From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up shambala in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Shambhala or Shambala is a mythical kingdom in Tibetan Buddhism. It may also refer to:
- Shambhala Buddhism is a Buddhist lineage named by Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche
- Related to Shambhala Buddhism:
- Shambhala Publications, an independent publishing company that has no affiliation with Shambhala Buddhism, which specializes in books that deal with Buddhism or related topics
In media and entertainment
- Shambhala (film), a 2012 Thai film
- Fullmetal Alchemist the Movie: Conqueror of Shamballa, an anime film where the Shamballa myth is the central storyline
- Shambala (album), by Aquaria
- "Shambala" (Beastie Boys song)
- "Shambala" (song), a song written by Daniel Moore, and recorded by several artists including B. W. Stevenson, Rockapella and Three Dog Night
- Shambhala (music festival), a Canadian music festival
- Shambala Festival, a UK festival
- Shambala, a mythical location in the video game Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Places, peoples and languages
- Shambala, Xiangcheng County, a town in Sichuan, China
- Shambaa people, a people of Tanzania, sometimes known as "Shambala"
- Shambala language, a separate Tanzanian language
- Shamballa, the dwelling place of the governing deity of Earth, Sanat Kumara, and his attendants
- Shambhala Preserve, an animal refuge founded by actress Tippi Hedren
- Shambhala: Expedición al Himalaya, a roller coaster at PortAventura
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Shambala.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.