Robinson Middle School
|Robinson Middle School|
|Plano, Texas, United States|
|School district||Plano Independent School District|
|Principal||Billie Jean Lee|
|Grades||6th through 8th|
|Website||Robinson Middle School Homepage|
J.W. Robinson Middle School is a public secondary school within the Plano Independent School District. Sixth through eighth graders attend, feeding from Gulledge, Haun, and Daffron. Robinson, along with Rice Middle School feeds into Jasper High School (grades 9–10), and then Plano West Senior High School (grades 11–12). The current principal is Billie Jean Lee, and Natasha Goodwin is the vice principal.
• For the school year of 2008–2009, Robinson's orchestra was named Honor Orchestra of Texas. • For the school year or 08-09, Robinson's orchestra, choir, and band had the most All Region members out of all the other middle schools. • 7th grade boys track in the school year or 2007–2008 set records in the 4 X 400m and many other records.
• 7th Grade boys basketball in the 07-08 went undefeated and won the state championship.
• Award for Academic Excellence: National Center for Educational Accountability: math, writing, social studies, science. • National Center for Educational Accountability names RMS "Just for Kids High Performing Schools". 
• Duke Talent Search 2006, 16 grand recognition winners.
• Discovery Science Challenge, 2 winners.
• Non-varsity Treble Choir, Sweepstakes Award, 16 students in Region Choir; 6th grade Choir, 1st Division Rating and Best in Class Award; • Varsity Mixed Choir, Sweepstakes Award; • TCDA 2003 Middle School Honor Choir, San Antonio, 2 students.
• All Region Orchestra 26; Honor Orchestra of Texas 2007–2008.
• Varsity and Non Varsity Orchestras Sweepstakes for UIL concert and sight reading; varsity, non-varsity, and intermediate orchestras earned superior ratings at Plano String Festival,
• Orchestra solo and ensemble: 68 superior solos, 8 superior ensembles, 26 excellent solos, and 2 excellent ensembles.
• All City Band, 27 students; UIL concert and sight reading contest: 1st division superior ratings and sweepstakes awards given to Symphonic and Concert I bands;
• Sandy Lake Band Festival: 1st division superior rating given to Concert II band. Whiz Quiz. Math Counts,1st place at Chapter level and advanced to state.
• Robinson Environmentalist Club of Environmentalists was awarded the "Most Improved PISD Environmentalist Club of Environmentalists" at the Community Environmental Awards Ceremony on May 1, 2007. • Robinson Middle School Football: 2007–2008 7th grade football; 5-1 losing only losing to their fellow West feeder school, Renner Middle School.
• Robinson Middle School Basketball: 2007–2008 7th grade basketball; A team and B team both finished the season with records of 10–0. A team won the Plano 7th Grade City Championship. But B team lost to Renner Middle School in the Plano 7th Grade City Championship.
• Robinson Middle School Track & Field: 2007–2008 7th grade track & field; Robinson won the City District Meet and got a banner and a trophy for their school. Solomon Gill set a new city record in the 400.
• In the school year of 2009–2010 all of the choir students in 6th grade choir that competed in the solo festival got the highest possible rating (1)
• Robinson Middle School's Full Orchestra was Honor Orchestra of Texas the school year of 2013-2014. The Full Orchestra traveled to San Antonio to perform for the Annual TMEA Convention at the Lila Cockrell Building.