Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb
|Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb|
|Directed by||Shawn Levy|
|Produced by||Shawn Levy
|Screenplay by||Robert Ben Garant
|Based on||Characters created by
Robert Ben Garant
and The Night at the Museum by Milan Trenc
|Music by||Alan Silvestri|
|Edited by||Dean Zimmerman|
|21 Laps Entertainment
|Distributed by||20th Century Fox|
Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb is an upcoming American comedy film directed by Shawn Levy and written by Robert Ben Garant, David Guion, Michael Handelman and Thomas Lennon. It is the sequel to the 2009 film Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian. The film stars Ben Stiller, Rebel Wilson, Robin Williams, Ben Kingsley, Dan Stevens, Owen Wilson, Skyler Gisondo, Steve Coogan and Ricky Gervais. The film is scheduled to be released on December 19, 2014, by 20th Century Fox. It is the third and final installment of the trilogy.
When the magic of Akmenrah's tablet begins to die out, Larry (Ben Stiller) spans the globe, uniting favorite and new characters while embarking on an epic quest to save the magic before it is gone forever.
- Ben Stiller as Larry Daley
- Skyler Gisondo as Nicky Daley
- Rebel Wilson as Mindy, a shocked security guard who comes across surprising after-hours activity.
- Robin Williams as Theodore Roosevelt
- Ben Kingsley as Ahkmenrah's father, a powerful pharaoh and the tablet's creator.
- Dan Stevens as Lancelot
- Owen Wilson as Jedediah
- Ricky Gervais as Dr. McPhee
- Steve Coogan as Octavius
- Rachael Harris as Madeline Phelps
- Patrick Gallagher as Attila the Hun
- Rami Malek as Ahkmenrah
- Mizuo Peck as Sacagawea
- Dick Van Dyke as Cecil Fredericks
- Mickey Rooney as Gus
- Bill Cobbs as Reginald
On January 21, 2010, co-writer Thomas Lennon said to Access Hollywood, "I think it's a really outstanding idea to do Night at the Museum 3, in fact. I wonder if someone's not even already working on a script for that. I cannot confirm that for a fact, but I cannot deny it for a fact either... It might be in the works." In an October 2011, interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Stiller confirmed the sequel, however, he said that it was only in the "ideas stage". It was announced in February 2013 that the film, directed by Shawn Levy, would be released on December 25, 2014. On September 10, 2013, it was announced that shooting would start in February 2014.
On November 8, 2013, English actor Dan Stevens was cast as Lancelot. On November 15, 2013, it was announced Skyler Gisondo would be replacing Jake Cherry for the role of Nicky Daley. On December 18, 2013 it was announced that Robin Williams, Stiller, and Ricky Gervais would be returning for the sequel. On January 9, 2014, it was announced that Rebel Wilson would play a security guard in the British Museum. On January 14, 2014, the film's release date was moved up from December 25, 2014, to December 19, 2014. On January 23, 2014, it was announced Ben Kingsley would play an Egyptian Pharaoh at the British Museum. Principal photography and production began on January 27, 2014. On May 6, 2014, it was announced that the film would be titled Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb.
- "Sneak peek: 'Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb'". Usatoday.com. Retrieved 2014-07-28.
- Fleming, Mike. "Rebel Wilson Joins 'Night At The Museum 3' Cast". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2014-01-28.
- Yamato, Jen. "Skyler Gisondo Set For 'Night At The Museum 3'". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2014-01-28.
- Fleming, Mike. "Ben Kingsley Joins 'Night At The Museum 3'". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2014-01-28.
- Fleming, Mike. "'Downton Abbey's Dan Stevens Joins 'Night At The Museum 3' As Lancelot". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2014-01-28.
- January 11, 2014 (2014-01-11). "Rebel Wilson boards Night at the Museum 3 & He's F***ing Perfect". Heyuguys.co.uk. Retrieved 2014-01-28.
- "Raring to go! A grinning Mickey Rooney, 93, is pushed through airport in wheelchair as he arrives in Canada to film Night At The Museum 3". Dailymail.co.uk. 2014-01-19. Retrieved 2014-03-04.
- "'Night At The Museum 3' In The Works". Access Hollywood. 2010-01-21. Retrieved 2014-01-28.
- "Ben Stiller Reveals 'Zoolander' Sequel Secrets; Future of the Fockers and What He Thinks of 'Tower Heist' Co-Star Eddie Murphy as Oscar Host". The Hollywood Reporter. 2011-10-26. Retrieved 2014-01-28.
- Chitwood, Adam (February 7, 2013). "Shawn Levy Returns to Direct NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 3 for December 25, 2014 Release; THE MAZE RUNNER Set to Open February 14, 2014". Collider. Retrieved February 8, 2013.
- "‘Night At The Museum 3’ In The Works | Access Hollywood - Celebrity News, Photos & Videos". Access Hollywood. January 21, 2010. Retrieved October 29, 2011.
- "Ricky Gervais Reprising In ‘Night At The Museum 3′". Deadline.com. December 18, 2011. Retrieved December 23, 2013.
- Busch, Anita. "Fox Sets Date For 'Planet of the Apes' Project, Moves Romancer 'The Longest Ride' Away From 'Fifty Shades of Grey'; 'Night At the Museum' Now Head to Head With 'The Hobbit'". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2014-01-28.
- "Sir Ben Kingsley Joining Shawn Levy's Night at the Museum 3". Comingsoon.net. January 23, 2014. Retrieved January 23, 2014.
- "On The Set For 1/27/14: Universal’s ‘Ouija’ Wraps, ‘Night At The Museum 3′ Starts For 20th Century Fox ‹ Studio System News". Studiosystemnews.com. Retrieved 2014-01-29.
- "Quiet on set! Ben Stiller and Robin Williams are joined by former Downton Abbey star Dan Stevens as they film Night At The Museum 3 in London". DailyMail.com. January 28, 2014. Retrieved January 28, 2014.
- "Ben Stiller's Third Franchise Adventure is Now Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb.". ComingSoon.net. Retrieved 2014-05-06.
- Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb at the Internet Movie Database
- Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb at Box Office Mojo
- Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb at Rotten Tomatoes
- Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb at Metacritic