Pawan Kalyan in October 2007
|Born||Konidala Kalyan Babu
Bapatla, Andhra Pradesh, India
|Residence||Film Nagar, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Occupation||Actor, Director, Screenwriter, Stunt coordinator, Choreographer, Playback Singer|
|Years active||1996 – present|
|Children||Konidela Akira Nandan Tej (born 2004)
Konidela Aadhya (born 2010)
|Parents||Venkat Rao Konidela
Anjana Devi Konidela
Pawan Kalyan (born Konidela Kalyan Babu) is an Indian film actor, martial artist, director, screenwriter, stunt coordinator, choreographer known for his works predominantly in Telugu cinema. He is the younger brother of actor turned politician Chiranjeevi. Kalyan made his acting debut in 1996 Telugu film Akkada Ammayi Ikkada Abbayi. In March 2014, he ventured into politics and has founded the Jana Sena Party. In the year 2014, a poll conducted by NDTV, listed Kalyan, as the most searchable Indian celebrity politician on google, ahead of Kumar Vishwas from Aam Admi Party.
In 1998, he starred in Tholi Prema which won the National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Telugu for that year. He is known for his work in films like Gokulamlo Seetha, Suswagatham, Tholi Prema, Thammudu, Badri, Kushi, Jalsa, Gabbar Singh for which he received the Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Telugu, and the recent 1.8 billion grosser, Attarintiki Daredi. He was listed #53 in Forbes India top 100 Celebrities for the year 2012.
Kalyan is a trained Martial Artist. He holds a black belt in karate and has displayed his skills in several of his films. He publicly performed his martial arts skills at several auditoriums. He was awarded the title "Pawan", symbolizing Hanuman. From then, he started using the name Pawan Kalyan. Kalyan is a vegetarian and is highly influenced by Che Guevara, Jiddu Krishnamurti and Swami Vivekananda's philosophy.
Kalyan married Nandini, a Visakhapatnam resident, on 17 May 1997. The couple separated after two years of marriage. Kalyan started a relationship with his co-star Renu Desai and married her on 28 January 2009. Renu Desai worked as a costume designer for most of his films. The couple has two children, a son born in 2004 and a daughter born in 2010.
Early career (1996–1997)
Pawan Kalyan entered the Telugu movie industry with the 1996 film Akkada Ammayi Ikkada Abbayi as Kalyan Babu. His second movie was Gokulamlo Seetha in 1997, which was a remake of the 1996 Tamil film Gokulathil Seethai. This movie was directed by Muthyala Subbaiah and produced by G.V.G. Raju. In 1997, he also appeared in Suswagatham, a remake of 1997 Tamil film Love Today.
In 1998, Tholi Prema was released and won a National Award and six Nandi Awards. After Tholi Prema, Pawan acted in Thammudu, playing the role of a kick boxer. Thammudu was released on 15 July 1999 and was written and directed by P. A. he acted in Puri Jagannadh's first directorial venture Badri.
Johnny, written and directed by Kalyan, released on 26 April 2003. Kalyan also starred in the film, along with Renu Desai. In 2004, his film Gudumba Shankar was released. The film was directed by Veera Shankar and produced by Pawan's brother Nagendra Babu on Anjana Productions banner. The film's script and screenplay were written by Kalyan and he also choreographed three songs in this film and actions scenes were conceived and choreographed by him.
In 2005, the film Balu ABCDEFG, directed by A. Karunakaran was released. This was A. Karunakaran's second film with Pawan Kalyan after Tholi Prema. This film was produced by C. Ashwini Dutt under Vyjayanthi Movies banner. In 2006, Bangaram directed by Tamil director Dharani was released. Later that year, he appeared in Annavaram directed by Bhimaneni Srinivasa Rao. Asin, and Sandhya were cast alongside Pawan in the film and the film was produced by Mega Supergood Films. The film was released on 29 December 2006  and collected 23 crores in 3 weeks. The film was a remake of the Tamil film Thirupaachi. Pawan Kalyan also choreographed a song "Neevalle Neevalle" in this film.
2008 – present
Puli was written and directed by S. J. Suryaah and released in 2010. An official announcement was made in the same year that Kalyan was going to play a small role in a movie about Jesus Christ directed by Singeetam Srinivasa Rao .
In 2012, Kalyan appeared in Gabbar Singh, a remake of Dabangg, directed by Harish Shankar. The film successfully completed 100 days and stood as the highest grossing film of all time in Tollywood. After this film he worked in Puri Jagannadh's Cameraman Ganga Tho Rambabu. He then appeared in Trivikram Srinivas's Attharintiki Daaredhi. The film, released on 27 September 2013. This film faced problems with piracy as half of the movie got leaked in the internet prior to its release. Attharintiki Daaredhi completed 100 days in the theater.
- SIIMA Award for Best Actor - Telugu for Gabbar Singh (2012)
- CineMAA Award for Best Actor - Telugu for Gabbar Singh (2012)
|1996||Akkada Ammayi Ikkada Abbayi||E. V. V. Satyanarayana||Kalyan|
|1997||Gokulamlo Seetha||Muthyala Subbaiah||Pawan Kalyan|
|1998||Suswagatham||Bhimaneni Srinivasa Rao||Ganesh|
|1998||Tholi Prema||A. Karunakaran||Balu|
|1999||Thammudu||P. A. Arun Prasad||Subhash|
|2001||Kushi||S. J. Surya||Siddhartha Roy|
|2004||Gudumba Shankar||Veera Shankar||Shankar|
|2005||Balu ABCDEFG||A. Karunakaran||Balu/Ghani|
|2006||Annavaram||Bhimaneni Srinivasa Rao||Annavaram|
|2008||Jalsa||Trivikram Srinivas||Sanjay Sahu|
|2010||Puli||S. J. Surya||Komaram Puli|
|2011||Theenmaar||Jayanth C. Paranjee||Arjun Palwai,
|2012||Gabbar Singh||Harish Shankar||Venkataratnam Naidu
|2012||Cameraman Ganga Tho Rambabu||Puri Jagannadh||Rambabu|
|2013||Attarintiki Daredi||Trivikram Srinivas||Gowtham Nanda|
|2014||Gabbar Singh 2||Sampath Nandi||Gabbar Singh|
|1999||Thammudu||"Thati Chettu" and "Em Pilla" (Bit songs)|
|2001||Kushi||"Bai Baiye Bangaru Ramanamma" (Bit Song)|
|2003||Johnny||"Nuvvu Sara Taguta" and "Ravoyi Maa Intiki" (Bit songs)|
|2004||Gudumba Shankar||"Killi Killi" along with Mallikarjun|
|2011||Panjaa||"Paparaayudu" along with Hemachandra, Sathyan & Brahmanandam|
|2013||Attarintiki Daredi||"Kaatama Rayudaa, Kadiri Narasimhudaa"|
|2000||Badri||"I am an Indian", "Bangala Kathamlo" and "Yeh! Chikitha"|
|2001||Kushi||All songs except "Ammaye Sannaga" and "Gajja Gallu"|
|2004||Gudumba Shankar||All songs|
- Pawan Kalyan's Childhood photo in Genes Show -Etv - YouTube
- "Pawan Kalyan is married to Russian Anna Lezhneva". Deccan Chronicle. 30 December 2013. Retrieved 30 December 2013.
- Happy Birthday 'Power Star' Pawan Kalyan – Telugu Movie News. IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 2011-12-30.
- "Pawan Kalyan's political outfit named as 'Jana Sena' Party - The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2014-03-13.
- Posted by: Shekhar (2013-08-16). "Jana Sena - Name Of Pawan Kalyan's New Political Party - Oneindia Entertainment". Entertainment.oneindia.in. Retrieved 2014-03-13.
- IANS - HYDERABAD. "Telugu Actor Pawan Kalyan Launches New Party - new indian express". www.newindianexpress.com. Retrieved 2014-03-14.
- Pawan Kalyan most searched celebrity candidate on Google | NDTV.com
- Filmfare Awards (South): The complete list of Winners
- Nitya, Nag bag awards on star-studded night | The Hindu
- Pawan Kalyan - Forbes India Magazine
- "Leaders console Chiranjeevi". The Hindu. 25 December 2007. Retrieved 8 December 2011.
- "Pawan Kalyan Karate show invitation". Cherry fans. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- Akkada Ammayi Ikkada Abbayi Review – Akkada Ammayi Ikkada Abbayi Movie Review on fullhyd.com. Fullhyderabad.com. Retrieved 2011-12-30.
- "Happy Birthday 'Power Star' Pawan Kalyan – Telugu Movie News". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- "TotalTollywood". TotalTollywood. 2 September 1973. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- "Will the legal case on Pawan Kalyan stand?". Andhra Studio. Retrieved 22 November 2012.
- "Pavan Kalyan gets married". The Times of India. 29 January 2009. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- U. Sudhakar Reddy (29 December 2013). "Pawan Kalyan is married to Russian Anna Lezhneva". deccanchronicle.com. Retrieved 15 January 2014.
- "Nandi Awards Nandi Awards – 1998". Chithr.com. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- "Movie review - Kushi". http://www.idlebrain.com/. Retrieved 21 January 2014.
- "Johnny (2003) Full Cast & Crew". IMDB. Retrieved 21 January 2014.
- "Annavaram – Power Star proves his might again". indiaglitz. 29 December 2006. Retrieved 2 October 2012.
- "'Annavaram' collects Rs 23 cr in 3 weeks". indiaglitz. 20 January 2007. Retrieved 2 October 2012.
- "'Annavaram' gets record collections". indiaglitz. 6 January 2007. Retrieved 2 October 2012.
- The Guardian.Pawan Kalyan to star in Bollywood film of Christ's life
- "Pawan's 'LAK' remake titled 'Teenmaar' – Telugu Movie News". IndiaGlitz. 31 August 2005. Retrieved 2011-02-04.
- Vishnuvardhan's double dhamaka – Times Of India. Timesofindia.indiatimes.com (2 February 2011). Retrieved 2011-12-06.
- Pawan-Vishnu flick in March. Sify.com (1 February 2011). Retrieved 2011-12-06.
- "Gabbar Singh shoot begins". sify. Retrieved 10 February 2012.
- "Gabbar Singh completes 100 days at the box office". ibnlive. Retrieved 18 Aug 2012.
- "Gabbar Singh on a roll at the box office". Business Standard. Retrieved 2 Jun 2012.
- Internet.html "Attarintiki Daaredi first half leaked on the Internet". http://www.apnewscorner.com. Retrieved 21 January 2014.
- "Pawan's Attarintiki Daredi completes 100 days". http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 21 January 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pawan Kalyan.|