- Jaz, the southernmost part of the beach used to be declared nudist but was made regular in 2007
- Ratac, is outside Bar in the direction of Budva, near Sutomore
- Njivice, a village on the south-western shore of the Bay of Hecrg Novi (Boka Kotorska bay) the nudist beach is located on Hotel Riviers's beach
- Camp Full Monte, A clothing optional, off-grid, eco campsite close the Montenegro/Croatia border crossing, run by an English couple.
- Almere, Zilverstrand
- Amsterdam, Amsterdamse Bos, Zonneweide (from April 1 through September 30)
- Amsterdam a small beach near the lake Gasperplas (Metro station:Gasperplas).
- Bussloo, longest nude beach in the Netherlands
- Bloemendaal aan Zee, nude beach at the north part of the beach
- Callantsoog, sandy beach 1.5 km to the south - the oldest official nude beach in the country, dating from 1973
- Delft, Grote Plas, northeast side
- Scheveningen, The Hague, sandy beach 1 km to the north
- The Hague, Zuiderstrand, approx. 300 m of sandy beach
- Kijkduin, The Hague, 2 beaches
- IJmuiden, nude beach at the south part of the beach
- Zandvoort, sandy beach 2 km to the south
- In the Netherlands tanning top free is legal on almost all beaches. Municipalities with a beach (usually including quiet parts) tend to have a nudist beach; even if the municipality does not like it, it designates a quiet part as such in order to be able to forbid nudity on the rest of the beach.
- In and around Oslo
- In and around Bergen
- At the sea
- Ilha de Tavira in Algarve
- Praia do Meco in Sesimbra near Lisbon
- Praia da Bela Vista near Lisbon
- Praia do Salto near Porto Covo, Alentejo
- Cabanas Velhas beach near Lagos,_Portugal, Algarve
- Praia de Adegas in Alentejo
- Rio Alto Beach in Póvoa de Varzim, near Oporto
- Duna Alta beach near Oporto
Topfree is tolerated on all beaches.
- The Dunes Beach near Sestroretsk (north of St. Petersburg)
- Loo (Sochi)
- Serebryanyi Bor (Moscow)
- Zlaté Piesky
- Senec - štrkovisko u Slnečných jazier
- Nové Mesto nad Váhom - Zelená Voda
- Ratnovská zátoka
- Nové Košariská
- Harčáš (Komárno)
- Bešeňová thermal park
- Geča (Košice)
- Liptovská Mara
Public nudity on the beach is not illegal in Spain
- Charco del Palo on the island Lanzarote
- Maspalomas on the island Gran Canaria
- Playa del Inglés on the island Gran Canaria
- La Caleta on the 2 wild beaches (one sand, one rocky), over the cliffs to the north of the town on the island of Tenerife
- El Fonoll in Catalonia
- Formentera (Balearic Islands).
- Vera Playa in Almería (province)
- Bolnuevo and El Portús, in Región de Murcia.
- Mar Bella beach is the primary clothing optional beach for the city of Barcelona.
- Praia de Figueiras also known as "Praia dos Alemáns" on the Cíes Islands in Galicia.
Although nudism is not illegal, it's preferable to practice it on beaches meant for that specific purpose. This is a list of nudist beaches
- Stockholm area:
- Ågesta Nude Beach: Official nude beach on Magelungen, maintained by NF EOS, the Scandinavian Naturalist Federation. Located about 10 km south of central Stockholm ( ).
- Långholmen: Unofficial ("spontaneous") nude beach, located on the western end of Långholmen island ( ).
- Källtorp Nude Beach: Unofficial ("spontaneous") nude beach, located about 6 km southeast of central Stockholm, on the southeastern end of Källtorp lake ( ). The beach is rocky and there are no public conveniences.
- PGs Udde Nude Beach: Unofficial ("spontaneous") nude beach, located about 5 km southeast of central Stockholm, on the northern end of Källtorp lake ( ).
- Gothenburg area:
- Patara Beach. This is the longest sandy beach in Turkey and one of the largest in the whole Mediterranean. More than 20 km of sand where many people go completely naked after certain distance to the public. Naked people also socialize with each other too. Local police and gendarme know about the status and no problem with nudity.
- Bodrum Haremtan. This is actually a rocky wild shore where mostly gays go there to socialize naked. Since the shore is very visible from the Bodrum port entry, it seems many of the locals know about the place. It is also very old and have been visited for more than 15 years.
- Altinkum Cesme. This is a very nice nude beach where many people of every orientation visit. You can see locals, tourists, men, women fully naked in Summer. Beware of pickpockets and park your cars etc. in safe locations. (That seems a bit odd, to "beware of Pickpockets" at a nude beach)
- Lakeside Farm Lincolnshire, naturist resort low cost accommodation, caravan and camping pitches near Skegness
- Acorns In Devon, Devon, Naturist Retreat
- Parson's Pleasure, Oxford (closed in 1991)
- Holkham Beach, Norfolk
- Corton Beach, near Lowestoft, Suffolk
- St Osyth, near Clacton-on-Sea, Essex
- Highgate Ponds, Hampstead Heath, London
- Leysdown East Beach, Isle of Sheppey, North Kent
- Fairlight Glen, near Hastings, East Sussex
- Birling Gap, between Eastbourne and Seaford, East Sussex
- Brighton, East Sussex
- Hill Head Beach, Stubbington, Hampshire (below cliffs, quarter mile west of beach huts near Titchfield Haven)
- Eastney Beach, Portsmouth, Hampshire
- Blackgang Beach, near Blackgang Chine, Isle of Wight
- Studland Bay, Dorset - most famous UK nudist beach, now officially approved (after years of controversy) by landowner the National Trust
- Ringstead Bay, Weymouth, Dorset
- Weston Mouth, near Sidmouth, South Devon
- Budleigh Salterton, South Devon
- Slapton Sands, between Dartmouth and Kingsbridge, South Devon
- Downderry, South East Cornwall
- Morfa Dyffryn, between Barmouth and Harlech, Gwynedd
- Tything Barn, Pembrokeshire, West Wales, naturist site
- Cleat's Shore, Isle of Arran, Firth of Clyde
- Ardeer, North Ayrshire, Firth of Clyde
- Topless tolerated on most beaches.
- et:Eesti Naturistide Ühing
- "Top nudist destinations in Ireland - Irish beaches ranked amongst world's best". IrishCentral. 2012-01-20.
- Andrei Samartsev. "The Dunes Beach". Dunesspb.byethost7.com. Retrieved 2013-04-22.
- Playas nudistas de España
- "Agesta Nude Beach". About.com. Retrieved January 25, 2012.
- Template:Cire web