List of social nudity places in Europe
- 1 Austria
- 2 Belgium
- 3 Croatia
- 4 Czech Republic
- 5 Denmark
- 6 Estonia
- 7 Finland
- 8 France
- 9 Germany
- 10 Greece
- 11 Hungary
- 12 Ireland
- 13 Italy
- 14 Latvia
- 15 Lithuania
- 16 Montenegro
- 17 Netherlands
- 18 Norway
- 19 Poland
- 20 Portugal
- 21 Romania
- 22 Russia
- 23 Serbia
- 24 Slovakia
- 25 Spain
- 26 Sweden
- 27 Turkey
- 28 Ukraine
- 29 United Kingdom
- 30 References
In Vienna the following beaches can be found
Topfree sunbathing is tolerated on all beaches.
- Bredene is the only official nude beach in Belgium.
- Naturistencamping Grensland is a small nude camping near to Antwerp
Croatia has a well developed naturist culture with camp sites and hotels specifically catering for naturists. Naturism has been big in Croatia ever since King Edward VIII and his then mistress, Wallace Simpson, were allowed to swim nude at one of Rab's beaches in 1936.
On the Istria peninsula the following nude beaches and resorts can be found:
- Village & Camping Koversada, located at near Vrsar is the biggest and one of the first naturist resorts in Europe.
- Camping Valalta, located at near Rovinj.
- Naturist Resort Solaris, located at near Poreč.
- Naturist Camping Istra, located at near Poreč.
In the Kvarner gulf the following nude beaches and resorts can be found:
- On Cres island there are two beautiful beaches with naturist hotels and camping, one is Kovačine near the town of Cres, and the other is Baldarin near Punta Križa, located at .
- On Krk island there are a number of naturist beaches and at least two naturist camping resorts, namely Camping Konobe and Naturist Camp Bunculuka Camping Konobe is located at and Naturist Camp Bunculuka is located at . Camping Politin, now known as Camping Krk was a naturist resort but is now a textile only campsite
- Losinj island, Mali Lošinj, FKK beaches like Sunčana Uvala located around .
In Dalmatia gulf the following nude beaches and resorts can be found:
- Kasuni beach, Split.
- Nugal beach, between Makarska and Tucepi.
- Sv. Petar beach, central Makarska town.
- Lokrum island (beach), Dubrovnik.
- There are about one hundred officially recognized naturist localities; see list of places
Estonian naturist beaches are overseen by NGO Estnat (closed in 2012). No tickets are necessary.
- Tallinn, an unofficial, but tolerated naturist beach. Situated about 3 km north-east of the ferry port, at the very northern end of textiler beach.
- Tartu unofficial naturist lawn beach is situated right next the city one in the end of Ranna tee (on the other side of Emajõgi river from Supilinna pond.
- Pärnu, also unofficial but tolerated woman's and men's beach between official beach and Pärnu river.
- Narva-Jõesuu nude beach - the only official nude beach in Estonia. Located near Narva-Jõesuu town, 2 km SW from the town border.
- Pihlajasaari: Has a unisex nudist beach, consisting almost entirely of rocky cliffs, with no sand. Not very suitable for swimming.
- Seurasaari: Separate nudist beaches for men and women. No unisex nudist area.
- Yrjönkatu Swimming Hall: a swimming hall in a historic architecture. Gender separated by day of week.
- Yyteri: A very small part of the main Yyteri beach is designated as a unisex nudist beach. A flat beach covered in sand and much more suitable for swimming than Pihlajasaari.
- There are many naturist resorts on the Atlantic coast, for example CHM Montalivet, Euronat and La Jenny.
- The Mediterranean seaside town of Cap d'Agde has a large naturist village with sandy beach, several swimming pools, but also nude shopping.
- Leucate Naturist Villages, and a 1,200 metres (1,300 yd) long beach is one the best places on Mediterranean to practise naturism
- Aphrodite Village, Oasis Village are open 300 days per year.
- Île du Levant, an island in the Mediterranean Sea has a nudist town, Héliopolis, and a nudist beach known as Plage des Grottes.
- Plage de Pampelonne in Ramatuelle near Saint-Tropez
- Plage du Layet near Cavalière.
- There are beaches on many rivers, some well known, some informal: Céze, Ardeche, Truyère
- Topfreedom is tolerated (and common) on almost all beaches
Public nudity is not illegal in Germany but may be regulated by local authorities mostly because of safety and health issues, not morality. Apart from urban areas and public baths (which often offer nude swimming days), nude bathing is common in Germany: unofficial clothing optional areas exist at most lakes and rivers and other sites, such as abandoned sand and rock quarries. Many designated Freikörperkultur (FKK – Free Body Culture) areas exist at the seaside, at lakes and in baths, especially in the former East Germany, where nudism remains more widespread than in the west. Many unregulated clothing optional (FKK) free beaches are available along the Nordsee and Baltic seashores, Rügen and other islands. The attitude is: all beaches are nude beaches until somebody complains. Families especially like to spend their leisure time in naturist areas; sauna bathing is generally practiced in the nude. Even in cities there are clothing-optional areas, e.g. the riverside parks on the Rhine in Cologne (Köln), Bonn, Düessldorf, the public beach (Strandbad) at Tegeler See in Berlin,
The list of social nudity places in Germany includes:
- The Schönfeldwiese in the Englischer Garten, Munich as well as the southern part of Feldmochinger See, in the northwestern suburb, the peninsula in Lake Feringasee in the northeast and the Flaucher at the river Isar south of the city center of Munich.
- The Tiergarten, Berlin
- Wannsee, Berlin
- Baden-Baden is a city located near the French border. This city has many natural mineral springs and numerous clothes free bath houses are located.
Naturism is practised widely in the Greek Islands although, strictly speaking, legal only in a relatively few designated locations but almost on all islands there are unofficial nudist beaches. Topfree is tolerated on almost all beaches.
Beaches and resorts in Crete inlcude:
- Filaki beach the only official nudist beach near the Vritomartis naturist resort.
- Glyka Nera near Loutro.
- Diskos near Lentos.
- Plakias, the south-eastern part of the beach is used by naturists.
- North ofMatala there is a very long nude beach, the southern end of the beach is used by clothed people.
- Sougia, the eastern part of the beach if for nude bathing.
- Vlychada beach on Santorini; the southern part of the beach is used by naturists.
- Velanio beach on Skopelos island, Northern Sporades.
- Délegyháza, lake no. 5 – 30 km south from Budapest
- Látóképi-tó (Látókép)
- Szalk (Szalkszentmárton)
- Szeged-Kiskundorozsma, Sziksósfürdö (aka "Sziki")
- Brittas Bay,County Wicklow.
- Corballis, Donabate, County Dublin.
- Roundstone, County Galway.
- Silver Strand Beach, Barna, County Galway.
- West Cork, County Cork.
Beaches in Calabria are:
Beaches in Emilia-Romagna are:
- Spiaggia nudista ufficiale del Lido di Dante. Located at
- A beach on the River Trebbia near Bobbio - km 81. state road 45, a place suitable for all.
Beaches in Friuli-Venezia Giulia are:
- Cava Casali beach near Sistiana and Duino Trieste – km. 137 state road 14.
- Costa dei Barbari beach near Sistiana and Duino Trieste – km. 139 state road 14.
- Filtri beach near Sistiana and Grignano Trieste – km. 143 state road 14, very difficult to reach.
Beaches in Lazio are:
- Arenauta beach near Sperlonga– km. 24,5 state road 213.
- Oasi di Capocotta, to the south-west, on the Tirrenian sea, an official nudist beach on the coast between Ostia and Torvaianica.
- Lake Martignano, a small lake near Falconeto and Anguillara Sabazia. Entrance from the Anguillarese road, beach located at . The side to the right of the main beach, very far from the entrance, is reserved to nudism (avoid bringing music).
Beaches in Liguria are:
- Guvano beach near Corniglia - The beach is accessible, from the railway station, via a disused railway tunnel.
- Chiavari beach (an unofficial, but tolerated naturist beach, at the very western end of textiler beach).
Beaches in Lombardia are:
- La Rocca nude beach in Manerba del Garda located at nudism from 1956. Official Lake Garda nudist beach.
Beaches in Sardegna are:
- Hundreds of small, secluded beaches can occasionally become nudist corners. Traditional places are the beaches Cala di Volpe, Liscia di Vacca, to the north of Pitrizza Hotel and Piccolo Pevero beach, the far side to the right after the rocks.
- Capo Falcone near Stintino.
Beaches in Sicilia are:
Beaches in Toscana are:
- A nudist beach is in Capalbio. Go to Macchiatonda beach, at the beach house you have to walk for 20 minutes east. A beautiful community of nudists on the weekends, quiet neighborhood, a beautiful beach, clear water . You can walk barefoot for miles. Located at
- Official nudist beach called "Nido dell'Aquila"
- On Elba island, the beaches Acquarilli Capoliveri and Fetovaia.
Beaches in Veneto are:
- Isola del Morto island, swinger paradise near Eraclea.
- Baia delle sirene nude beach at Punta S. Vigilio near the town of Garda (VR).
Latvian naturist beaches are overseen by the "Latvian Naturist Association".
- Vecāķi official naturist beach. The biggest of Latvia's naturist beaches, situated a little way north of Vecāķi village. To get there from Riga take the Riga-Saulkrasti railway line and get off at Vecāķi or bus Nr200&204.
- Inčupe naturist beach. A medium sized beach, situated near the Saulkrasti railway line on the southern bank of the Inčupe river about 50 km from Riga.
- Lielupe beach. A small, unofficial naturist beach, on the left bank of the Lielupe river delta.
- Ventspils city has an official naturist beach.
- Liepāja unofficial naturist beach. Also quite small, situated about 3 km south of Liepaja.
Naturist beaches in Lithuania are overseen by local communities.
- Palanga beach - A small, unofficial naturist beach, about 30 km from the Latvian border. Naturists only use this place at certain hours of the day.
- Klaipeda naturist beach - A large official naturist beach. Access by ferry going to Delfinarium (Sea Museum) situated on the Curonian Spit.
- Nida naturist beach - A very large, official naturist beach. Located on the north shore of the Curonian Spit, just a few kilometers east of the border of Russian Kaliningrad enclave.
- Ada Bojana, the biggest nudist beach in the country
- Jaz, the southernmost part of the beach used to be declared nudist but was made regular in 2007
- Ratac, is outside Bar in the direction of Budva, near Sutomore
- Njivice, a village on the south-western shore of the Bay of Hecrg Novi (Boka Kotorska bay) the nudist beach is located on Hotel Riviers's beach
- Camp Full Monte, A clothing optional, off-grid, eco campsite close the Montenegro/Croatia border crossing, run by an English couple.
In the Netherlands tanning top free is legal on almost all beaches. Municipalities with a beach (usually including quiet parts) tend to have a nudist beach; even if the municipality does not like it, it designates a quiet part as such in order to be able to forbid nudity on the rest of the beach.
- Almere, Zilverstrand
- Amsterdam, Amsterdamse Bos, Zonneweide (from April 1 through September 30)
- Amsterdam a small beach near the lake Gasperplas (Metro station:Gasperplas).
- Bussloo, longest nude beach in the Netherlands
- Bloemendaal aan Zee, nude beach at the north part of the beach
- Callantsoog, sandy beach 1.5 km to the south - the oldest official nude beach in the country, dating from 1973
- Delft, Grote Plas, northeast side
- Scheveningen, The Hague, sandy beach 1 km to the north
- The Hague, Zuiderstrand, approx. 300 m of sandy beach
- Kijkduin, The Hague, 2 beaches
- IJmuiden, nude beach at the south part of the beach
- Zandvoort, sandy beach 2 km to the south
- In and around Oslo
- In and around Bergen
- At the sea
- Ilha de Tavira in Algarve
- Praia do Meco in Sesimbra near Lisbon
- Praia da Bela Vista near Lisbon
- Praia do Salto near Porto Covo, Alentejo
- Cabanas Velhas beach near Lagos, Portugal, Algarve
- Praia de Adegas in Alentejo
- Rio Alto Beach in Póvoa de Varzim, near Oporto
- Duna Alta beach near Oporto
Topfree is tolerated on all beaches.
- The Dunes Beach near Sestroretsk (north of St. Petersburg)
- Loo (Sochi)
- Serebryanyi Bor (Moscow)
- Zlaté Piesky
- Senec - štrkovisko u Slnečných jazier
- Nové Mesto nad Váhom - Zelená Voda
- Ratnovská zátoka
- Nové Košariská
- Harčáš (Komárno)
- Bešeňová thermal park
- Geča (Košice)
- Liptovská Mara
Public nudity on the beach is not illegal in Spain
- Charco del Palo on the island Lanzarote
- The Magnolias Natura hotel is in Maspalomas, Gran Canaria 
- Playa del Inglés on the island Gran Canaria
- La Caleta on the 2 wild beaches (one sand, one rocky), over the cliffs to the north of the town on the island of Tenerife
- The Gran Hotel Natura is in Corralejo, Fuerteventura 
- El Fonoll in Catalonia
- Formentera (Balearic Islands).
- Vera Playa in Almería (province)
- Bolnuevo and El Portús, in Región de Murcia.
- Mar Bella beach is the primary clothing optional beach for the city of Barcelona.
- Praia de Figueiras also known as "Praia dos Alemáns" on the Cíes Islands in Galicia.
Although nudism is not illegal, it's preferable to practice it on beaches meant for that specific purpose. This is a list of nudist beaches
- Stockholm area:
- Ågesta Nude Beach: Official nude beach on Magelungen, maintained by NF EOS, the Scandinavian Naturalist Federation. Located about 10 km south of central Stockholm ( ).
- Långholmen: Unofficial ("spontaneous") nude beach, located on the western end of Långholmen island ( ).
- Källtorp Nude Beach: Unofficial ("spontaneous") nude beach, located about 6 km southeast of central Stockholm, on the southeastern end of Källtorp lake ( ). The beach is rocky and there are no public conveniences.
- PGs Udde Nude Beach: Unofficial ("spontaneous") nude beach, located about 5 km southeast of central Stockholm, on the northern end of Källtorp lake ( ).
- Gothenburg area:
- Patara Beach. This is the longest sandy beach in Turkey and one of the largest in the whole Mediterranean. More than 20 km of sand where many people go completely naked after certain distance to the public. Naked people also socialize with each other too. Local police and gendarme know about the status and no problem with nudity.
- Bodrum Haremtan. This is actually a rocky wild shore where mostly gays go there to socialize naked. Since the shore is very visible from the Bodrum port entry, it seems many of the locals know about the place. It is also very old and have been visited for more than 15 years.
- Altinkum Cesme. This is a very nice nude beach where many people of every orientation visit. You can see locals, tourists, men, women fully naked in Summer. Beware of pickpockets and park your cars etc. in safe locations. (That seems a bit odd, to "beware of Pickpockets" at a nude beach)
- Acorns In Devon, Devon
- Birling Gap, between Eastbourne and Seaford, East Sussex
- Blackgang Beach, near Blackgang Chine, Isle of Wight
- Cliff beach in Brighton, East Sussex
- Budleigh Salterton, South Devon
- Corton Beach, near Lowestoft, Suffolk
- Downderry, South East Cornwall
- Eastney Beach, Portsmouth, Hampshire
- Fairlight Glen, near Hastings, East Sussex
- Highgate Ponds, Hampstead Heath, London
- Hill Head Beach, Stubbington, Hampshire (below cliffs, quarter mile west of beach huts near Titchfield Haven)
- Holkham Beach, Norfolk
- Lakeside Farm Lincolnshire, naturist resort low cost accommodation, caravan and camping pitches near Skegness
- Leysdown East Beach, Isle of Sheppey, North Kent
- Parson's Pleasure, Oxford (closed in 1991)
- Ringstead Bay, Weymouth, Dorset
- Slapton Sands, between Dartmouth and Kingsbridge, South Devon
- Spielplatz, Hertfordshire naturist resort accommodation, caravan and camping pitches near St Albans
- St Osyth, near Clacton-on-Sea, Essex
- Studland Bay, Dorset - most famous UK nudist beach, now officially approved (after years of controversy) by landowner the National Trust
- Weston Mouth, near Sidmouth, South Devon
- Cleat's Shore, Isle of Arran, Firth of Clyde
- Ardeer, North Ayrshire, Firth of Clyde
- Topless tolerated on most beaches.
- Southerden, Louise (26 October 2014). "Kayaking holiday in Croatia: Paddle in paradise". Cooma-Monaro Express. Retrieved 2014-10-26.
- Tristan Rutherford (18 June 2014). "Beach bums: Naturist package holiday to Croatia". The Independent. Archived from the original on 2014-06-18. Retrieved 2014-10-26 – via Internet Archive.
- Bradbury, Paul. Hvar: An Insider's Guide to Croatia's Premier Island. Xentral Methods. pp. 146–. ISBN 978-981-08-9405-4.
- Campsite Koversada
- Griest, Stephanie Elizondo (2007). 100 Places Every Woman Should Go. Solas House. pp. 106–. ISBN 978-1-932361-77-3.
- Valalta Naturist
- Naturist Resort Solaris
- Naturist Camping Istra
- Naturist camping Baldarin
- Camping Konobe
- Naturist Camp Bunculuka
- "Naturism on Cres & Krk". Camp Baldarin. Retrieved 2014-10-26.
- Lars Lauridsen (28 October 2014). "Holstebro satser på nøgenbadere". tvmidtvest.dk (in Danish). Retrieved 2014-10-28.
- et:Eesti Naturistide Ühing
- "Europe - Naturist Germany in Destinations". Naturist travel. Retrieved 2014-10-27.
- Vritomartis naturist resort
- "Top nudist destinations in Ireland - Irish beaches ranked amongst world's best". IrishCentral. 2012-01-20.
- Andrei Samartsev. "The Dunes Beach". Dunesspb.byethost7.com. Retrieved 2013-04-22.
- Magnolias Natura hotel
- Gran Hotel Natura
- Playas nudistas de España
- "Agesta Nude Beach". About.com. Retrieved January 25, 2012.
- "Amundön". Scandinavian Naturist Portal. Retrieved February 23, 2014.
- Acorns In Devon
- "Brighton (Kemp Town) - East Sussex - UK Naturist Beach - SWC". Saturday Walkers Club. Retrieved 2014-10-28.
- Lakeside Farm Naturist Holidays