Pembroke Township, Kankakee County, Illinois
|— Township —|
|Established||February 17, 1877|
|• Supervisor||Larry Gibbs|
|• Total||52.49 sq mi (135.95 km2)|
|• Land||52.49 sq mi (135.95 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||663 ft (202 m)|
|• Density||53/sq mi (20.5/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||60954, 60964|
|GNIS feature ID||0429543|
Pembroke Township is one of seventeen townships in Kankakee County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2000 census, its population was 2,784. Pembroke Township was formed from parts of Momence township on February 17, 1877.
According to the United States Census Bureau, Pembroke Township covers an area of 52.49 square miles (135.9 km2).
Cities, towns, villages 
Unincorporated towns 
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
Adjacent townships 
- Momence Township (north)
- Lake Township, Newton County, Indiana (northeast)
- McClellan Township, Newton County, Indiana (east)
- Beaverville Township, Iroquois County (south)
- St. Anne Township (west)
- Ganeer Township (northwest)
The township contains the Guiding Star Memorial Cemetery.
As of November 11, 2009, according to a CBS newspaper article, the government fired the police force and closed two of three elementary schools. Currently, the County Sheriff provides patrols. Almost half the working age adults are out of work. Pembroke was once home to a Nestle Corporation factory where more than 100 people worked.
The township is governed by an elected Town Board of a Supervisor and four Trustees. The Township also has an elected Assessor, Clerk, Highway Commissioner and Supervisor. The Township Office is located at PO Box A, Hopkins Park, IL 60944.
Political districts 
- Illinois' 11th congressional district
- State House District 79
- State Senate District 40
School districts 
- St. Anne Community Consolidated School District 256
- St. Anne Community High School District 302
- "Pembroke Township, Kankakee County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-02-20.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas