Skull and crossbones
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||This is the page title of a primary topic, and an article needs to be written about it. When a broad-concept article is written about the primary meaning of Skull and crossbones, it should be moved to this page title. Related titles on this page should be described in the new article, while unrelated titles should be moved to Skull and crossbones (disambiguation).||
|Look up skull and crossbones or ☠ in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Skull and crossbones is a symbol of a human skull with two long bones crossed below it. It is used in several contexts:
- Skull and crossbones (symbol), as a symbol of death and especially as a memento mori on tombstones.
- Skull and crossbones (poison), a warning symbol of poisonous substances and danger
- Skull and crossbones (military), in variations used by several military forces
- Skull and crossbones (fraternities and sports), used also by sororities and secret societies
- Skull and crossbones (Spanish cemetery) "campo santo", used to mark the entrances to cemeteries
- Unicode represents the symbol "☠" in its Miscellaneous Symbols block.
- Skull and crossbones are sometimes shown on a crucifix, referring to Golgotha or Adam's skull.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Skull and crossbones.|
- Jolly Roger, the name of various (black/pirate) flags often including skull and crossbones
- Totenkopf, German for the "skull & crossbones" symbol
- Death's head (disambiguation)
- Skull and Bones, a secret society at Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut
- Skull & Bones (album) by the rap group Cypress Hill
- Crossbones (disambiguation)
- Bucranium, an ancient symbol of the skull of an ox
- Skull & Bones, a power metal band from Argentina
- Skull n Bones, a song by Zomboy, released on his album The Outbreak
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Skull and crossbones.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.