during a audio lunch
|Born||Prabhas Raju Uppalapati
October 23, 1979
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
|Residence||Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, India|
|Other names||Young Rebel Star, Prabha, Darling, Mr. Perfect, Tollywood Hunk|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
Krishnam Raju (Paternal uncle)
Prabhas Raju Uppalapati (born 23 October 1979), popularly known as Prabhas, is an Indian film actor, who is referred to as Young Rebel star in Telugu cinema. He made his debut with Eeshwar. After playing the role of a lover boy in the 2004 blockbuster film Varsham, Prabhas continued in this vein, gaining mass appeal for his subsequent films. He appeared in the blockbuster hit Chatrapathi and continued enthralling masses with commercial entertainers like Munna, Ek Niranjan, Bujjigadu, Billa, and Mirchi. proving his box office stamina. After gaining success, he started experimenting with youthful family entertainers like Darling and Mr. Perfect which were successful at the box office.
||This section of a biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013)|
Prabhas was born to U. Suryanarayana Raju and Siva Kumari. His family is from Mogalturu village in West Godavari district, Andhra Pradesh. He is the youngest of three children, with an elder brother Pramod and sister Pragathee. He is the nephew of Telugu actor Uppalapati Krishnam Raju.
Prabhas started his movie career with Eshwar in 2002. In 2003, he was the lead in Raghavendra. He gained popularity in 2004 with M. S. Raju's Varsham opposite Trisha Krishnan. He followed this with Adavi Raamudu and Chakram. In September 2005 he acted in the film Chatrapathi opposite Shriya Saran. Chatrapathi was a major success followed by Pournami and Yogi, which were box office flops. Munna, an action-drama film which starred Ileana D'Cruz, came out in 2007 was his third hit after Varsham and Chatrapathi, followed by the action-comedy Bujjigadu in 2008, which was his third film opposite Trisha . In 2009 his two films Billa and Ek Niranjan were successful at the box office. In Billa Prabhas was paired with Anushka Shetty for the first time.
In 2010 he had only one release, the romantic comedy Darling. The film was a critical and commercial success in which Prabhas was paired with Kajal Aggarwal. Prabhas's performance was praised by critics and he won CineMaa Awards Best Actor (Jury) for his role. He had one release in 2011, Mr. Perfect, another romantic comedy. This was his second film with Kajal which also starred Taapsee Pannu. The film was praised by critics and became a box-office blockbuster. In 2012, Prabhas starred in Rebel, an action film starring Tamannaah Bhatia and Deeksha Seth and directed by Raghava Lawrence. Rebel received mixed reviews from critics and was average at the box office. His next film was Mirchi with debutante director Koratala Shiva starring Anushka and Richa Gangopadhyay. Previously this film was named Vaaradhi. The film fetched highly positive reviews upon release. The movie also became blockbuster of Tollywood in the year. He will be seen in Baahubali directed by S. S. Rajamouli opposite Anushka Shetty for the third time and Tammana Bhatia for the second time along with Rana Daggubati.
|2005||Chatrapathi||Sivaji / Chatrapathi||Telugu|
|2007||Yogi||Eeshwar Prasad (Yogi)||Telugu|
|2009||Billa||Billa / Ranga||Telugu|
Awards and Nominations
|2004||Santosham Film Awards||Santosham Best Young Performers Award||Varsham||Won|
|2004||Filmfare Awards South||Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Telugu||Varsham||Nominated|
|2005||Filmfare Awards South||Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Telugu||Chhatrapati||Nominated|
|2009||Filmfare Awards South||Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Telugu||Ek Niranjan||Nominated|
|2010||CineMAA Awards||CineMAA Award for Best Actor-Jury||Darling||Won|
|2011||Filmfare Awards South||Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Telugu||Mr. Perfect||Nominated|
|2012||South Indian International Movie Awards||Best Actor||Mr. Perfect||Nominated|
- "Biography". Official Website. Retrieved Jan 2012.
- "Prabas personal webpage".
- "Metro Plus Visakhapatnam / Profiles : Lights, Action, Prabhas!". Chennai, India: The Hindu. 2008-05-24. Retrieved 2012-05-30.
- "Prabhas is too busy for Billa 2". The Times of India. 2011-08-03. Retrieved 2012-05-30.
- "Surprise birthday gift to Prabhas fans - The Times of India". The Times Of India.
- "Prabhas joins Facebook - The Times of India". The Times Of India.
- "Bahubali making teaser for Prabhas birthday - The Times of India". The Times Of India.
- "Prabhas completes 10 years in industry". The Times of India. Retrieved 11 November 2012.
- "Prabash personal details".
- "Prabhas’ birthday a family affair". Deccan Chronicle. 2011-10-24. Retrieved 2012-05-30.
- "Telugu Cinema - function - silver jubilee function - Varsham - Prabhas, Trisha". Idlebrain.com. 2004-11-01. Retrieved 2012-05-30.
- "Filmography". Official Website. Retrieved Jan 2012.
- Vaaradhi changed to Mirchi
- "Prabhas is Kaliyuga Ramudu". apHerald.com. 2013-05-17. Retrieved 2013-05-17.